Diary of a Fangirl

Diary of a Fangirl

Postby Carla@Ananya » 23 Sep 2020, 09:08

I finally decided to make my own diary in the forum, because... Why not? :P

So, hello. Carla here (Not my real name, as you guys must have figured out). And, just a fair warning, I'm terrible at introductions.

I'm 16 (Gen Z!), and can be hella sarcastic, but most of the time, I'm just super lazy. I'm an ambivert (tending towards introvertedness), and I look like a cinnamon roll, but can totally kill you, possibly with a variety of weapons ;) I'm an Indian, an atheist, and an asexual. I am proficient in 7 languages: English, Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, and Spanish (Self taught!)

I love to sing, and draw, and dance. Basically, an artistic soul! But, I'm observant, and a logical thinker, so scientific mind too. In school, my favorite subject is math! (I'm not joking :lol: ). Uh... I hope I'm not missing something out in my introduction :P

Oh, and did I mention, I LOVE reading books! I'm a huge fan of the following book series:
1. Percy Jackson (Includes Heroes of Olympus too) by Rick Riordan
2. Harry Potter by JK Rowling
3. The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
4. Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard by Rick Riordan
5. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
6. The Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth
8. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
9. Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
10. Adventures of Tintin by Herge
11. The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Also, I enjoy watching series too! I have already seen Supernatural, Sherlock Holmes, Doctor Who and I love them all! Currently watching ATLA, which is hilarious and I would totally recommend it to you all.

And, by seeing my profile icon, you must have guessed by now that I love the MCU too! (Gonna make another post dedicated specially for MCU :lol: )

Okay, enough Fangirling for today, meet ya later! *Yeets myself out of this thread*
You have to look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then will your true self reveal itself.
Whatever it takes...
Lady Carla, Club Magic
ID:6718382

For this post the author Carla@Ananya thanked: 5
Harshita (24 Sep 2020, 03:52) • Lady Alexandra (23 Sep 2020, 11:10) • ladyana (23 Sep 2020, 11:12) • mclil1 (23 Sep 2020, 09:43) • Quvenzhane Wallis (23 Sep 2020, 09:36)
Rating: 6.02%

Carla@Ananya
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 892 times
National Flag:
India

Re: Diary of a Fangirl

Postby Carla@Ananya » 24 Sep 2020, 01:16

I didn't think I would have to write again in such a short span of time, but there is something I wanna share with everyone.
Do you ever feel an emptiness in your heart after you finished your favourite book or series or movie? I'm dealing with the same thing right now. I just finished all three seasons of Avatar the Last Airbender. Allow me to introduce you to the greatest TV anime show of all time.

This show is just... I have absolutely no words for it. It is truly a masterpiece. I never thought cartoons could make you cry, but I stand corrected.

Aimed at an age group of 8+ ATLA can be watched and enjoyed by anyone. It is a family show, absolutely child friendly, and is basically a brilliantly written story. (It has an element of romance too, but it doesn't dominate the storyline)

In order to avoid spoilers, in case someone is still planning to watch it, I'm not going into full depth analysis of the whole series (believe me, I can do that). I'd just say, it's a rollercoaster of emotions, tending towards comedy, but did I mention it made me cry too? Every character has a backstory, no matter whether they're the antagonist or the protagonist. There's a redemption arc too, where the antagonist befriends the protagonists, which absolutely melts my heart everytime I think of it. Words of wisdom too lie hidden in the comic dialogues, giving it a deeper meaning than it actually seems. Actions of every character are realistic, with brilliant animations and action scenes. There are three seasons, and through the seasons, you begin to grow along with the characters, loving them for what they are, cherishing their victory as your own, crying when they feel the pain, and laughing as they make the silly and dorky jokes.

Thank you ATLA for the wonderful journey I had with you. I shall remember you forever.
Peace out!

PS. I just got too emotional when the series ended. Guess I'll just have to satiate myself with reading the comics.
You have to look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then will your true self reveal itself.
Whatever it takes...
Lady Carla, Club Magic

For this post the author Carla@Ananya thanked: 4
Harshita (24 Sep 2020, 03:52) • Lady Alexandra (24 Sep 2020, 11:19) • ladyana (24 Sep 2020, 04:59) • mclil1 (24 Sep 2020, 01:29)
Rating: 4.82%

Carla@Ananya
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
India

Postby Carla@Ananya » 26 Sep 2020, 00:13

So... MCU huh? How do you describe a whole Universe to somebody??? It's simple. You don't. :P
Since it is physically impossible for me to go on a rant, typing about everything in the MCU, I'm just going to focus on the Avengers.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes, aka the Avengers

Basically, it started as an idea to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more...
There were just six members in the original Avengers group: Tony Stark (Iron Man), Clint Barton (Hawkeye), Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow), Thor Odinson, Steve Rogers (Captain America), and Bruce Banner (Hulk).

Just giving a brief overview of each character.
Tony Stark: Billionaire, play boy, genius and a philanthropist. Built his first ever working suit (Mark I) in a FREAKIN' cave! As time passed by, the "play boy" part faded away, and he became a father figure for at least two different people (Morgan Stark, his biological daughter and Peter Parker, aka Spidey!). His parents were killed by Steve Roger's best friend, Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes, who was under the influence of Hydra (a villain organisation). At first, he seems a bit heartless (which is kinda true literally, since he has an arc reactor instead of a heart, caused due to an explosion) and sort of selfish, rude and awkward. But, there is a HUGE character development in him. He starts showing more human like emotions (especially after the movie "Infinity War"). He's always ready to sacrifice himself for the world, a total goody-good person at heart. A bit sarcastic and humorous, Tony provides some comic relief in quite a few movies. But it was heartbreaking to see him die in Avengers: Endgame, where he had a family, but yet sacrificed himself so that everyone else could live in a better world.

Steve Rogers: Super soldier and a man outta time. He was frozen in an Iceberg for 75 YEARS! (I know, big Aang energy). He was just a simple guy with a good heart, and had joined the army to fight against the Nazis. Now, Tony's father, Howard Stark, developed a super serum to enhance the strength of a person, and Steve was chosen as it's reciepent. Needless to say, he went into severe transformations, and became Captain America! He is super disciplined, usually calm and level-headed (The opposite of Tony). He HATES swearing, hence you'll see him saying "Language" every time someone swears. A good heart with a good sense of humor, he is the epitome of a leader you'll ever see. Oh, and did I mention, he was worthy enough to lift Mjolnir (The sacred Hammer of Thor which only those people can lift, who are deemed worthy by the Hammer)

Bruce Banner: Another genius, has 7 PhDs, and has serious anger issues. He was accidentally exposed to Gamma radiations during an experiment, but somehow, survived the incident. Since then, he has been able to summon the Hulk whenever he's angry. Hulk is basically nothing but "SMASH", so I'm going to proceed with Bruce Banner only. Banner was one of the main people who tried to extract an infinity stone (Explained later) from Loki's (Thor's brother) sceptre. He was the one who was indirectly responsible, along with Tony to create Ultron (another villain). During Avengers Endgame, we see that Bruce made peace with his inner Hulk, and now, he co-existed as both of them simultaneously. Which meant, he had his brains ad well as brawns at the same time. His character in itself isn't given as much focus as the above two, but in a nutshell, he is an intoverted and socially awkward guy, who has everyone's best interests at heart (when he's not the Hulk)

Thor Odinson: A literal God (Of Lightning) from Asgard, he dropped from the Heavens when his father, Odin, stripped him away from his powers and banished him to midgard (Earth). He had his famous hammer, Mjolnir, which was later broken by Hela (his sister, the Goddess of Death) He later helps in forging his Axe, the Stormbreaker. He has a brother, Loki (God of mischief) with whom he has a love-hate relationship. Thor trusts Loki, Loki betrays Thor, they go round and round in circles (Until when Loki becomes good). Thor didn't know the ways of Midgard, and literally broke a mug of beer to show his appreciation (which is a huge NO NO in Earth). He provides comic relief too, and is basically a cinnamon roll, a loving brother, and a great teammate, who was in a bumpy relationship with a lot of people, but smoothened it over time.

Clint Barton: The bow and arrow guy, with an eye as sharp and precise as a hawk. He was able to hide his own family from the OG Avengers for a long time (since he didn't wanted to bring them in harm's way). He is kind-hearted, a great father, a loving husband and at the same time, a deadly killer. He had lost his whole family when Thanos snapped his Infinity Gauntlet, and had gone on killer mode, when Natasha brought him back from that state. He had to endure huge losses like losing his family and losing Natasha ( Nat had traded her life for the soul stone, explained later). He is smart, encouraging and sarcastic, which makes him a very likeable character throughout the phases.

Natasha Romanoff: The only girl in the Original Avengers team, she was a master assasin, a Russian spy who later became a part of the Avengers initiative due to Clint Barton sparing her life in Budapest. She has a movie yet to be released, and more will be revealed about her. As of now, she had to sacrifice herself to obtain the soul stone (Clint and Nat had a fight for who would sacrifice themselves, and Nat defeated Clint and jumped off the cliff). She was sarcastic, funny, understanding, and was skilled in the art of fighting (unlike some of her teammates, who had unhumanly powers). A true icon of female power, we stan the queen.

And, that is the end of my first MCU post. I'll be doing one post especially for Spidey and Loki next :D (Because you must have guessed that they are my favorite characters ;) )
Whatever it takes...
Lady Carla, Club Magic

For this post the author Carla@Ananya thanked: 2
Lady Alexandra (26 Sep 2020, 01:16) • Quvenzhane Wallis (27 Sep 2020, 11:49)
Rating: 2.41%

Carla@Ananya
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
India

Postby Lady Alexandra » 26 Sep 2020, 01:17

intense flashback to wattpad phase
... man that was one dark time

MCU is the best! waiting for black widow to come out... screaming as a loki stan... man being a fangirl is hard work!

(BTW THE BEST CHARACTER IN MCU IS THIS GUY)

For this post the author Lady Alexandra was thanked by:
Carla@Ananya (26 Sep 2020, 01:24)
Rating: 1.2%

Lady Alexandra
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1932 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Carla@Ananya » 26 Sep 2020, 01:25

Lady Alexandra wrote:intense flashback to wattpad phase
... man that was one dark time

MCU is the best! waiting for black widow to come out... screaming as a loki stan... man being a fangirl is hard work!

(BTW THE BEST CHARACTER IN MCU IS THIS GUY)

Yes to Loki! And yes to Killmonger too! :D

PS. Yep, being a fan girl is a lot of hard work. :lol:
Whatever it takes...
Lady Carla, Club Magic
Carla@Ananya
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
India

Postby AndreeaG » 26 Sep 2020, 01:31

Carla@Ananya wrote:So... MCU huh? How do you describe a whole Universe to somebody??? It's simple. You don't. :P
Since it is physically impossible for me to go on a rant, typing about everything in the MCU, I'm just going to focus on the Avengers.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes, aka the Avengers

Basically, it started as an idea to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more...
There were just six members in the original Avengers group: Tony Stark (Iron Man), Clint Barton (Hawkeye), Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow), Thor Odinson, Steve Rogers (Captain America), and Bruce Banner (Hulk).

Just giving a brief overview of each character.
Tony Stark: Billionaire, play boy, genius and a philanthropist. Built his first ever working suit (Mark I) in a FREAKIN' cave! As time passed by, the "play boy" part faded away, and he became a father figure for at least two different people (Morgan Stark, his biological daughter and Peter Parker, aka Spidey!). His parents were killed by Steve Roger's best friend, Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes, who was under the influence of Hydra (a villain organisation). At first, he seems a bit heartless (which is kinda true literally, since he has an arc reactor instead of a heart, caused due to an explosion) and sort of selfish, rude and awkward. But, there is a HUGE character development in him. He starts showing more human like emotions (especially after the movie "Infinity War"). He's always ready to sacrifice himself for the world, a total goody-good person at heart. A bit sarcastic and humorous, Tony provides some comic relief in quite a few movies. But it was heartbreaking to see him die in Avengers: Endgame, where he had a family, but yet sacrificed himself so that everyone else could live in a better world.

Steve Rogers: Super soldier and a man outta time. He was frozen in an Iceberg for 75 YEARS! (I know, big Aang energy). He was just a simple guy with a good heart, and had joined the army to fight against the Nazis. Now, Tony's father, Howard Stark, developed a super serum to enhance the strength of a person, and Steve was chosen as it's reciepent. Needless to say, he went into severe transformations, and became Captain America! He is super disciplined, usually calm and level-headed (The opposite of Tony). He HATES swearing, hence you'll see him saying "Language" every time someone swears. A good heart with a good sense of humor, he is the epitome of a leader you'll ever see. Oh, and did I mention, he was worthy enough to lift Mjolnir (The sacred Hammer of Thor which only those people can lift, who are deemed worthy by the Hammer)

Bruce Banner: Another genius, has 7 PhDs, and has serious anger issues. He was accidentally exposed to Gamma radiations during an experiment, but somehow, survived the incident. Since then, he has been able to summon the Hulk whenever he's angry. Hulk is basically nothing but "SMASH", so I'm going to proceed with Bruce Banner only. Banner was one of the main people who tried to extract an infinity stone (Explained later) from Loki's (Thor's brother) sceptre. He was the one who was indirectly responsible, along with Tony to create Ultron (another villain). During Avengers Endgame, we see that Bruce made peace with his inner Hulk, and now, he co-existed as both of them simultaneously. Which meant, he had his brains ad well as brawns at the same time. His character in itself isn't given as much focus as the above two, but in a nutshell, he is an intoverted and socially awkward guy, who has everyone's best interests at heart (when he's not the Hulk)

Thor Odinson: A literal God (Of Lightning) from Asgard, he dropped from the Heavens when his father, Odin, stripped him away from his powers and banished him to midgard (Earth). He had his famous hammer, Mjolnir, which was later broken by Hela (his sister, the Goddess of Death) He later helps in forging his Axe, the Stormbreaker. He has a brother, Loki (God of mischief) with whom he has a love-hate relationship. Thor trusts Loki, Loki betrays Thor, they go round and round in circles (Until when Loki becomes good). Thor didn't know the ways of Midgard, and literally broke a mug of beer to show his appreciation (which is a huge NO NO in Earth). He provides comic relief too, and is basically a cinnamon roll, a loving brother, and a great teammate, who was in a bumpy relationship with a lot of people, but smoothened it over time.

Clint Barton: The bow and arrow guy, with an eye as sharp and precise as a hawk. He was able to hide his own family from the OG Avengers for a long time (since he didn't wanted to bring them in harm's way). He is kind-hearted, a great father, a loving husband and at the same time, a deadly killer. He had lost his whole family when Thanos snapped his Infinity Gauntlet, and had gone on killer mode, when Natasha brought him back from that state. He had to endure huge losses like losing his family and losing Natasha ( Nat had traded her life for the soul stone, explained later). He is smart, encouraging and sarcastic, which makes him a very likeable character throughout the phases.

Natasha Romanoff: The only girl in the Original Avengers team, she was a master assasin, a Russian spy who later became a part of the Avengers initiative due to Clint Barton sparing her life in Budapest. She has a movie yet to be released, and more will be revealed about her. As of now, she had to sacrifice herself to obtain the soul stone (Clint and Nat had a fight for who would sacrifice themselves, and Nat defeated Clint and jumped off the cliff). She was sarcastic, funny, understanding, and was skilled in the art of fighting (unlike some of her teammates, who had unhumanly powers). A true icon of female power, we stan the queen.

And, that is the end of my first MCU post. I'll be doing one post especially for Spidey and Loki next :D (Because you must have guessed that they are my favorite characters ;) )

Tony and natasha forever. Literally watched the whole past summer almost all mcu movies after I watched the endgame in cinema.. Oh the feels!

But Tony was not awkward! He is the best :cool:
e+e=2e

e=2.71828182846

Andr5.43656365692a

{id}5454201

& a maniacal mafia survivor :)

For this post the author AndreeaG was thanked by:
Carla@Ananya (26 Sep 2020, 01:36)

AndreeaG
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1750 times
National Flag:
Romania

Postby Carla@Ananya » 26 Sep 2020, 01:36

AndreeaG wrote:

Tony and natasha forever. Literally watched the whole past summer almost all mcu movies after I watched the endgame in cinema.. Oh the feels!

Tony is the best! But... if you remember, he gave Pepper a very awkward and weird gift... A huge bunny, with its arms dangling from... where they shouldn't be dangling :lol:
Whatever it takes...
Lady Carla, Club Magic

For this post the author Carla@Ananya was thanked by:
AndreeaG (26 Sep 2020, 01:38)

Carla@Ananya
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
India

Postby AndreeaG » 26 Sep 2020, 01:39

Carla@Ananya wrote:
AndreeaG wrote:

Tony is the best! But... if you remember, he gave Pepper a very awkward and weird gift... A huge bunny, with its arms dangling from... where they shouldn't be dangling :lol:

Bahahaa! I watched on repeat on YouTube. & pepper roast "u save yourself a world of pain"
e+e=2e

e=2.71828182846

Andr5.43656365692a

{id}5454201

& a maniacal mafia survivor :)

For this post the author AndreeaG was thanked by:
Carla@Ananya (26 Sep 2020, 01:39)

AndreeaG
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!