How do you treat hair loss?

Do you have questions about real life fashion and beauty? Do you have fashion ideas? Comments on new trends or simply advices you want to share with others. Here is the place to discuss real life fashion and beauty.

Re: How do you treat hair loss?

Postby sammybrown » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:26 pm

Last year I noticed my hair started thinning. I was panic-stricken. I spent all evenings surfing the Internet in search of the best and cheap solutions and found an interesting article on that issue ( click) . The key point is to find the real cause of hairloss, all further treatment depends on it.

For this post the author sammybrown was thanked by:
Annabelle Coco (Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:24 am)
Rating: 1.2%

sammybrown

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby smithj » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:11 am

Tips
-if you can, wash hair every other day or every two days-it just depends how oily your hair gets.
-leave conditioner on for 10 minutes at least and don't put it on roots.
-drink lots of water and eat a lot of protein such as meat and peanut butter cause your hair is made from protein.
-always use a leave in conditioner for split ends.
-trim hair once a month since split ends stops hair growth.
-use heat protection every time.

For this post the author smithj was thanked by:
IcogcoffVox (Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:13 am)
Rating: 1.2%

smithj

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Annabelle Coco » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:24 am

Last edited by Annabelle Coco on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lady: Annabelle Coco
Club: Divas
Annabelle Coco

Have thanks: 818 times

Postby dinesh016 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:58 am

Use a good shempoo 2wice a week. Give regular baby oil messages. Do not use gel or cream on your hair. Drink plenty of water and have spinach on your meal everyday.
dinesh016

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby Guinastasia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:04 am

I'm going through this -- I'm on anti-convulsants which cause thinning hair. I'm horribly self-conscious about it. I can't even wear it in a pony tail or anything like that because it's so obvious. For the time being, my stylist recommended using a vitamin, biotin. You know, that "hair skin and nails" stuff? (My nails are also pretty brittle). I'm going to give that a shot and see if it does anything.
My doctor actually suggested rogaine. :(
Guinastasia

Have thanks: 13 times

Postby DWilkinson » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:26 pm

Guinastasia wrote:I'm going through this -- I'm on anti-convulsants which cause thinning hair. I'm horribly self-conscious about it. I can't even wear it in a pony tail or anything like that because it's so obvious. For the time being, my stylist recommended using a vitamin, biotin. You know, that "hair skin and nails" stuff? (My nails are also pretty brittle). I'm going to give that a shot and see if it does anything.
My doctor actually suggested rogaine. :(

I am going to preface this with the disclaimer "It is not for everyone".

But I have to say, finding this really helped me out:
http://www.godivassecretwigs.com/wigs-for-hair-loss/

The issue for me was thinning up front (or that is how it started). They have things called "lace front" and "monofilament". Both of those styles make it look like the hair is growing out of the scalp and the hairline on your forehead.

Some people don't like the idea. I read that page and watched that beautiful woman in the video, and that got me to give it a try.

I had no success to speak of with any of the hair loss curbing or regrowing products. I was a little scared to do the transplants.

The wig option was noninvasive and it did the job of covering up the thing that was shattering my confidence. Now I get all kinds of praise for my "hair". Everyone wants to know where I got it cut. Who styled it. If I could style their hair. It is great!

Have not given up on solving the hair loss issue, but I am no longer in a desperate rush.

Hope it works for you as good as it did for me.
DWilkinson

Have thanks: 2 times

Previous

Return to Beauty and Fashion