What's Your Sign?

Archive for old dress-up contests

Re: What's Your Sign?

Postby frrumussica » 05 Nov 2018, 21:56

I'm a Rabbit, an Earth Rabbit more exactly.

Occupying the 4th position in the Chinese Zodiac (I'm the 3rd now in this competition, but well...), the Rabbit symbolizes such character traits as creativity (and that's why I have a magic book in my hand ;)), compassion, and sensitivity. Rabbits are friendly, outgoing and prefer the company of others (I couldn't come alone, so I took my rabbit, Snow, with me). They also prefer to avoid conflict. In confrontational situations, Rabbits approach calmly and with consideration for the other party. Rabbits believe strongly in friends and family and lacking such bonds can lead to emotional issues (I still don't have a fiance in game, so I dressed in a black dress because I don't like to be alone :().

Their serene nature keeps Rabbits from becoming visibly upset. Because they’re serene animals, Rabbits are easily taken advantage of. Their sensitive nature makes them shy away from aggressive or competitive situations. They’re overall conservative and not interested in taking risks. (I tryed to express this by dressing a cute dress and taking a stuffed rabbit in my hand.)

id: 4102460
Club: Purple Reigns

For this post the author frrumussica thanked: 2
Czarina (06 Nov 2018, 08:42) • Hellanna (06 Nov 2018, 06:33)
Rating: 2.41%

frrumussica

Have thanks: 577 times

Postby Czarina » 06 Nov 2018, 12:02

I'm a Water Goat

The Goat comes 8th in the Chinese zodiac.
According to Chinese astrology, each year is associated with an animal sign, occurring in a 12-year cycle. For example, 2015 was a year of the Goat.

Lucky colors: green, red, purple, brown
(You can see it in my clothing)
Goat are generally believed to be gentle, mild-mannered and calm.

(All these are the traits of a angel. That's why an angel wing)

They have very delicate thoughts, strong creativity, and love ti be comfortable.
(Its really true I'm a comfy person.)

Goats like to spend money on fashionable things that give them a first class appearance.
(Jewelry.. Ehh I don't spend my money on fashionable things but yeah on makeup items at least :P )

They are very social in nature but do not like to be the center of attraction.
(Phone in my hand. Yeah I'm too social and love to make friends)

Water Goat in terms of yin yang is a YIN.
(Yin represents darkness and night. So I had a dark solarium.)

Goats also love children, animals and nature.
(Pet and flowers. I don't like kids but ya I love to spend time with nature)

They’re also generous with their time.
(Time is really important for me at least.I represented it by the watch.)

Best Matches: Horse, Rabbit, Pig
(My pet.. I don't have a place for rabbits in my heart. I prefer dogs..)

These Goats are kind and responsible. They seem soft on the outside, but are actually quite strong. I believe I'm responsible, but I'm sure that I'm strong not just physically but both mentally and emotionally :)
Even though I don't believe in these stuff, but I have many things in common. Good to know that ;)

Lady name: Czarina
Lady ID: 4102498

Club: Mermaids

For this post the author Czarina was thanked by:
Hellanna (06 Nov 2018, 17:08)
Rating: 1.2%

Czarina

Have thanks: 245 times
National Flag:
India

Postby tessaherondale » 08 Nov 2018, 03:22

I am born in the year of the Tiger (3rd in the Chinese zodiac). Funny enough, Tiger traits are quite similar to Leos (which I also am). Quite simply, Tigers are described as being great and stately creatures. I dressed my lady to visually represent the imposing dignity that is innately a Tiger characteristic. They are competent leaders and are known to be a symbol of power, which I chose to represent through the gold jewelry pieces and the dignified gown. They are also brave, charming, intelligent, and virtuous. It is not hard to see why I dressed my Lady up as a queen, rather than a physical tiger. The characteristics that make up a Tiger strongly match what it means to be a queen in the traditional and modern sense. My lady is wearing two main colours: gold and black. If the gold was to represent the magnificence and regal charm of a Tiger, the black would represent the arrogance, unpredictability, and stubbornness that is within the Tiger.
To me, being a Tiger means to know your strengths and weaknesses. Tigers are terrifying creatures - this is the first thing that comes to mind. They are short tempered and irritable, but at the same time, they are loyal and courageous. The good and the bad within a Tiger co-exist in such a way, almost like the black stripes on the orange of a tiger - you can’t have one without the other. And as you can see, the lady wear the two colours proudly and with utter acceptance of her strengths and weaknesses.

For this post the author tessaherondale was thanked by:
Hellanna (08 Nov 2018, 04:19)

tessaherondale

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby Trinity Starling » 08 Nov 2018, 04:54

Hello again, everyone! I see that you've all submitted your entries before the end date of the contest. Now, I may present the winners!! It was quite hard picking who would win which prize, as you all had fabulous outfits and certainly all met the requirements. Well, I've now decided the winners...

First Place: Hellanna

Second Place: frrumussica

Third Place: ClaudiaM25

Congratulations! And thanks to everyone who participated in this contest, which is officially over.
Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

For this post the author Trinity Starling thanked: 4
ClaudiaM25 (09 Nov 2018, 08:30) • frrumussica (08 Nov 2018, 22:21) • Hellanna (08 Nov 2018, 22:12) • Red Queen (12 Nov 2018, 10:05)
Rating: 4.82%

Trinity Starling

Have thanks: 666 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby ClaudiaM25 » 09 Nov 2018, 08:32

Iiiii it's been a while since I won something !! <3 happy happy, joy joy :D

I want give up my reward though in favor of one of the other players (I am quite satisfied just with the title) - but can't see the pictures, so Trinity, you saw them, let me know who should receive the reward for the 3rd prize ;)

For this post the author ClaudiaM25 was thanked by:
Red Queen (12 Nov 2018, 10:05)

ClaudiaM25
Community Contributor
Community Contributor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 3631 times
National Flag:
Romania

Postby Trinity Starling » 09 Nov 2018, 09:33

Hi Claudia,

Your prize can go to tessaherondale. Thanks for having the generosity to forfeit your prize in favor of another participant :D

Thanks again to everyone who participated :)

Cheers!
Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

For this post the author Trinity Starling thanked: 2
ClaudiaM25 (09 Nov 2018, 12:13) • Red Queen (12 Nov 2018, 10:04)

Trinity Starling

Have thanks: 666 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby ClaudiaM25 » 09 Nov 2018, 10:21

Prizes added except for tessaherondale -> what is your ID?

Trinity you also were rewarded with 5 diamonds for succesfully organising this contest!!

Congrats everyone!

For this post the author ClaudiaM25 thanked: 2
Hellanna (09 Nov 2018, 13:01) • Red Queen (12 Nov 2018, 10:04)

ClaudiaM25
Community Contributor
Community Contributor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 3631 times
National Flag:
Romania

Previous

Return to Contests Archive