Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

We are constantly improving the Forum and your opinion is taken into account. Let us know your ideas and suggestions here!

Who should vote in Forum Contests?

Players (Forum members)
63
31%
Moderating Team
138
69%
 
Total votes : 201

Re: Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

Postby Mahsa » 29 Dec 2010, 20:08

Luana734 wrote:moderating team should to vote because...Let's say..If a girl participe to a forum contest and she has a lot of friends in this game?All of them will vote her...So no chance to win another lady...My oppinion...Have a good day


same :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :)
Fashion Arena :
User avatar
Mahsa
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!
 
Posts: 513
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 15:43
Location: EARTH
Has thanked: 2372 times
Have thanks: 1411 times

Re: Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

Postby Niki » 30 Dec 2010, 20:49

and how about 50:50...we give votes (which after can be turned into points) and moderators....i think thats will be the most honest....hard to count but honest)
User avatar
Niki
Member
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: 20 Nov 2010, 20:19
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 16 times

Re: Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

Postby Roxxia » 31 Dec 2010, 10:39

I think the moderating team should do the voting cuz yes, ladies vote for their friends. if you're not very popular like me then you can gaurantee you wont win anything.
I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
...
Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done.
User avatar
Roxxia
Game Guide
Game Guide
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 20:52
Location: England
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 273 times
National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

Postby zmaya » 31 Dec 2010, 16:50

Niki wrote:and how about 50:50...we give votes (which after can be turned into points) and moderators....i think thats will be the most honest....hard to count but honest)


There are only four of us, so if we include our votes it won't change much or you had something different in mind?
User avatar
zmaya
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 21:08
Location: Croatia
Has thanked: 18 times
Have thanks: 281 times

Re: Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

Postby Victoria_Verr » 31 Dec 2010, 17:44

the moderating team
Victoria_Verr
Junior Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 01 Nov 2010, 17:54
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

Postby Bethamphetamine » 01 Jan 2011, 02:35

zmaya wrote:
Niki wrote:and how about 50:50...we give votes (which after can be turned into points) and moderators....i think thats will be the most honest....hard to count but honest)


There are only four of us, so if we include our votes it won't change much or you had something different in mind?

mmm making your votes (moderating team) 50% of the total is the same as you picking the winner if there are 3 ladies and lady A has 15% lady B 20% and C 15% of the players votes and if the moderating team chooses any of them A,B, or C the one they pick will win, so it would'nt make much sense giving the players opportunity to vote because in the end your votes are the definitive votes

the only solution I can come up with is let the players vote for the ladies, and with those votes, lets say the top 5 or 10 or any number ladies with more votes would be the finalists, and the mod team will pick the winners, this way players get to choose the ones they like but they won't pick the winner, yes maybe their friends would get to be finalists but it doesn't guarantee them winning.
don't know if that makes much sense lol

a more democratic solution (but could be a bit annoying for the mods or the creator of the contest) would be to PM the creator o the contest the link/picture, when the contest closes the moderator/creator will post all the pictures anonymously and make a poll or get the players to pick the winners, they will only decide on the looks and not the lady who posted them because there will be no names, in the end when the winners are chosen you say who were the winners/post the names..
User avatar
Bethamphetamine
Member
Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 28 May 2010, 00:30
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

Postby zmaya » 01 Jan 2011, 14:40

Bethamphetamine wrote:the only solution I can come up with is let the players vote for the ladies, and with those votes, lets say the top 5 or 10 or any number ladies with more votes would be the finalists, and the mod team will pick the winners, this way players get to choose the ones they like but they won't pick the winner, yes maybe their friends would get to be finalists but it doesn't guarantee them winning.
don't know if that makes much sense lol


For that I don't see a real difference from what we have now. Ladies without friends in the game would still lack the chance. If the players vote simply the first five win. No need for moderating team to change their votes.

Bethamphetamine wrote:a more democratic solution (but could be a bit annoying for the mods or the creator of the contest) would be to PM the creator o the contest the link/picture, when the contest closes the moderator/creator will post all the pictures anonymously and make a poll or get the players to pick the winners, they will only decide on the looks and not the lady who posted them because there will be no names, in the end when the winners are chosen you say who were the winners/post the names..


This would be the best solution but I am not sure it can be done. First of the limit of my inbox. Some photos might get lost. Also with editing posts. Lot of ladies need to change something. When it was forbidden to edit post in competition it was quite a chaos.

Also, keep in mind. You can always tel your friend "hey, my outfit is number 10, vote for it". So, still there is a problem with "friends" voting and I think that is what people are most against.

Thank you for your suggestions.Don't think they aren't an option because I commented on them. I am just giving an examples of what might go wrong. I am not saying that moderating team voting is perfect either, we are open to all your suggestions.

If anyone else has an idea feel free to share. :)
User avatar
zmaya
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 21:08
Location: Croatia
Has thanked: 18 times
Have thanks: 281 times

Re: Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

Postby zmaya » 01 Jan 2011, 15:23

New January contest started and according to the poll this time moderating team will choose the winners. You can still vote and if the majority changes opinion so will the voting system.
User avatar
zmaya
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 21:08
Location: Croatia
Has thanked: 18 times
Have thanks: 281 times

Re: Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

Postby fantasygirl » 01 Jan 2011, 17:15

the prices of the new contest is 12 diamonds thats not cool.but the good thing is the moderating team votes :)
User avatar
fantasygirl
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 422
Joined: 10 Jul 2010, 18:12
Location: IR
Has thanked: 71 times
Have thanks: 58 times

Re: Who should vote in Forum Contests? POLL

Postby zmaya » 01 Jan 2011, 22:22

The prize isn't 12 diamonds. Prizes rise with number of contestants.

The same was with previous contest, prizes raised with number of voters, considering the players aren't voting it raises with number of contestants.
User avatar
zmaya
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 21:08
Location: Croatia
Has thanked: 18 times
Have thanks: 281 times

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest