Information required to purchase diamonds

Do you have any ideas to improve the game? Here is the place to be! Let us know what you would like to see ingame.

Information required to purchase diamonds

Postby Shoobie » 01 Jul 2016, 22:39

A change was made recently to the form for purchasing diamonds, and I would like to suggest reverting that change.

The new form (the one which you are routed to after clicking "continue" on step 3, "Payment") requires an address and phone number to complete a purchase.

This information is completely unnecessary when paying with paypal (which is one of the primary advantages of using to paypal to make online purchases: to avoid sharing your personal information with companies which are likely to exploit it), and a phone number is also totally unnecessary when making a credit card purchase.

The G2S privacy policy makes it clear that this information is being collected not to protect the security of the purchase or to verify identity, but to advertise to players who make purchases. The same section of the privacy policy also reveals that they will likely sell the information of players making a purchase to other marketers:
"To the extent permissible by applicable law, we may use the information collected [...] for use in aggregate for commercial purposes such as marketing, promotions etc."
https://www.gate2shop.com/privacy-and-data-protection/

I understand that there are costs to developing and running a game, that sometimes advertising and data collection and selling can be necessary to keep a game going. However, I don't think it's fair to exploit the data specifically of players who are directly supporting the game by making a purchase, especially in the middle of the purchasing process. I am already paying for the game; I would much rather pay more for diamonds than share my phone number with a company that is going to sell it to advertisers.

Until Lady Popular provides a way to pay with paypal or credit card that does not demand this personal information, I will be unable to purchase any more diamonds. The decision to make (or allow) this change is incredibly disappointing, and is making me regret the significant amount of money I've already put in to this game.

I sincerely hope that either this change will be reverted, or a method will be added allowing me to make a purchase without providing this information (especially my phone number), because I love this game and would really like to continue supporting it by purchasing diamonds. :(

For this post the author Shoobie thanked: 2
Annabelle Coco (06 Feb 2018, 10:50) • Sara Aranel (02 Jul 2016, 00:08)
Rating: 2.41%

Shoobie

Have thanks: 78 times

Re: Information required to purchase diamonds

Postby allenafaith » 02 Jul 2016, 05:50

I have to agree. I think more children are playing this game too and their parents are paying for it with their own information. I don't think you should have to provide address/phone number, especially for PayPal. It's all online, they don't need your address especially since everything is digital, so it's not like they need to mail you receipts. I can see why it would be necessary if the receipts weren't digital but they are. I am 15 years old and I use my information. It makes me feel weird to even think about my information being sold to other advertisers especially since I'm so young.

For this post the author allenafaith thanked: 2
Annabelle Coco (06 Feb 2018, 10:50) • Shoobie (02 Jul 2016, 19:26)
Rating: 2.41%

allenafaith
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 785 times

Re: Information required to purchase diamonds

Postby AdityaInfotech » 06 Feb 2018, 10:15

allenafaith wrote:I have to agree. I think more children are playing this game too and their parents are paying for it with their own information. I don't think you should have to provide address/phone number, especially for PayPal. It's all online, they don't need your address especially since everything is digital, so it's not like they need to mail you receipts. I can see why it would be necessary if the receipts weren't digital but they are. I am 15 years old and I use my information. It makes me feel weird to even think about my information being sold to other advertisers especially since I'm so young.

Absolutely right..!! Agreed..!!

For this post the author AdityaInfotech was thanked by:
Annabelle Coco (06 Feb 2018, 10:50)
Rating: 1.2%

AdityaInfotech

Have thanks: 1 time

Return to Game Suggestions