Challenge 1: The stolen diaries!

Challenge 1: The stolen diaries!

Postby ClaudiaM25 » 22 Mar 2018, 09:12

Tristan's sister Angela and her four friends love to share their most recent diary entries with each other at sleepovers. This last sleepover, Tristan was able to snag each of the girls' diaries after they fell asleep. He flipped through them and found that each girl had a different crush, a different favorite shade of nail polish, and a different preference in ice cream flavors - and each of them had a big, juicy secret!

See if you can figure out what he learned about each of his sister's friends - and his sister.
Give arguments and keep you diary active in order to be eligible for the prize.

The Choices
Girls: Angela, Mandy, Savannah, Alyssa, and Lily
Crushes: Josh, Noah, Luke, Ben, and Sam
Nail Polish Shades: Lavender, Lime, Banana, Sky, and Crimson
Ice Cream Flavors: Rocky Road, Rainbow Sherbet, Cookie Dough, Reese's Peanut Butter, and Raspberry Cheesecake
Juicy Secrets: Still sleeps with a blankie, Loves lima beans, Hates Justin Bieber, Is really into cars, and Wants to be a lunch lady

The Clues
Tristan read five different entries for January 7th. One said, "Noah said, 'Nice hair, Savannah,' and I felt special." Another said, "My nails are purple again, just like I like them." A third said, "I wish Luke would look at me." The fourth said, "I lost my beloved blankie this morning." The last said, "I'm dying for some more of that rainbow sherbet."

"January 8th. Dear Diary, I accidentally chipped one of my perfect, lime-green nails today while doing my daily private anti-Justin Bieber ritual."

"January 9th. Dear Diary, Josh caught me examining his awesome antique Chevrolet after school today. I guess I was kind of hoping he would."

"January 10th. Dear Diary, Angela was writing a love note today. I tried glancing over her shoulder, but all I caught was the second letter of its recipient's name, which looked like either a U or an A, and something about being a lunch lady before she yanked it away."

"January 11th. Dear Diary, I hope Sam likes the color red...I also hope he doesn't mind girls who still sleep with blankies..."

"January 12th. Dear Diary, I think it's funny that both me and Savannah like nail polishes that are named after fruits. Love, Alyssa."

"January 13th. Dear Diary, I saw Sam eating Reese's Peanut Butter ice cream yesterday. Could this be a sign that we're meant to be? Love, Mandy."

"January 14th. Dear Diary, I just noticed that the name of my favorite shade of nail polish has something majorly in common with my name, and Alyssa's favorite shade starts with the same letter as her crush's name."

"January 15th. Dear Diary, The girls were over at my house last night, and someone flicked cookie dough ice cream at me. It couldn't have been Angela, who will only eat raspberry cheesecake ice cream, and Savannah was in the bathroom..."

The end is in sight, so take a good look
The last egg is hidden in someone's favorite book

:attention: Participation criteria:

Only ladies with an active diary can participate (active meaning having at least a post in the last week)
Post the answer here, together with the arguments(reasons for your pick).

Reward : 30 emmeralds and 3000 $.
End date : 28.03.2018

For this post the author ClaudiaM25 thanked: 2
Red Queen (22 Mar 2018, 09:13) • Roney Chanu (22 Mar 2018, 09:35)
Rating: 2.41%

ClaudiaM25
The One and Only
The One and Only
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 4715 times
National Flag:
Romania

Re: Challenge 1: The stolen diaries!

Postby Emirillia » 22 Mar 2018, 10:35

Savannah - Noah, Lime, rocky road, anti Justin Bieber (she felt special when Noah said “nice hair savannah”, she has nail polish named after fruit and banana was already used. It was between rocky road and cookie dough, she was in bathroom when cookie dough was thrown. The person with lime nails does the anti Justin Bieber ritual)

Angela - Luke, sky, Raspberry cheesecake, wants to be lunch lady (the U and A clue I already had Sam and Noah down. The nail polish was the only one left. Someone wrote she wrote something about being a lunch lady. Angela only eats raspberry cheesecake ice cream).

Mandy - Sam, crimson, Reese’s , sleeps w/blankie (Says she thinks Sam and her are meant to be together because of the ice cream he was eating, another entry said “I hope Sam likes red and doesn’t mind a girl who sleeps w/ blankies).

Alyssa - Ben, banana, sherbet, loves Lima beans (Alyssa writes her and savannah like nail polish named after fruits. Also her favourite shade is the same as the guys she has a crush on. Once I figured the rest of the first entries read the sherbet ice cream was left. Lima beans was the only secret left)

Lily - Josh, lavender, cookie dough, into cars (Josh was last man left, nail polish had something similar to her name, lavender and lily are flowers. Cookie dough was the last ice cream left. Into cars because she was staring at and knew what kind joshs car was)
Lady: Emirillia
ID: 4462821

For this post the author Emirillia thanked: 2
Annabelle Coco (22 Mar 2018, 12:46) • Roney Chanu (22 Mar 2018, 13:18)
Rating: 2.41%

Emirillia
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 649 times
National Flag:
Australia

Postby Annabelle Coco » 22 Mar 2018, 12:45

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ClaudiaM25 wrote:Tristan read five different entries for January 7th.
1) One said, "Noah said, 'Nice hair, Savannah,' and I felt special."
2) Another said, "My nails are purple again, just like I like them."
3) A third said, "I wish Luke would look at me."
4) The fourth said, "I lost my beloved blankie this morning."
5) The last said, "I'm dying for some more of that rainbow sherbet."

What we learn with each of these entries, since each one belongs to a different girl they are exclusive:

Info type: Name and Crush.
1) We learn that Savannah likes Noah. Matched. No one else in this Jan 7th set can be Savannah or like Noah.
> That person does not like lavender nails. > No blankie. > does not like Rainbow sherbet.

Info type: Nails.
2) Someone likes purple aka lavender nails. No one else in this set can like lavender nails.
> That person does not like Noah and is not Savannah. > That person does not like Luke. > No blankie. > does not like Rainbow sherbet.

Info type: Crush.
3) Someone likes Luke. No one else in this set can like Luke.
> She is not Savannah, does not like Noah and > does not like Lavender nails. > No blankie. > does not like Rainbow sherbet.

Info type: Secret.
4) Someone likes blankies. No one else in this set can like blankies.
> She is not Savannah, does not like Noah > nor Luke > nor Lavender nails. > does not like Rainbow sherbet.

Info type: Ice cream.
5) Someone likes Rainbow sherbet. No one else in this set can like Rainbow Sherbet.
> She is not Savannah, does not like Noah > nor Luke > nor Lavender nails > nor blankies.

Now we have something like this:

1)
Name: SAVANNAH ANGELA MANDY LILY ALYSSA
Crush: NOAH
Nails: Not Lavender.
Secret: Not blankie.
Ice Cream: Not Rainbow Sherbet.

2)
Name: SAVANNAH
Crush: Not Luke. Not Noah.
Nails: LAVENDER.

3)
Crush: LUKE.

4)
Secret: BLANKIE.

5)
Ice Cream: RAINBOW SHERBET.

STEP TWO:

ClaudiaM25 wrote:"January 8th. Dear Diary, I accidentally chipped one of my perfect, lime-green nails today while doing my daily private anti-Justin Bieber ritual."

MATCH:
LIME NAILS = SECRET JUSTIN BIEBER.
That means this is not girl #2) who liked Lavender and therefore has a different secret.

2)
Ice Cream: Not Rainbow Sherbet. Not Justin Bieber.

ClaudiaM25 wrote: "January 9th. Dear Diary, Josh caught me examining his awesome antique Chevrolet after school today. I guess I was kind of hoping he would."

MATCH:
CRUSH JOSH = SECRET LIKES CARS.
That means the two who like Noah and Luke do not like cars.

1)
Name: SAVANNAH ANGELA MANDY LILY ALYSSA
Secret: Not blankies. Not cars.

3)
Secret: Not blankie. Not cars.

ClaudiaM25 wrote: "January 10th. Dear Diary, Angela was writing a love note today. I tried glancing over her shoulder, but all I caught was the second letter of its recipient's name, which looked like either a U or an A, and something about being a lunch lady before she yanked it away."

ANGELA - Crush can only be Josh, Noah, Luke, Ben, and Sam.
.... ANGELA = SAM OR LUKE. + LUNCH LADY

ClaudiaM25 wrote: "January 11th. Dear Diary, I hope Sam likes the color red...I also hope he doesn't mind girls who still sleep with blankies..."

MATCH
CRUSH SAM = RED NAILS = BLANKIES.
We know 4) liked blankies so we update.

4)
Crush: Not Luke. Not Noah. SAM
Nails: Not Lavender. CRIMSON

ClaudiaM25 wrote: "January 12th. Dear Diary, I think it's funny that both me and Savannah like nail polishes that are named after fruits. Love, Alyssa."

ALYSSA = FRUIT NAILS (Banana or Bieber Lime)
SAVANNAH = FRUIT NAILS (Banana or Bieber Lime)

ClaudiaM25 wrote: "January 13th. Dear Diary, I saw Sam eating Reese's Peanut Butter ice cream yesterday. Could this be a sign that we're meant to be? Love, Mandy."

SAM CRUSH = REESE ICE CREAM = MANDY. That means Mandy's crush is Sam. Leaving Angela with Luke.
>>>> We can complete Mandy's profile.
4)
Name: MANDY
Crush: SAM
Nails: CRIMSON
Ice Cream: REESE PB

3)
Name: ANGELA
Nails: Not Lavender. Not Crimson. Not a fruit. Therefore all that is left is SKY.
Secret: LUNCH LADY
Ice Cream: Not Rainbow Sherbet. Not Reese PB.

ClaudiaM25 wrote: "January 14th. Dear Diary, I just noticed that the name of my favorite shade of nail polish has something majorly in common with my name, and Alyssa's favorite shade starts with the same letter as her crush's name."

ALYSSA NAIL = CRUSH CLUE. Alyssa said her and Savannah's polish were named after fruits. Lime and Banana - Banana as in Ben or Luke as in Lime. Luke is taken already so it must be BEN.
Therefore Alyssa = banana = ben AND Savannah = Lime = Bieber.

1)
Nails: LIME
Secret: BIEBER
Ice Cream: Not Rainbow Sherbet. Not Reese PB.

Alyssa cannot be 1) nor 3) nor 4) nor 2) because of Lavender so she must be 5).

5)
Name: ALYSSA
Crush: BEN
Nails: BANANA

ClaudiaM25 wrote: "January 15th. Dear Diary, The girls were over at my house last night, and someone flicked cookie dough ice cream at me. It couldn't have been Angela, who will only eat raspberry cheesecake ice cream, and Savannah was in the bathroom..."

ANGELA = RASPBERRY
SAVANNAH = BATHROOM = Did not flick = Her bowl was left unattended.

Summary:

1)
Nails: LIME
Secret: BIEBER
Ice Cream: ?

2)
Name: LILY (the only name left + fits nail polish lily lavender)
Crush: JOSH (the only one left. This also gives her secret)
Secret: CARS
Ice Cream: ?

3)
Name: ANGELA
Nails: SKY.
Secret: LUNCH LADY
Ice Cream: RASPBERRY.

4)
Name: MANDY
Crush: SAM
Nails: CRIMSON
Ice Cream: REESE PB

5)
Name: ALYSSA
Crush: BEN
Nails: BANANA
Secret: LIMA BEANS (The only one left)

The tough one is the ice cream between Lily and Savannah.

Alyssa was in the room with Angela, Mandy and Lily. Someone flicked cookie dough on her. She thinks it wasn’t Angela, who likes Raspberry Cheesecake. We know Mandy likes Reese PB. It can only be Lily or Savannah who like Cookie Dough. Since Savannah has an alibi, we would think "oh so Lily did it and she likes cookie dough because she's the last one remaining" right? No, that’s too easy, I think it's a trap.
Since Alyssa seemed surprised that it wasn’t Savannah (“she was in the bathroom” as if to imply that it would be in fact her favourite flavour), I think someone spooned Cookie dough out of Savannah’s bowl while she was out of the room. I don’t think it was Lily since she seems close to Alyssa and wouldn’t throw ice cream at her, plus Rocky road suits her better with the love of cars. Either Mandy or Angela threw it, and we know neither of those two were eating that flavour so that confirms someone took a spoon from Savannah’s bowl and flicked it.

On January 7th there is one entry per girl. We are able to match 1) to Savannah right away. 2) to Lily later on. 3) to Angela later on thanks to Savannah's diary because the crush was either Luke or Sam but Sam turned out to be Mandy's because of the ice cream ref. 4) to Mandy who likes Sam and red and hopes he doesn't mind the blankie. 5) by elimination process the last entry must belong Alyssa.

After that point, we have access to TWO diary entries per person except for Angela.

ClaudiaM25 wrote:SAVANNAH
"January 8th. Dear Diary, I accidentally chipped one of my perfect, lime-green nails today while doing my daily private anti-Justin Bieber ritual."

LILY
"January 9th. Dear Diary, Josh caught me examining his awesome antique Chevrolet after school today. I guess I was kind of hoping he would."

SAVANNAH
"January 10th. Dear Diary, Angela was writing a love note today. I tried glancing over her shoulder, but all I caught was the second letter of its recipient's name, which looked like either a U or an A, and something about being a lunch lady before she yanked it away."

MANDY
"January 11th. Dear Diary, I hope Sam likes the color red...I also hope he doesn't mind girls who still sleep with blankies..."

ALYSSA
"January 12th. Dear Diary, I think it's funny that both me and Savannah like nail polishes that are named after fruits. Love, Alyssa."

MANDY
"January 13th. Dear Diary, I saw Sam eating Reese's Peanut Butter ice cream yesterday. Could this be a sign that we're meant to be? Love, Mandy."

LILY
"January 14th. Dear Diary, I just noticed that the name of my favorite shade of nail polish has something majorly in common with my name, and Alyssa's favorite shade starts with the same letter as her crush's name."

ALYSSA
"January 15th. Dear Diary, The girls were over at my house last night, and someone flicked cookie dough ice cream at me. It couldn't have been Angela, who will only eat raspberry cheesecake ice cream, and Savannah was in the bathroom..."

THE ANSWERS

Angela
- Crush: Luke.
- Secret: Wants to be a lunch lady.
- Ice Cream: Raspberry Cheesecake.
- Nails: Sky

Angela wrote:
- “I wish Luke would look at me."

Other clues:
-“…It couldn't have been Angela, who will only eat raspberry cheesecake ice cream…”
- “Angela was writing a love note …. U or an A."
Angela and Sky nail color also have something in common (angels, sky).

Mandy
- Secret: Blankie.
- Crush: Sam.
- Nails: Crimson.
- Ice Cream: Reese PB.

Mandy wrote:
- “I lost my beloved blankie this morning."
- “January 11th. Dear Diary, I hope Sam likes the color red...I also hope he doesn't mind girls who still sleep with blankies..."
- “January 13th. Dear Diary, I saw Sam eating Reese's Peanut Butter ice cream yesterday. Could this be a sign that we're meant to be? Love, Mandy."

Savannah
- Crush: Noah.
- Nails: Lime.
- Secret: Hates Justin Bieber
- Ice cream: Cookie Dough

Savannah wrote:
- “Noah said, 'Nice hair, Savannah”
- “January 8th. Dear Diary, I accidentally chipped one of my perfect, lime-green nails today while doing my daily private anti-Justin Bieber ritual."
-“January 10th. Dear Diary, Angela was writing a love note today. I tried glancing over her shoulder, but all I caught was the second letter of its recipient's name, which looked like either a U or an A, and something about being a lunch lady before she yanked it away."

Other clues:
- “/ Savannah was in the bathroom..."

Lily
- Nails: Lavender.
- Secret: Is really into cars.
- Ice cream: Rocky Road
- Crush: Josh.

Lily wrote:
-“My nails are purple again, just like I like them."
- "January 9th. Dear Diary, Josh caught me examining his awesome antique Chevrolet after school today. I guess I was kind of hoping he would."
-“January 14th. Dear Diary, I just noticed that the name of my favorite shade of nail polish has something majorly in common with my name, and Alyssa's favorite shade starts with the same letter as her crush's name."

Alyssa
- Nails: Banana.
- Crush: Ben.
- Secret: Loves lima beans.
- Ice cream: Rainbow sherbet.

Alyssa wrote:
- “I’m dying for some more of that rainbow sherbet."
- “January 12th. Dear Diary, I think it's funny that both me and Savannah like nail polishes that are named after fruits. Love, Alyssa."
- “January 15th. Dear Diary, The girls were over at my house last night, and someone flicked cookie dough ice cream at me. It couldn't have been Angela, who will only eat raspberry cheesecake ice cream, and Savannah was in the bathroom..."

Other Clues:
- “and Alyssa's favorite shade starts with the same letter as her crush's name."
Last edited by Annabelle Coco on 22 Mar 2018, 14:17, edited 9 times in total.

Lady: Annabelle Coco

ID — 2296579

Club: Divas..

For this post the author Annabelle Coco was thanked by:
Roney Chanu (22 Mar 2018, 13:18)
Rating: 1.2%

Annabelle Coco
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 2551 times

Postby Roney Chanu » 22 Mar 2018, 13:15

Mandy- Sam, Crimson, Blankie, Peanut butter
I lost my beloved blankie this morning.
I hope Sam likes the color red...I also hope he doesn't mind girls who still sleep with blankies..."
I saw Sam eating Reese's Peanut Butter ice cream yesterday. Could this be a sign that we're meant to be? Love, Mandy."

Angela- Luke, Sky, lunch lady, Raspberry cheesecake
I wish Luke would look at me."
It couldn't have been Angela, who will only eat raspberry cheesecake ice cream
Angela was writing a love note.. second letter U or an A.
Sky was the only color remaining

Savannah- Noah, Lime green, hates Justin Bieber, Rocky Road
Noah said, 'Nice hair, Savannah"
Dear Diary, I accidentally chipped one of my perfect, lime-green nails today while doing my daily private anti-Justin Bieber ritual
I think it's funny that both me and Savannah like nail polishes that are named after fruits. Love, Alyssa
and Savannah was in the bathroom.

Lily- Josh, Lavender, Into cars, Cookie dough
My nails are purple again, just like I like them."
Dear Diary, Josh caught me examining his awesome antique Chevrolet after school today. I guess I was kind of hoping he would.
Dear Diary, I just noticed that the name of my favorite shade of nail polish has something majorly in common with my name, and Alyssa's favorite shade starts with the same letter as her crush's name.
Cookie dough the last one remaining

Alyssa- Banana, Ben, love lima beans, Rainbow sherbet
I’m dying for some more of that rainbow sherbet
I think it's funny that both me and Savannah like nail polishes that are named after fruits. Love, Alyssa
Alyssa's favorite shade starts with the same letter as her crush's name
Lima beans last one remaining
Lady name- Chu

id= 4260496

For this post the author Roney Chanu was thanked by:
Annabelle Coco (22 Mar 2018, 14:01)

Roney Chanu
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1268 times
National Flag:
India

Postby ClaudiaM25 » 30 Mar 2018, 10:24

Contest closed!

Winner is Anna for her well documented explanations! :)

Congrats!

Prize added

For this post the author ClaudiaM25 was thanked by:
Annabelle Coco (30 Mar 2018, 18:43)

ClaudiaM25
The One and Only
The One and Only
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 4715 times
National Flag: