TALES of Woman In White

Re: TALES of Woman In White

Postby womaninwhite » 27 Sep 2018, 20:11

people and event 10

road safety around the world

CAR accidents is a problam all around the world, countries are trying different programs, rules, ideas to reduce car accidents among them are also Creative ideas like these.....

message from MOM on the board :wub:
or
ImageImage

love this cool idea from SAMSUNG Image

lady: woman in white
id= 2506666

For this post the author womaninwhite thanked: 2
Gaia (27 Sep 2018, 21:35) • ketevank (27 Sep 2018, 21:00)
Rating: 2.41%

womaninwhite
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1267 times
National Flag:
Georgia

Postby womaninwhite » 09 Oct 2018, 18:19

tales of nature and earth #2
The Scottish Thistle - Beautifully Bold!

The Scottish Thistle is the oldest recorded 'National Flower' and is probably one of the most well-known, and easily recognized symbols of Scotland.
here's a rich history and several legends surrounding the thistle,

One of the best-known thistle legends takes place in the mid 13th century during a surprise invasion by the soldiers of the Norse king, Haakon, at Largs (one of western Scotland's coastal towns).

A sleeping party of Scots warriors were saved from an ambush by an invading Norse army when one of the attackers stepped on a thistle with his bare feet. His outburst raised the alarm, and the Scots defeated the invaders.

The first use of the thistle as a royal symbol of Scotland was on silver coins issued by James III in 1470.
by the 15th century the Scottish thistle was being used as a national emblem.

Pain, protection and pride – pretty much sum up the different representations of the thistle

id= 2506666

Gaia (09 Oct 2018, 21:06) • ketevank (09 Oct 2018, 19:56)

womaninwhite
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
Georgia

Postby womaninwhite » 10 Oct 2018, 18:15

One Persian legend tells that pearls were created when a rainbow met the earth after a storm. Imperfections in a pearl's appearance were thought to be the result of thunder and lightning.
* because of their shape, pearls have another watery association. Some stories say white pearls are tears shed by the gods. One legend says the tears Eve cried when she was banished from Eden turned to pearls.

* As white gems, pearls remain popular gifts for brides. (It’s even said pearls can keep newlywed brides from crying) :wub:
*Traditionally, the Chinese love golden pearls, believing they bring prosperity and luck. Chinese artworks often depict dragons holding golden pearls in their mouths or claws.
*The pearl represented the journey of the soul or spirit along the path to perfection. In ancient burials, mourners placed pearls in the mouths of the deceased. Since pearls apparently contained the principles of life, they hoped they could assist the dead on their journeys beyond :o

* It is also associated with hidden wisdom, patience and peace. Pearls have been throughout the ages a sign of wealth.
The blue pearl was traditionally associated with love.
*The brown pearl was worn for protection. The pink pearl was thought to promote fame and success. Black pearls was used to enhance wealth. This is the color to wear if you want to feel rich and attract prosperity. The white pearl was a symbol of beauty, purity and new beginnings :afro:

id= 2506666
womaninwhite
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
Georgia

Postby womaninwhite » 11 Oct 2018, 12:32

people and event 11

Henry Robert Pearce

meet Henry Olympic Rower who Stopped to Let Some Ducks Swim By and Still Won the Gold Medal :wub: :wub:

it should also be noted that not only was Pearce able to beat oponent by nearly half a minute after coming to a complete stop in the middle of the race, but in that race he also finished with the fastest time of any of the eight competitors that round.

We should also probably mention that this was during the elimination portion of the competition meaning Pearce had risked his chance of winning an Olympic medal for his country in his first Olympics to let the ducks pass.
:redface: :love:
id= 2506666
womaninwhite
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
Georgia

Postby womaninwhite » 13 Oct 2018, 22:15

tales from around the world 10

GEorgia

when people ask me in virtual life where i am from and i say GEORGIA they alsways think i am talking about USA state, but no no no :P here where i live- my beautifull, sunny and friendly country :wub:

and actually we GeorgianS do not call our country GEORGIA, I really do not know where this name came from, shy :blush: we call our country SAQARTVELO AND therefore Georgian is QARTVELI for us :biggrin:

there are several regions/parts of Georgia as USA has states, smth like this. all regions differ with it's culture, tradition, food and even personal characteristic is different :D we can guess from what region is person by his personality :P even if she/he has never been in that region, its enough that its grand graaaand parents once lived there, we call it HEREDITY :cool: it's really works ( in most cases) :biggrin:

Georgian men from different parts and with their national costumes

tourists love our country cause we have everything here, high cold mountains even in hottest summer, forests and fields for picnics and camps, sunny hot seaside for them who loves swimming and good sunny rouge...lakes and waterfalls, and natural bathes, mineral water,mud volcano with healing features and so on... :biggrin: i'd like to show and tell you everything :afro:

this is Tbilisi capital of Georgia and where i live :)
id= 2506666

bearavocados (15 Oct 2018, 07:56) • ketevank (13 Oct 2018, 22:28)

womaninwhite
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
Georgia

Previous

Return to Forum Diaries