Hatred through NEGATIVE votes

Do you have any ideas to improve the game? Here is the place to be! Let us know what you would like to see ingame.

Re: Hatred through NEGATIVE votes

Postby Gaia » 05 Apr 2018, 02:46

Yes jolori, I 100% agree. I could have a 10000 negative votes, and I still wouldn't change a thing about my fashion sense just because of what others may think. Many ladies, especially club presidents, are voted down by others for no logical reason; in many cases due to pure jealously and hate. Not to mention, some ladies feel the need for vengeance after losing a club fight, so their first thought that comes to mind is to negative vote. I see more ladies with negative votes who have a great style for clothes and have beautiful apartments, than ladies who wear what society considers as "ugly" clothes and sometimes have nothing at all on their apartments. I greatly believe that a vast majority of ladies are being voted down upon for unjust reasons. Imagine logging in the game one day to realize you have 50 or even more negative votes. Some ladies take this very seriously, maybe some even plan to compete for podium and the other contests one day. But it would be extremely difficult to win the contests if everyone keeps voting down for them. This really upsets ladies/misters, which makes the game so stressing and unfair to the point that they might decide to stop playing. In real life, all beauty pageants that I heard of, and I am pretty sure this goes with most of all pageants across the globe, do not have such thing as negative votes. Why can't we just do it like that? ... And if someone's fashion sense really bothers you that much, commenting on their profile, PM, or chat are all ways you can communicate with that person and tell them you don't like what they are wearing or how their apartment looks like. Also, you know how in social media you can see who "likes" your pics and stuff, maybe we should do that to see who negative votes for us, if we can't completely take away negative votes option. Knowing that other ladies will see that you negative voted them will most certainly make you rethink about the side you take when voting.
Lady name: Gaia.
with a dot! Image

ID: 1663132

For this post the author Gaia thanked: 2
Lilakoi Moon (18 Sep 2018, 09:01) • Red Queen (18 Sep 2018, 11:16)
Rating: 2.41%

Gaia
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 837 times

Postby Soravia » 05 Apr 2018, 08:37

From what i see the negative voting , most of the time is given not for the way the doll is dressed, but for punishing for something the lady did:

- Challenge someone to much time and taking her money ( yet is part of the game, and the other side is doing it as well)
- In rare cases being rude in the party chat - yes ive seen this , someone talk bad in party chat, and for few minutes her voting go down to -100 .
- Challening a club to often , and the members of that club vote negative to the members of the other club.

And many more cases like that.

For this post the author Soravia was thanked by:
Gaia (07 May 2018, 21:30)
Rating: 1.2%

Soravia

Have thanks: 298 times

Postby jolori » 12 Apr 2018, 00:06

As I stated just a week or so ago, the negative vote is being misused. Our club just won a club battle today and our president has had her previous points wiped away. She's down to 9 points in her Lady Podium votes. This is obviously not because 20 to 30 people suddenly decided they didn't like what she was wearing today. Please, can't something be done about this? Thank you.

For this post the author jolori was thanked by:
Gaia (07 May 2018, 21:30)

jolori

Have thanks: 11 times

Postby Lilakoi Moon » 18 Sep 2018, 01:27

I know what you are talking about. People here get bullied A LOT is my experience. I get voted down en masse a lot! I have no idea what I am doing wrong. But get downvoted dozens of votes in a few hours. Must be a club behind it... it's sad.

For this post the author Lilakoi Moon was thanked by:
Gaia (18 Sep 2018, 03:06)

Lilakoi Moon

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Trinity Starling » 18 Sep 2018, 03:25

I agree that sometimes players can abuse their voting rights. Although, technically, they have a right to express their opinions, not everyone is going to do so wisely. I think, at this point, where are so many younger players who might not understand that negative votes could be done for reasons other than bullying, it would just be safer to get rid of negative voting. There's really no use for it. If you don't like another player's style, there's nothing stopping you from not visiting that player's profile again. It's a pretty petty way of bullying, if you ask me. If anything, upvoting people is strategically better for everyone because you're getting some ladies closer to a prize in the Lady Podium, FTV Catwalk, or Apartment contest. Once a player has won all the prizes in the contests, players can no longer vote for them, which effectively eliminates them from the competition for prizes. Although, if LP does decide to keep the feature, we should at least know that negative votes mean nothing in the real world so long as there is no sentimental value attached to them. As Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Negative votes don't say anything about you as a person and they don't have to mean anything to you. Overall, I think getting rid of downvotes is a pretty good idea, but at the end of the day, negative votes don't mean much, so don't get too worked up over it.
Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

For this post the author Trinity Starling was thanked by:
Lilakoi Moon (18 Sep 2018, 09:04)

Trinity Starling

Have thanks: 83 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Red Queen » 18 Sep 2018, 11:19

jolori wrote:As I stated just a week or so ago, the negative vote is being misused. Our club just won a club battle today and our president has had her previous points wiped away. She's down to 9 points in her Lady Podium votes. This is obviously not because 20 to 30 people suddenly decided they didn't like what she was wearing today. Please, can't something be done about this? Thank you.

I'm not arguing the fact that there is a lot of people and clubs misusing the negative button. I personally wish they would just take it away.
But keep in mind that the podium votes reset:
Lady Podium - Rating of all Ladies is reset every Wednesday
FTV Catwalk - Each month on 1st the podium resets
Apartment Contest - Each Monday afternoon podium resets

For this post the author Red Queen was thanked by:
Gaia (18 Sep 2018, 21:24)

Red Queen
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 3409 times
National Flag: