Brievel's Ladies of Aman

Brievel's Ladies of Aman

Postby Brievel » 04 Oct 2022, 04:41

In which I will attempt to recreate the concept art for Once Upon A Picnic in living color, as best I may.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First up, we have one of the most interesting characters in the whole saga, Hithlírë. She is (spoilers)
the first Elf that Maedhros Fëanorian ever slew.
She is also (more spoilers)
his love interest, but they have a very rocky road to travel to get from Point A to Point B.
She is, to most people, cool, remote, and aloof, but her smile, when she flashes it, could rival the Trees, and (this ties in to the previous spoilers)
makes Maedhros totally weak.

Falmarin fashions tend to be pastel and gradient, with shorter skirts for unmarried women and longer skirts for married women. (She is pictured here wearing a wife's dress but no wedding ring... ah, the limitations of working within set parameters.) ---Edit: I have received correction from the co-author (who is developing the Falmari as a people.)
An addendum to your paragraph about Falmarin fashions: the dresses of a married woman go to the ankles at the longest and mid-calf at the shortest. Unmarried women wear skirts from just below the knee to mid-thigh. Formal dresses are floor-length. Semi-formal reflect the marital status of the wearer. Both formal and semi-formal tend to be backless/have low backs.

The Falmari as a people tend to have more tan-to-brown or bronze skin; most have brown hair of varying shades, with a very few having silver.

Next, we have a textual ghost: the wife of Mahtan and mother of Nerdanel. There are almost as many different iterations of her as there are fanfic authors who write fics with Mahtan in them, but my personal favorite - because she's my OC - is Sailimë. As redheaded as her husband, her name means wise/patient woman, and it fits her. She is Unbegotten, just like her husband, and is thus one of the oldest living creatures. She forgives everyone their every deed, and her grandchildren like to warn new cousins that her primary goal in life is to mother every one of her descendants. She is famous for her baked goods, particularly her cookies.

Last edited by Brievel on 06 Oct 2022, 00:35, edited 2 times in total.
Lady Name: Brievel

ID: 5944960

For this post the author Brievel thanked: 5
AndreeaG (06 Oct 2022, 07:57) • ladyana (06 Oct 2022, 08:43) • nefeliethan (07 Oct 2022, 08:35) • Quvenzhane Wallis (04 Oct 2022, 18:27) • Undead_Elaine (14 Oct 2022, 00:02)
Rating: 6.02%

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 472 times

Re: Brievel's Ladies of Aman

Postby Brievel » 04 Oct 2022, 06:19

This is the original concept art for Sailimë, upon which the LP doll was based.

.....I think I maybe got the skin tone wrong in the LP doll... I might need to remake it.

For this post the author Brievel thanked: 2
Quvenzhane Wallis (04 Oct 2022, 18:27) • Undead_Elaine (14 Oct 2022, 00:02)
Rating: 2.41%

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby Brievel » 05 Oct 2022, 00:46

So I made an updated Sailimë, I'm pretty pleased with how this one turned out. She fits the original concept art better, I think.

Tomorrow, I'll probably do Taltafuinë, who is theoretically a very minor character but in whom I am rapidly becoming very emotionally invested.

nefeliethan (07 Oct 2022, 08:35) • Undead_Elaine (14 Oct 2022, 00:02)

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby Brievel » 05 Oct 2022, 23:34

Today, we have Taltafuinë. She has a Tragic Backstory (TM) that can basically be boiled down to "family problems." She serves Queen Eärwen, to whom she is fiercely devoted, but otherwise keeps to herself. Her only real friend is Yavien, a fellow handmaiden. She hides her loneliness and sadness behind a facade of calm practicality. She has a natural bent for healing, and is the official healer for the Noldorin Royal Family.

She is pictured here standing in Arafinwë's gardens (I will have to consult my co-author on which is more like his designs.)

--Edit: I got the co-author stamp of approval!
Very nice. I like her.
Her dress very well suits Falmarin maiden fashions.
For a royal garden in the city of Tirion, I think the second background suits better.

Original concept art (although she should've been wearing blue, as a handmaiden) :

nefeliethan (07 Oct 2022, 08:35) • Undead_Elaine (14 Oct 2022, 00:03)

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby Brievel » 06 Oct 2022, 23:21

Today, I have another relatively minor character who is, nevertheless, one of my favorites: Gwailasil. A very distant descendant of Sailimë and Mahtan, she was captured and enthralled in Angband as a child. She survived, becoming one of Thuringwethil's personal handmaidens, and was later present for the
torture, seduction, and treachery
of Maeglin. When she died, her soul was captured by the Necromancer Sauron, but was freed when he fell at the end of the War of Wrath. She has recently been rebodied and was fostered by Sailimë and Mahtan for a time, during which she was befriended by Maglor's wife Liltarissë, before choosing to live in Urundilmar and taking an apprenticeship in crafting stained glass.

She is pictured here standing in the woods right outside Urundilmar, holding one of her half-finished creations.

nefeliethan (07 Oct 2022, 08:35) • Undead_Elaine (14 Oct 2022, 00:03)

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby Brievel » 07 Oct 2022, 23:33

Today, we have a real treat - another textual ghost: Curufin's wife. This iteration is named Telpelótë, and is technically not mine - she's my co-author's OC. She's cheerful, exuberant, and has lots of bad ideas. (*insert joke about marrying Curufin here*) Celebrimbor got much of his personality from her, in fact.

She is a talented silversmith, and continues to work her Craft in conjunction with her husband after his rebodying.

Of course, she has a heaping helping of angst in her background: she is Falmarin, and stayed loyal to her husband during the First Kinslaying.
In fact, she killed her own mother, albeit unintentionally. Her father saw the whole thing, and did nothing to stop her death when another Falmar attacked her from behind.
She is very close to her mother-in-law, Nerdanel, but refuses to forgive her father-in-law, Fëanor, for the Burning at Losgar.

(We couldn't decide which background we preferred, so you get both!)

For this post the author Brievel thanked: 3
fiona star (10 Oct 2022, 16:22) • Undead_Elaine (14 Oct 2022, 00:03) • Wax Storm (10 Oct 2022, 16:41)
Rating: 3.61%

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby Brievel » 10 Oct 2022, 16:09

I have something a little different today: the first non-OC, or canon character. This is Melian, formerly Queen of Doriath and Girdle fame, and currently Queen of Dorlúth. She dwells in the new realm with her husband, son, and several assorted descendants, smoothing over diplomatic incidents caused by her husband's and son's pride and contempt of the Noldor.

Undead_Elaine (14 Oct 2022, 00:03) • Wax Storm (10 Oct 2022, 16:40)

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby fiona star » 10 Oct 2022, 16:10

Brievel wrote:Today, we have a real treat - another textual ghost: Curufin's wife. This iteration is named Telpelótë, and is technically not mine - she's my co-author's OC. She's cheerful, exuberant, and has lots of bad ideas. (*insert joke about marrying Curufin here*) Celebrimbor got much of his personality from her, in fact.

She is a talented silversmith, and continues to work her Craft in conjunction with her husband after his rebodying.

Of course, she has a heaping helping of angst in her background: she is Falmarin, and stayed loyal to her husband during the First Kinslaying.
In fact, she killed her own mother, albeit unintentionally. Her father saw the whole thing, and did nothing to stop her death when another Falmar attacked her from behind.
She is very close to her mother-in-law, Nerdanel, but refuses to forgive her father-in-law, Fëanor, for the Burning at Losgar.

(We couldn't decide which background we preferred, so you get both!)

I have to ask this is the prettiest dress i have ever saw where did you get it?
fiona star id=4490954 MaJ3stic Ang3Ls
» ──────»✧・゚: *✧・゚*・゚✧«────── «
“I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed”

For this post the author fiona star was thanked by:
Undead_Elaine (14 Oct 2022, 00:03)
Rating: 1.2%

fiona star
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 841 times

Postby Brievel » 10 Oct 2022, 16:31

fiona star wrote:

It was from the Bubbles event a little while ago, I think. Or the one that happened at the same time, I don't remember precisely.

For this post the author Brievel was thanked by:

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby fiona star » 10 Oct 2022, 16:39

Brievel wrote:
fiona star wrote:

It was from the Bubbles event a little while ago, I think. Or the one that happened at the same time, I don't remember precisely.

It is very pretty
fiona star id=4490954 MaJ3stic Ang3Ls
» ──────»✧・゚: *✧・゚*・゚✧«────── «
“I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed”

For this post the author fiona star was thanked by:

fiona star
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!