A match made in Heaven

Weekly? Monthly?! It'll all here!
Fashion up!

Re: A match made in Heaven

Postby Gaia » 09 Feb 2019, 17:07

My plans for a first date are simple, but also fun and a great way to get to know each other.

My idea was to meet up at a park and eat picnic together. We can each bring some of our fav foods that we would like each other to try. I like to spend time on nature because it’s so relaxing and beautiful, and since you like to walk trails I assumed you would like a date like this as well. I decided on doing a picnic first because it’s a great opportunity for us to talk and learn about one another.

My outfit for the date:

After we get past introducing ourselves and feel more comfortable around each other (hopefully :lol: ) I thought about doing something fun together, like going to a amusement park. By the time it will be night time probably, and amusement parks look full of life at night. We could go on a ride at a Ferris wheel or go to rollercoasters if you are the type of guy up for some adrenaline. Also just walking in the park at night and enjoying the beautiful shower of lights around us is already worth going.

Hope you like my plans for our date, we will have a great time! :)
Lady name: Gaia.
with a dot! Image

ID: 1663132

For this post the author Gaia thanked: 2
ketevank (09 Feb 2019, 17:44) • Red Queen (11 Feb 2019, 18:20)
Rating: 2.41%

Gaia
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1062 times

Postby doe » 10 Feb 2019, 01:22

Date outfit:

We'd start off our date by going to an art exhibition at a local museum. We'd walk around and chat, discussing the art and also learning more about each other. I'd ask you a few questions here and there like "What do you think qualifies as art?" or "Is there any piece that makes you feel a particular emotion?" to gain some insight into how you think, your tastes, and what moves you.

After that, I'd take you to my favorite local diner that makes the best cheeseburgers and cherry pie, and we'd have a nice meal while getting to know each other more; our likes, dislikes, fond and funny memories. I'd throw in a bad pun here and there just to see more of your smile.

Then we'd hit up an arcade, the dazzling lights and electronic sounds bringing out a bit of the inner child in us. We'd have a friendly competition to see who can kick the others butt more in games like Dance Dance Revolution, Street Fighter, air hockey, or basketball. I'd watch you play a game and be your own personal cheerleader as you try to get a high score. Before we leave, I'd spend a bit too much money on a claw machine trying to win you a plushie (though inside I'd secretly hope that we'd have a 2nd date so I could give you one as a gift).

For the last part of our date we'd go to a karaoke room and sing our hearts out to power ballads, one-hit wonders, and pop songs that we might be a little ashamed to admit we like. I'd try to jokingly serenade you with “I Believe In a Thing Called Love” but my voice would probably crack on the high notes and we'd have a good laugh about it. We'd sing until we're almost out of breath and our lungs ache, and I'd say that we could totally win American Idol or any other singing competition.

At the end of our date I'd thank you for an amazing time and would give you a kiss on the cheek, if you'd let me.

For this post the author doe thanked: 2
Gaia (10 Feb 2019, 16:07) • Red Queen (11 Feb 2019, 18:21)

doe

Have thanks: 105 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Eamane » 10 Feb 2019, 22:34

Hey Matt, I'm so glad we can finally meet in person! I cannot wait to show you what I've planned. I hope you have your comfortable walking shoes on.
I want to show off my town, so I'll meet you under the clock on the main square. It is the traditional meeting point and it gets interesting if you've never met your date in person, because you're standing with another 20 people wandering if the person just coming up to the clock is meeting you or someone else. Well, I don't want to have it too difficult - I'll be the one with an enormous checker tie round my neck wandering near the clock, so keep your eyes open :)
I love this part of the year and I always live to the rhythm of the street festival that is in town (hence the checker tie). I'm taking you to a week-long international multimedia street festival and today is the best day of it because it has all the greatest traditional events and performers.
After we walk through the park nearby, among the artists drawing pictures with pastel chalks on the sidewalk, we will be just in time for the Garbage men Race, the real show and action as they fly like thunders through the main square and back with their tuned green trolleys in attempt to win Cest’s trophy. We'll cheer and evaluate their racing style. After that we'll check out the slowest bike ride on the 7-meter track, see the magicians and clowns, an acrobat that folds herself in a suitcase, cheer at the 5-minutes-baby-crawling-race, listen to the street musicians and bands on every corner of several squares in the centre, take a rest and maybe try and play someting at the wandering piano (if we catch it, of course), and check out all other wonderful street performers that will be here today.
We'll take a bite or two as we go, at some of the food, cakes, meet and wine boots scattered next to the performing stages. We'll share an ice-cream that is half-a-metre tall and you'll probably tease me when my face gets covered with melting ice cream. I love it too much to care about such trifles,that is what the wet wipes in my backpack are for ;) We'll laugh and comment and look at strange things people do.
We'll be pretty hungry by now, so I'll be taking you to the best BBQ house in the town. After dinner we will catch the second, evening part of the performances, with fire joggling and light shows, check out several dancing acts and small concerts on Flower square, after which we will go into the old army tunnel, which was adapted to an exibition space. There is a timetravel story I want to show you, as we enter the tunnel at the beginning of 20th century and see the pictures and other exponats from that time, and as we go through the tunnel the years go forward. Real people have shared their old family pictures to ilustrate the past years (mine are there as well). The tunnel ends just at the bottom of the small hill edging the town centre. If you'll be up to it, we will walk up the steps to the stage on the old, upper town,where we will find wine, beer and snacks and great bands playing their best in front of the woodsy background the hills of the upper town create. If the band will not be to our taste,we can always walk down the hill to some other small evening concert or ballroom dancing stage in the centre of the small park. It is always great to see old couples dancing the dances of their youth next to younger couples and kids, being relaxed and carefree as in the days of their youth. I'm always there till the midnight or till the program ends, whichever happens first. We're likely to run into some of my friends or people from my dance course from time to time. We always spend this week almost living in the streets of the festival and I'm happy to show you one afternoon and evening of this festival. It might not be an adrenaline boost, but it is relaxing and fun, with action, comedy, magic, music, dancing, food and drinks blended into one wonderful afternoon and evening. Even if we'll be nervous at the beginning, the funny and strange performances will provide for the conversation boosts, if it will even need a boost. I hope you had a nice time, Matt!

Lady: Eamane, id=978139

"Now, Anne, that spoonful ain't any bigger than it was last year and I'M ever so much bigger." (Davy)
"When your heart skips a beat, it isn't love, its indigestion." (Mrs. Rachel Lynde)

For this post the author Eamane thanked: 2
doe (12 Feb 2019, 03:06) • Red Queen (11 Feb 2019, 18:21)

Eamane

Have thanks: 1309 times
National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ketevank » 11 Feb 2019, 18:12

i invite you Matt in love city - SignaGI in Georgia, there we can walk in park, observe open markets with traditional interesting items, and have lot time to talk and see interesting places

after we can visit any cute little cafe there and taste some traditional food...

at the evening we can visit open air concert and dance dance :biggrin:
Marquise Maia
id: 2403510

For this post the author ketevank was thanked by:
Red Queen (11 Feb 2019, 18:21)
Rating: 1.2%

ketevank

Have thanks: 1224 times
National Flag:
Georgia

Postby ClaudiaM25 » 15 Feb 2019, 08:11

Aaaand Matt has so impressed that he can't pick between you girls, and this is why you all go in the next round!
Apparently the other girls that were supposed to meet Matt found someone else - all the best for them, but believe me, u won't find another one better than Matt :D

ketevank
Eamane
doe
Gaia
Trinity Starling
Winter Violet
colorfull

First date went so well!! But now you decided to skip the crowd and impress Matt with a dinner all made by yourself!

Light the scented candles, stick the Barry White album on the stereo and cook up a romantic meal!

Let us know what would you prepare and show us a picture of your lady's apartment designed for this occasion!

End date: 21.02.2019

For this post the author ClaudiaM25 was thanked by:
Red Queen (20 Feb 2019, 12:36)

ClaudiaM25
Community Contributor
Community Contributor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 3578 times
National Flag:
Romania

Postby Trinity Starling » 15 Feb 2019, 09:06

I would prepare some Asian fusion cuisine to combine both of the cultures I grew up around and to give Matt a taste of my home. The first course would be Japanese tapas and sushi rolls. The main course would probably be a more filling meal of noodles, such as ramen or even hand-pulled noodles, if I could "pull" (no pun intended) it off! Of course, there would be a dessert of New-York style cheesecake to top it off.

All of this would be served in a cozy living room with warm lighting and a romantic view of the city skylights at night.

Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

For this post the author Trinity Starling thanked: 2
colorfull (15 Feb 2019, 15:39) • Red Queen (20 Feb 2019, 12:37)

Trinity Starling

Have thanks: 438 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby colorfull » 15 Feb 2019, 17:39

romantic and worm dinner :wub:

id- 5780511
colorfull

For this post the author colorfull was thanked by:
Red Queen (20 Feb 2019, 12:37)

colorfull

Have thanks: 73 times

Postby ketevank » 15 Feb 2019, 18:50

i decided to make some Arabian nights theme dinner :wub:
hope to impress Matt with magical 1001 nigh stories :biggrin:
Marquise Maia
id: 2403510

For this post the author ketevank was thanked by:

ketevank

Have thanks: 1224 times
National Flag:
Georgia

Postby Winter Violet » 17 Feb 2019, 01:48

MEXICAN FIESTA
  • I love, love, love Mexican food, so I would definitely choose a fun fiesta-themed night for us!
Winter Violet

THE WHITE HOUSE
☆ website ☆

For this post the author Winter Violet was thanked by:

Winter Violet

Have thanks: 571 times

Postby Eamane » 18 Feb 2019, 01:21

Hi, Matt, welcome to my home! Please, come in, let me take your jacket.
I hope you're hungry because I've prepared a treat for us - a light salad, risotto and a fish cooked in a dishwasher. No, you heard right, and you'll see it is really tasty. For desert we have an ice cream cake and a pie.
So, let me take you to the tour of my house. This is the living room, you can grab some appetizers here. What would you like to drink? Oh, excuse me a second while I put the fish into the dishwasher to cook, it'll be ready in a jiffy. Could you please pic out some music to play? Thanks.

All set and cooking. Hey,that's a great choice, I just love this album! So, to continue the tour: over here is the garden with a great view behind the house, come and see. Don't worry about the dog, our Wolfie is calm as a lamb. The night is still warm, so we can hang out a bit outside, take the pretzels with you, will you? Hey, kiddo, what are you doing here, weren't you supposed to go out with your parents? Matt, this is my niece and favourite stylist. My sister lives in the same street, so she runs over through the garden when she gets away. What's that you've brought over? Well, I'd never... so in case I suck at cooking, which I don't, my sister has sent us baked chicken and potatos. Thank you, kiddo, and tell my sis I'm flattered by her high opinion of my cooking skills. You can tell she has great faith in my cooking, can't you, Matt? :) Oh well, we'll just eat what we feel like, and you will get a luch package for tomorrow at work, so it actually turned out great.
(contest picture)

Look at the time, let's go into the kitchen. You can finish setting the table while I get everything ready.
Hope you'll enjoy it!
Lady: Eamane, id=978139

"Now, Anne, that spoonful ain't any bigger than it was last year and I'M ever so much bigger." (Davy)
"When your heart skips a beat, it isn't love, its indigestion." (Mrs. Rachel Lynde)

For this post the author Eamane was thanked by:

Eamane

Have thanks: 1309 times
National Flag:
Croatia

PreviousNext

Return to Contests