Rating: 1.2%

Czarina

Have thanks: 247 times
National Flag:
India

Re: Trinity Starling -- Diary of Randomness

Postby Trinity Starling » 16 Nov 2018, 16:44

Thank you Czarina!

I know it's super long; it took up a bit more than 7 pages on my document editor, but most short stories are about that length (in small print on smaller pages than I had). Anyways, I'm glad you like it. :D
Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

Trinity Starling
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1307 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Gaia » 18 Nov 2018, 03:09

Omg!!! Your story is AMAZING! Both beautiful and sad, and it teaches a great lesson. It was so well written, keep it up! :)
Lady name: Gaia.
ID: 1663132

For this post the author Gaia was thanked by:
Trinity Starling (27 Nov 2018, 05:56)

Gaia
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1124 times

Postby Trinity Starling » 18 Nov 2018, 05:34

Thank you, Gaia! I'm so glad you like it. I might be writing something else soon, when I have enough time. ;)

For this post the author Trinity Starling was thanked by:
Gaia (23 Nov 2018, 02:06)

Trinity Starling
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 18 Nov 2018, 20:01

Hello everyone! For this post, I thought I'd share some things about me. It's quite overdue, but I guess we'll start now! So... without further ado, here are 5 fun facts about me.

1. I'm Chinese American. Both my parents are from China and I was born in America

2. My favorite type of music is contemporary instrumental music. I especially like cinematic instrumental soundtracks and music by composers Phillip Glass and Max Richter.

3. My favorite foods are cheese, crackers, cheese crackers, and pie (any type, really!)

4. I am a proud member of the LGBTQ community. Congrats to my fellow internet peeps for being one of the only groups of people to know! Woo! Although I'm not too outspoken, I still believe that everyone, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, religion, etc. should be able to feel comfortable in their own bodies.

5. Some of my pastimes include writing, reading, and surfing the web.

And, there you have it -- 5 things about me! Next time, you may or may not be seeing another "special project!" Spoilers: it's another story lol.

Cheers!

For this post the author Trinity Starling thanked: 2
Angel IzWicked (01 Apr 2019, 14:12) • Gaia (23 Nov 2018, 02:07)
Rating: 2.41%

Trinity Starling
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 22 Nov 2018, 03:44

Hi everyone! So, as per my last post, you may know that I'm part of the LGBT community. More specifically, I'm lesbian. In America, we're still recovering from decades of anti-LGBT violence and ongoing actions against this community, but with enough time and effort, I think we'll be able to do so. One big factor in putting a stop to hate-fueled action, I think, is education. You probably know where this is going: y'all are gonna get schooled on how to be allies to the LGBT community or to support your own community if you are an LGBT youth. But first, some vocabulary.

- Asexual: not sexually attracted to anyone; can still be 'aesthetically" attracted to others and may still engage in romantic/physically intimate behaviors with partners
- Binary: male or female
- Bisexual: attracted to male and female gender (Note: there is often flexibility as to who bisexual people are attracted to, since gender identity is a spectrum)
- "Coming out of the closet": refers to the act of telling others one's sexual orientation or gender identity
- Gay/Lesbian: attracted to their own (male/female respectively) gender
- Homophobia/Transphobia: the category of speech or actions that do not respect gay/transgender people, respectively
- LGBTQ+: an acronym for "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender" that is often shortened to just the first four letters, though there are many more that are hanging off the end
- Non-Binary: outside of "binary" genders
- Pansexual: attracted to people regardless of gender (sometimes referred to as "gender-blind")
- Pride: a movement to support equal rights and recognition for the LGBT community
- Queer: an umbrella term used to refer to LGBT people; in the past, it was used as a homophobic slur, but the LGBTQ+ community has re-appropriated it to mean the first definition
- Rainbow/Pride flag: a flag with multicolored stripes on it, symbolizing the "rainbow" of human sexuality/gender identity; some versions also include black and brown stripes to recognize colored LGBT people or gray and white stripes to include allies
- Transgender: someone who feels like their gender is something other than the one they were given at birth

TIPS:
1. Always ask people their preferred pronouns (he/him or she/her for binary folks, non-binary pronouns depend on the person you're referring to)

2. NEVER tell others someone's sexual orientation or gender identity without their permission

3. Learn to use language that is inclusive. Ask LGBTQ+ people what terms you can or cannot use

4. Learn to identify homophobic language and actions and don't be a bystander; in the internet age, it's more easy than ever to spread homophobia via extremist hate, etc. so be aware!

These are just some of my most basic tips for how to respect your fellow human beings! The above are completely my opinion. I know it might still be a controversial, hotly debated issue to be in or associate with the LGBT community, but, with enough progressive action, we can stand strong in the face of hatred.

EDIT 6/12/19: I identify as lesbian. In the first version of this post, I stated I am bisexual. This has been further clarified in a separate post. The glossary has also been updated.
Last edited by Trinity Starling on 13 Jun 2019, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

For this post the author Trinity Starling thanked: 3
Angel IzWicked (01 Apr 2019, 14:13) • Gaia (23 Nov 2018, 02:12) • Red Queen (28 Nov 2018, 12:52)
Rating: 3.61%

Trinity Starling
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
United States

Postby Czarina » 22 Nov 2018, 17:29

It's really a very brave move done by you Trinity coz people (in India especially) consider such communities as bad and prohibit them almost everywhere, which is actually not good at all. People like you prove others wrong and show them your courage... Proud of you :)

Lady name: Czarina
Lady ID: 4102498

Club: Mermaids

For this post the author Czarina thanked: 3
Angel IzWicked (01 Apr 2019, 14:14) • Gaia (23 Nov 2018, 02:11) • Trinity Starling (27 Nov 2018, 05:56)
Rating: 3.61%

Czarina

Have thanks: 247 times
National Flag:
India

Postby Trinity Starling » 22 Nov 2018, 17:34

Thank you, Czarina. That means a lot :D I know there's still a long way to go in terms of building a society where everyone feels welcome, even in America.

Trinity Starling
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 22 Nov 2018, 17:41

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I wish you all a day of gratitude and joy.

*Credit image to EGuide Magazine

For this post the author Trinity Starling was thanked by:
Gaia (23 Nov 2018, 02:11)

Trinity Starling
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 27 Nov 2018, 04:11

Hello all! Remember that story I hinted that I was working on a few posts ago? It's almost HERE!! Thanks to all your positive responses to my last story, I've decided to write another one, which is going to be slightly shorter and will go along with this week's "theme": building acceptance for the LGBTQ community. It should be ready soon. In the mean time, I'll be posting on more new stuff soon.

For this post the author Trinity Starling thanked: 2
ClaudiaM25 (28 Nov 2018, 12:30) • Czarina (27 Nov 2018, 12:28)
Rating: 2.41%

Trinity Starling
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
United States

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Diaries