Drawing contest-Valentines' Day Fashion

Old ART topics can be found here

Re: Drawing contest-Valentines' Day Fashion

Postby Felicia Stormclaws » 03 Feb 2012, 01:19

Lots of love and work went into this picture. I figured out a whole new way to outline hand drawn characters in PS with more natural colored lines, which was well worth the work regardless. I have actually been working on this for over a week, having had the inspiration for her and trying to guess the next contest. She's inspired by a combination of cupid and Venus, roman goddess of love. Obviously the wings are borrowed from sir cupid, and the ruffles being meant to be reminiscent of the clam shell from her most famous appearance in "the Birth of Venus". I was going to have her hair red but decided against it because the strawberry blond provided more contrast for the hair and draws the eye in a more dramatic way. Further in the ruffles and the soles of the shoes if you look closely you can see a heart pattern as a more classical Valentine's theme. The colors are lovely shades of purple with colors warming towards pink, and in bright and lively tones that I hope bring to mind the joy and energy we get from being in love.

Lady Felicia Stormclaw
Felicia Stormclaws

Have thanks: 21 times

Postby Felicia Stormclaws » 09 Feb 2012, 17:00

What better time of year is there for the Queen of Hearts than Valentine's Day. :) I tried to make this particular outfit as completely unique as possible while staying inspired by the Hearts theme, and I think the glitter effect worked out nicely this time, that's something I'm trying to practice with, once I have that down I'll move on to lace ;) Anyways, in spite of the fact that she didn't take me as long as the first, mostly because of the less complex background, I like this one better.. I think. Ask me again tomorrow, lol.

Kisses and hugs,

Lady Felicia Stormclaw

For this post the author Felicia Stormclaws thanked: 2
Halienna (10 Feb 2012, 13:10) • Niki (09 Feb 2012, 17:07)
Rating: 2.41%

Felicia Stormclaws

Postby Felicia Stormclaws » 18 Feb 2012, 01:03

I had something really long and wonderful written up about this drawing, and the fact that it was inspired by carnival, and how all the colors and elements worked together to make a fun and flirty valentines outfit and blah blah blah...

Needless to say that didn't go through, so I'm not gonna retype all that. :P Just enjoy the pretty (at least I think it's pretty)

Kisses and Hugs,

Lady Felicia Stormclaw
Felicia Stormclaws

Return to Art Archive