What's Your Sign?

Archive for old dress-up contests

Re: What's Your Sign?

Postby Trinity Starling » 31 Oct 2018, 00:01

Hello all! I hope you're having fun with this contest. In the interest of space and clarity, please refrain from adding any graphics other than ONE picture of your lady and your paragraph. No other elements are needed in your entry and they will not help your chances of becoming a finalist, as all will be evaluated by the same criteria, which are listed at the top of this topic. Please keep in mind that, in your paragraph, you must show how your outfit embodies your sign and try not to simply list what traits associated with your sign that you possess. Although this may be helpful, it is better to show how you can use the traits of your sign to impact others. I have included a sample entry as the third post in this topic for your reference. My apologies if these instructions were unclear. Please feel free to PM me should you have any further questions. Thank you all for your participation in this contest, and have fun with the contest. May the best ones win!
Last edited by Trinity Starling on 31 Oct 2018, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

Trinity Starling

Have thanks: 668 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Wax Storm » 31 Oct 2018, 00:02

Trinity Starling wrote:Hello all! I hope you're having fun with this contest. In the interest of space and clarity, please refrain from adding any graphics other than the picture of your lady and your paragraph. No other elements are needed in your entry and they will not help your chances of becoming a finalist, as all will be evaluated by the same criteria, which are listed at the top of this topic. Please keep in mind that, in your paragraph, you must show how your outfit embodies your sign. I have included a sample entry as the third post in this topic for your reference. Thank you all for your participation in this contest.

I'm not participating, I'm just having fun ;)
Wax Storm
id=116317
Wax Storm
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1187 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 31 Oct 2018, 00:15

Wax Storm wrote:
Trinity Starling wrote:Hello all! I hope you're having fun with this contest. In the interest of space and clarity, please refrain from adding any graphics other than the picture of your lady and your paragraph. No other elements are needed in your entry and they will not help your chances of becoming a finalist, as all will be evaluated by the same criteria, which are listed at the top of this topic. Please keep in mind that, in your paragraph, you must show how your outfit embodies your sign. I have included a sample entry as the third post in this topic for your reference. Thank you all for your participation in this contest.

I'm not participating, I'm just having fun ;)

Hi Waxy. That's fine; I hope you've enjoyed it. Your post certainly made me smile. Since you're not officially participating in this contest, your entry will not be evaluated. Thanks for letting me know :D

For this post the author Trinity Starling was thanked by:
Wax Storm (31 Oct 2018, 00:32)
Rating: 1.2%

Trinity Starling

National Flag:
United States

Postby tessaherondale » 31 Oct 2018, 02:48

Hi, I'm a Leo (fire element). Leos are known to always enjoy being in the center of attention, so I chose to wear a flashy and grand gown. Leos are also great leaders, due to their likeable nature. At best, they are confident, warm, and outgoing. I chose to represent their leadership qualities by wearing a regal headpiece, along with a gold collar. Rather than going for the typical colours of fire (red, orange, and yellow) to capture the commanding presence of a Leo, I went for gold. As mentioned above, Leos love attention, and I find that gold would best encapsulate their need to stand out and to be followed. One weakness is that Leos have fragile egos. They can easily be hurt, as Leos do not normally make enemies and they love to be loved. I chose to add the gold egg to represent how the weaknesses that plague Leos can be an obstacle, but that once they break out of their dominating and possessive tendencies, they can really shine through.
For me, being a Leo means to be loyal. The symbol that represents Leos is of a lion, one of the fiercest, yet loyal creatures out there. Despite the egoistic and arrogant traits that Leos have, Leos will always remember when you have been kind to them. This is a quality I admire the most in Leos.
Last edited by tessaherondale on 01 Nov 2018, 21:36, edited 4 times in total.

For this post the author tessaherondale thanked: 2
Hellanna (02 Nov 2018, 02:58) • Trinity Starling (02 Nov 2018, 15:22)
Rating: 2.41%

tessaherondale

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby tessaherondale » 31 Oct 2018, 02:50

Oops, not only do I think I've posted in the wrong spot, but I don't think my image is visible. Does anyone know how I can add my image properly?
tessaherondale

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby Trinity Starling » 31 Oct 2018, 03:22

Hi tessa,

I am not able to see your image, but if you want to enter into this contest, you've come to the right place! To make your image visible, simply click on the "insert image" button in the full text editor (which will appear once you edit your post). A window should appear after you click the button. Past the link from your image (the first URL from the photo in your Gallery) into the box and click "Done." Finally, you can check if the image actually shows up by clicking the "Preview" button at the bottom of the text editor. You can edit your post up until the deadline for this portion of the contest (11/3).

tessaherondale (31 Oct 2018, 04:02)

Trinity Starling

National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 01 Nov 2018, 16:05

Hello beautiful people! I The deadline for this first part of the contest has been changed to 11/3 due to the lack of entries. On that date, I will be posting the finalists and the second part of the contest will begin. I have changed my posts in this topic to reflect this fact. Apologies for any inconvenience that has been caused.

Trinity Starling

National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 03 Nov 2018, 16:26

The first part of the contest has now ended! The finalists are... [drumroll, please]
- ClaudiaM25
- Czarina
- frrumussica
- Hellanna
- tessaherondale
The participants whose names are listed above will advance to the next and final round of the contest: the Chinese Zodiac. Only entries from the finalists will be evaluated.

The Chinese Zodiac is based off of the ancient Chinese story of the Great Race. As the legend goes, the Jade Emperor -- more commonly known as Buddha -- held a race for the 12 principal animals of China -- rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig -- in order to decide the order in which the animals would be immortalized in the Zodiac. The order that the animals finished the race in became that in which the Chinese Zodiac is ordered. Each of the animals possessed special traits, which are carried on through the people born under a certain animal. This Zodiac is based off of the Chinese Lunar calendar. It is much like the Western Zodiac, but includes a selection of alternating years instead of birth month and day by which to find one's Zodiac animal. Since this Zodiac is based off of alternating years, if you don't want to say your birth year, just note which animal you are and that's okay. The end date of the contest is 11/9.

As with the first part of the contest, be sure to include one picture of your lady dressed up to embody your sign, as well as a paragraph describing how your lady's outfit fits your animal/sign and what it means to you (as this varies slightly based which horoscope system you're using).

As far as the dressing up goes, I know that this part of the contest could be harder since you're dressing to embody a real animal (minus the dragon). Try your best to dress creatively -- try to not just dress as the animal. Many of you were successful in doing this in the first round, and I am sure you can do it again. Perhaps take advantage of some of the other elements of your Zodiac sign, such as strengths and weaknesses, compatibility/mismatch with other signs, and yin/yang elements. As always, have fun and be creative!

ClaudiaM25 (04 Nov 2018, 12:34)

Trinity Starling

National Flag:
United States

Postby Hellanna » 04 Nov 2018, 04:52

I am a SNAKE!

Here are the character traits that I have in common with this sign.

I am a discreet person. I do not like to show my emotions. I only reveal myself to some very good friends.
I appreciate the calm and discretion offered by intimacy.
I represented these traits with a mask. :ph34r:

It is important for me to look after the well-being of my parents and friends.
Represented by the angel wing.
If a person hurts someone I love. I can become very mean. :evil:
Represented by the demonic wing.

I like to learn. I own a lot of reference books and encyclopedias.
I also have books of logic and puzzles. Complex problems stimulate me!
Represented by the book.

I am a night owl. I perform better in the evening than in the morning.
Represented by the owl on my shoulder.

I am a material girl ... Yessss, I assume! ;) I like beautiful objects and beautiful jewels. I like being elegant during my outings.
Represented by the gold earrings, gold ring and the Swarovski crystal necklace, and by my classic and tasteful outfit.

I like peaceful environments. I am not comfortable in noisy places.
Represented by the living room carpet because I love the tranquility of my home.

I love all animals except the monkeys!
Represented by the little bulldog that stretches, the little fenient!
And, there is no monkey on my pic! :D

My favorite colors (lucky charm of the snake): red and black.
Represented by my outfit!

My favorite flower (lucky charm of the snake): the orchid preferably red.
I hung it to my hair. In my jewelry, I have a necklace in the shape of an orchid. That's true! :)

There is no more intuitive than the natives of this sign, one writes. It is true that I made much of my intuition.
Here, represented by the 3rd eye.

I think I have sufficiently removed my mask. I put it back now! :P

Hugs and kisses
...Hellanna...
Club: Divas
ID: 2510392

For this post the author Hellanna thanked: 3
Czarina (04 Nov 2018, 17:50) • frrumussica (06 Nov 2018, 08:43) • womaninwhite (04 Nov 2018, 12:22)
Rating: 3.61%

Hellanna

Have thanks: 1253 times

Postby ClaudiaM25 » 04 Nov 2018, 12:08

Well...seems like I am an Earth Dragon!! :D

The Dragon is the fifth of all zodiac animals. According to one myth, the Jade Emperor said the order would be decided by the order in which they arrived to his party. Everyone expected the powerful Dragon to arrive early on. However, he came after Rat, Ox, Tiger and Rabbit. When asked why he was so late, Dragon said that on the way, he saw a village suffering from drought. He had to stop and create rain for them. The Jade Emperor was happy when he heard of this noble deed and gave him the fifth position.

Among Chinese zodiac animals, the Dragon is the sole imaginary animal. It's the most vital and powerful beast in the Chinese zodiac, although with an infamous reputation for being a hothead and possessing a sharp tongue :D yep, that's my lady, I mean, lokk at her, she's already with her mounth open! :)))

It is said that dragons surround themselves with supportive people and create loving families -> that's why I chose to represent my lady surronded by other dragons :D power up! :D

The dragon is sometimes regarded as aggressive, and angry dragons are not open to criticism .. well, who is?! - aware of this and it's work in progress by the way! :D This is why I chose a bit of an "aggresive" make up style.

The crown = the spikes the dragon from behind has on his head.

For this post the author ClaudiaM25 thanked: 5
Czarina (04 Nov 2018, 17:35) • frrumussica (06 Nov 2018, 08:41) • Hellanna (04 Nov 2018, 15:46) • Pietra moy (06 Nov 2018, 13:51) • womaninwhite (04 Nov 2018, 12:22)
Rating: 6.02%

ClaudiaM25
Community Contributor
Community Contributor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 3631 times
National Flag:
Romania

PreviousNext

Return to Contests Archive