Trinity Starling -- Diary of Randomness

Re: Trinity Starling -- Diary of Randomness

Postby blithesome » 24 Jul 2019, 23:44

Trinity Starling wrote:Tips for Slots Events:

- Each spin on the slots machine replenishes every 20 minutes and costs 1 emerald, so be sure to use up all of your spins for emeralds before they do. This way, you'll be able to maximize the number of spins per day you have. This kind of event lasts approximately 7 days. In addition, additional spins that you can use anytime (after using all the ones for emeralds) cost 2 diamonds.
- Each item in the first box costs 15 coins, each item in the second box costs 30 coins, and each item in the third box costs 45 coins. Every box has 61 items. Thus, if you want to get all the items in a box (for the final prize), you'd have to spend 915 coins for the first box, 1830 coins for the second box, and 2700 coins for the third box. Plan accordingly! I recommend that you save up your coins and wait until the last spin you have to exchange them for items. That way you'll know which box you can "finish". I've been able to get all the items from the first box before without spending diamonds, with some leftover coins for the other boxes.
- All but one item (usually a hairstyle or special makeup) from each box comes in 6 different colors and usually whole outfits have items in each of the three boxes. If you want to complete an outfit, it's best to divide the number of coins you have between all the boxes. Some websites dedicated to Lady Popular have pictures of all the outfits from certain events, so you can have some foresight when it comes to playing this kind of event.

If you like these tutorials, be sure to leave some thanks so I'll know to make more! :D

this was soooo helpful for the last slots event we had, thanks so much trinity starling!!
with love,

id 5642130

For this post the author blithesome was thanked by:
Trinity Starling (25 Jul 2019, 04:36)
Rating: 1.2%

blithesome

Have thanks: 66 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 25 Jul 2019, 04:37

blithesome wrote:
Trinity Starling wrote:Tips for Slots Events:

- Each spin on the slots machine replenishes every 20 minutes and costs 1 emerald, so be sure to use up all of your spins for emeralds before they do. This way, you'll be able to maximize the number of spins per day you have. This kind of event lasts approximately 7 days. In addition, additional spins that you can use anytime (after using all the ones for emeralds) cost 2 diamonds.
- Each item in the first box costs 15 coins, each item in the second box costs 30 coins, and each item in the third box costs 45 coins. Every box has 61 items. Thus, if you want to get all the items in a box (for the final prize), you'd have to spend 915 coins for the first box, 1830 coins for the second box, and 2700 coins for the third box. Plan accordingly! I recommend that you save up your coins and wait until the last spin you have to exchange them for items. That way you'll know which box you can "finish". I've been able to get all the items from the first box before without spending diamonds, with some leftover coins for the other boxes.
- All but one item (usually a hairstyle or special makeup) from each box comes in 6 different colors and usually whole outfits have items in each of the three boxes. If you want to complete an outfit, it's best to divide the number of coins you have between all the boxes. Some websites dedicated to Lady Popular have pictures of all the outfits from certain events, so you can have some foresight when it comes to playing this kind of event.

If you like these tutorials, be sure to leave some thanks so I'll know to make more! :D

this was soooo helpful for the last slots event we had, thanks so much trinity starling!!

No problem, blithesome! I'll be sure to make some more when new events pop up (and when I've got more time)! Thanks for your encouragement.
Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

Trinity Starling

Have thanks: 664 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 11 Aug 2019, 04:48

I'm back...

Hello everyone! I've just returned from a family vacation to Italy and Switzerland. You can see all the photos (and videos!) I took on my Instagram (shameless self promotion :) ) @trinitystarling_

For now, though, I'll be posting some of my thoughts of the trip I took

SIGHTSEEING
For the first week, my mom and I saw famous historical monuments all around Italy -- most notably, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Colosseum, and the Pantheon. It was a greatly enriching experience to see all of Italy's rich historical prevalence, especially so much of it close to where we stayed.

For the second week, my mom, dad (who was in Italy for business) and I saw the sights of Switzerland -- esp. the expansive mountain ranges and landscapes. Seeing all of the greenery and beautiful lakes was so different from what I usually see in America!

TRANSPORT
We traveled throughout both Italy and Switzerland mostly by train. I considered most of the train rides to be quite tedious, as I am most used to traveling relatively short distances by car. We also traveled on foot, especially in Italy, as it was difficult at first to use public transportation in a foreign country. Luckily, we were able to get a handle on it!

LANGUAGE
Linguistic differences were, both fortunately and unexpectedly, some of the less intimidating differences I'd experienced while in Italy and Switzerland. In both countries, English is used in business and can be found secondarily on most railway transport systems, in restaurants and stores, and is spoken by many in the hospitality sector -- which are of large importance to travelers like me.

RACISM
Unfortunately, this is a less positive side of the story. The incidents of racism I experienced came in the form of microaggressions, which are relatively small individual, uncomfortable situations that add up over time. For example, my mom and I were walking by a restaurant in Italy and the greeter there said "hello" in Chinese and a server said "thank you" at the end of our time there. I consider this specific incident to be a microaggression because it implies that neither the greeter nor the server assumed we spoke English or Italian. This, I believe, further implies that we are foreigners to both Italy (which we are) and primarily English-speaking countries (which we aren't).

I've been living in a "bubble" of sorts where, in my community, I have never experienced nor feared ever experiencing racism. That's why it was particularly shocking to see that, in the span of two weeks, I'd experienced so many microaggressions.

Overall, my trip was great because of how I was immersed in a culture different from my own and it was just a nice change of scenery (literally!)

For this post the author Trinity Starling was thanked by:
Angel IzWicked (11 Aug 2019, 16:25)
Rating: 1.2%

Trinity Starling

National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 16 Aug 2019, 20:03

Tips for Gift Events

- Save any energy packages you get until the event begins. If you're like me, you don't tend to challenge ladies in the arena much unless you need some money/experience quickly; thus, it's best to conserve your energy so you can get some gifts!
- Get as many large gifts as you can before the reduced price offer (which lasts 7 days from the start of the event) goes away. Use any leftover objects to buy small or medium gifts. It's best to spend all your objects while the reduced-price offer is still running -- you'll get a better deal
- Again, purchase as many large gifts as possible as quickly as possible. This will increase your chances of getting special items. After you run out of objects, purchase medium gifts, and then small ones.
- In my opinion, you should not spend diamonds on gifts or the option of opening any gifts early. It's much too expensive (at least for me!) and there's a chance you might not get any special items even after spending diamonds. It's better to spend your diamonds on something you know you'll get a return for, like a collection
- Play fashion duels with supermodels as much as possible. If you win, you'll get 3-5 objects while only spending 2 energy. A much better return, if you ask me. Be sure that you can beat the supermodel so you don't end up wasting time and energy. For instance, I can usually only beat supermodels who are level 2 and lower, so I would only play 3 duels with them per 12 hours. I'd spend the rest of my energy playing duels in the arena
- Play duels with weaker opponents. This will ensure that you will at least have a higher probability of winning. Also, on the mobile app, you get to see (in color) how your stats compare to those of other ladies, which may be helpful in dueling. You can also skip the duel itself to see whether or not you won -- a helpful feature, if you ask me

That's all I got for gift events! If you like these tutorials, make sure to leave thanks and I'll make more!

Trinity Starling

National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 16 Aug 2019, 23:12

Tips for Maps Events:

- You have one free click per hour. Be sure to use them, as they don't stack up! You'll need objects in order to click on the map more than once per hour; these objects can be bought using diamonds: one for one diamond, 10 for eight diamonds, 20 for 14 diamonds, and 50 for 30 diamonds. Unfortunately, the price for objects has increased since the last time we had a maps event :( Regardless, buying a pack of 50 objects is the best deal, as the unit price is 1.667 objects compared to 1 for the first option, 1.25 for the second option, and about 1.43 for the third option. Thus, I recommend buying one pack of 50 if you want to get all the rewards from one zone first. Use them up and, if needed, purchase a pack of 20. Even if you end up using less objects than is necessary to get all the rewards, you'll have some left over for other zones.
- The event starts with one zone unlocked. You can unlock the other zones for 10 diamonds each or wait until they are unlocked automatically. Usually one zone is unlocked for free per day. Personally, I don't recommend unlocking them early. A more economical option would be to purchase objects with diamonds so you can finish a zone and get the final reward (usually a hairstyle, special makeup, special clothing, or profile background).
- This event lasts for one week. Be sure to use up all your purchased objects and clicks before then, as they don't carry over to another maps event.
- You can check some websites dedicated to Lady Popular to view the items from a particular zone before opening that zone.

Trinity Starling

National Flag:
United States

Previous

Return to Forum Diaries