Brievel's Ladies of Aman

Re: Brievel's Ladies of Aman

Postby Brievel » 28 Oct 2022, 17:56

The co-author and I are finalizing designs for the remaining handmaidens and their official garb. She asked me for designs for the other two handmaidens I voice.

This is Nessanië, a Noldo. Her personality is cool and thoughtful, and she doesn't get involved in the drama in which Yelincë and Mairen delight. Her primary responsibilities are hospitality and overseeing the household.

And for once, the concept art isn't actually as close to what I had in mind as the LP doll is...

Although I forgot to give the LP doll a circlet... this is what happens when you do these things in a rush and on the sly...
Lady Name: Brievel

ID: 5944960

For this post the author Brievel was thanked by:
nefeliethan (29 Oct 2022, 06:09)
Rating: 1.2%

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 472 times

Postby Brievel » 04 Nov 2022, 04:47

Honestly I've been dying to make Indis for awhile and finally have!

The first one is a festival dress; the golden feathers were collected by the Vanyar when Eönwë was molting while flying over Valimar and used to decorate clothes. XD (This weirds him out.) The second one, she is at leisure in her own... garden pavilion, I guess?

nefeliethan (16 Nov 2022, 10:44)

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby Brievel » 11 Nov 2022, 00:35

And finally the last of the handmaidens whom I voice: Yelincë. The youngest of all of them, she is inquisitive, gossipy, and lives for drama - the only real obstacle to this being Hithlírë, of whom she is utterly terrified.

Her duties lie in the area of fashion: she takes care of Queen Eärwen's wardrobe, makeup, and jewelry.

(The blue isn't right - it should be navy or royal blue - and the uniform isn't quite right - but this is my best attempt at recreating the handmaidens' work dress.)

nefeliethan (16 Nov 2022, 10:44)

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby Brievel » 12 Nov 2022, 01:06

And we finally have the lady of the hour herself, Nerdanel!! She is, I believe, in Arafinwë's garden, helping to install a collaboration between herself and Fëanor (he did the gilding.)

I've been kind of dicey about doing her thus far, for several different reasons. For one thing, there are literally thousands - perhaps millions - of different depictions of her out there. Some of them I like very much, some... less so. But the ones I do like, I could never do justice too. And also, I'm not the one voicing her in OUAP, nor did I have a fully detailed concept art off of which to work.

But, I've actually wanted to make her for awhile, so I'm glad I got up the nerve to do so. I don't think she turned out too badly (although her hair should be curlier, I just noticed there are no curly-haired ponytails?) although of course, I'll need the stamp of approval from the co-author.

nefeliethan (16 Nov 2022, 10:43)

Brievel
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Previous

Return to Forum Diaries