Engagement Party Question

Something is not clear to you and you have a question? We are here to answer.

Engagement Party Question

Postby Gaia » 03 Mar 2019, 04:35

Hey,

So I am engaged to my fiancé in the game for 67 days total. This past month for about 5 weeks I’ve been stuck in the mission that you have to ‘search for a musician.’ Every day I click the search button, but I do it only once because extra tries cost diamonds. I wanted to know from different people, who already got engaged, about how long you had to wait till you finally got the musician you wanted. This mission has taken me so long compared to the others, I don’t want to be stuck on it for another month.

Does the waiting have anything to do with the musician I chose? I picked the piano one, perhaps it requires a higher level of difficulty for you to get it?
Lady name: Gaia.
with a dot! Image

ID: 1663132
Gaia
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1079 times

Re: Engagement Party Question

Postby Trinity Starling » 03 Mar 2019, 06:19

Hi Gaia,

When I got engaged, I picked the string quartet first, which was in the far left spot, and it took me quite some time (around the time you spent for the pianist) to get it. I think it would generally be best to choose musicians whose slots are in the middle and not out on the far left or far right spots because once you get a musician, you can move on to the next tasks but you can still choose more musicians for free after you get the first one. For my engagement party, I actually got all of the musicians over time.

- Trinity
Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

For this post the author Trinity Starling was thanked by:
Gaia (03 Mar 2019, 21:52)
Rating: 1.2%

Trinity Starling

Have thanks: 625 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Wax Storm » 03 Mar 2019, 07:09

Gaia wrote:Hey,

So I am engaged to my fiancé in the game for 67 days total. This past month for about 5 weeks I’ve been stuck in the mission that you have to ‘search for a musician.’ Every day I click the search button, but I do it only once because extra tries cost diamonds. I wanted to know from different people, who already got engaged, about how long you had to wait till you finally got the musician you wanted. This mission has taken me so long compared to the others, I don’t want to be stuck on it for another month.

Does the waiting have anything to do with the musician I chose? I picked the piano one, perhaps it requires a higher level of difficulty for you to get it?

I think Trinity answered your question somewhat. It all depends on luck on that task. I think I got mine the 2nd or 3rd day cause I remember talking about that in club chat and everyone else was complaining on how long it took them. But once you get at least one you will be able to move to next task and while you do the other tasks work on musicians as well. Also a smart player will spend a lot of time on their engagement party planing. I spent over a year planning because I really tried to buy everything from the shops that was for emeralds for the fashion points ;) plus once you have your party those shops will go way and you won't have access to them anymore. Lori is on her 3rd year of planning now, she has very little stuff left to buy but I was faster because I really wanted to have my engagement party on here on my real life wedding's eve so I rushed it, farmed ems daily like crazy (being unemployed helped though) :D
Also, keep in mind that once you reach a task where you need to buy stuff like furniture or clothing you don't need to hire the Planner anymore cause the tasks before that are unlocked so you can play/do/buy them without planner ;) Don't spend ems all the time for that. For more than 8 months I shopped and got myself all musicians or food tables without planner ;)
Wax Storm
id=116317

For this post the author Wax Storm was thanked by:
Gaia (03 Mar 2019, 21:54)

Wax Storm
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1172 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 03 Mar 2019, 21:52

Wax Storm wrote:
Gaia wrote:Hey,

I think Trinity answered your question somewhat. It all depends on luck on that task. I think I got mine the 2nd or 3rd day cause I remember talking about that in club chat and everyone else was complaining on how long it took them. But once you get at least one you will be able to move to next task and while you do the other tasks work on musicians as well. Also a smart player will spend a lot of time on their engagement party planing. I spent over a year planning because I really tried to buy everything from the shops that was for emeralds for the fashion points ;) plus once you have your party those shops will go way and you won't have access to them anymore. Lori is on her 3rd year of planning now, she has very little stuff left to buy but I was faster because I really wanted to have my engagement party on here on my real life wedding's eve so I rushed it, farmed ems daily like crazy (being unemployed helped though) :D
Also, keep in mind that once you reach a task where you need to buy stuff like furniture or clothing you don't need to hire the Planner anymore cause the tasks before that are unlocked so you can play/do/buy them without planner ;) Don't spend ems all the time for that. For more than 8 months I shopped and got myself all musicians or food tables without planner ;)

I think my own engagement party planning took around a year to finish. I wish I'd known that I could've finished tasks I already unlocked without paying more for a party planner.. :'( I had saved upwards of 4,000 emeralds but used all of the "cheap" (but we all know that the planning is super expensive anyways) options. Also, Waxi, I didn't know you were getting married irl. Congratulations! :D
Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

For this post the author Trinity Starling thanked: 2
Gaia (03 Mar 2019, 21:55) • Wax Storm (04 Mar 2019, 03:34)
Rating: 2.41%

Trinity Starling

Have thanks: 625 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Gaia » 03 Mar 2019, 22:01

Thank you Trinity and Waxi for the replies, it clarified a lot of things.

I’ll keep in mind to save emeralds for the unlocked tasks. My party planning will take a while to finish I think because I want to buy as many clothes/hairstyles they offer in one of the missions, plus saving up to 100 diamonds won’t be a fast task either.

Again, thank you for your time answering my question. Have a great day you two :)
Lady name: Gaia.
with a dot! Image

ID: 1663132

For this post the author Gaia was thanked by:
Wax Storm (04 Mar 2019, 03:34)

Gaia
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1079 times

Return to Ask a Question