What is good for the hair?

Do you have questions about real life fashion and beauty? Do you have fashion ideas? Comments on new trends or simply advices you want to share with others. Here is the place to discuss real life fashion and beauty.

Re: What is good for the hair?

Postby marehan1 » 02 Aug 2017, 16:48

nice , thank you!
marehan1

Have thanks: 50 times

Postby AddiePost » 03 Jan 2018, 11:53

Very nice. Thank you.
AddiePost

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby HappyMJ » 06 Jun 2018, 13:14

Nice post! It will come in handy for those who want to have a good diet for hair’s health. But we got to remember, those appropriate products are not enough. The main thing is a good care without abuse of chemicals. When I started worrying about the health of my hair, the post by Monica Davis attracted me. Specifically, in this article, she tells how to lighten hair without using any bleach. She also knows a lot of interesting features about hairstyling.
HappyMJ

Postby Melisande » 07 Jun 2018, 20:40

Most of this is true. I would like to add a few things things here, however:

1) Hair color is determined by genes, aging, and other natural processes within the body. Diet will NOT decide whether a person has black hair, blond hair, or so on. I am wondering where you got this idea, as it is incorrect and would cause false beliefs and stigma about people with certain hair colors.

2) Many people are allergic to soy, so if this is determined to be true of a person, they should not eat it or use it in any hair products. This could cause allergic reaction, or even possible even cause or contribute to hair loss over time.

3) Plant protein is absorbed more slowly than animal protein and is lower in amino acids, so soy is not a natural dietary equivalent to meat. Humans do eat plants but are predominantly carnivorous from a biological standpoint, and many people find that they cannot function well without meat. This should always be considered when a person is trying to decide how much meat they want to eat, or even if they want to eat any at all.

4) Diets too low in fat can damage the hair, as dietary fat helps us to absorb certain vitamins.

5) Diets rich in soy reduce testosterone, so this can sometimes make it more difficult to lose weight if any extra is put on. (Higher testosterone levels are one of the reasons men are less likely than women to become overweight in the first place.) If somebody loses weight simply by replacing meat with soy, then the associated weight loss will probably be from reduced muscle mass. Other times, this weight loss can come from cutting out some of the human-added hormones which are commonly often found in non-organic meat.

I know that a lot of Asians eat soy-rich diets and have lower rates of obesity, but soy allergy is less common in that population, and agriculture has historically been regulated differently in most of Asia than in other parts of the world. As a result, soy grown out of Asia is often less nutritious, and a higher percentage of people outside of that population have also developed soy allergies. We do not know exactly why this is, but allergy development does seem to have links to pollution, densely populated areas, which kinds of medical care people receive, average life expectancy in a population, where people grow up, to which plants and animals they've been exposed, and which foods have been historically available where certain populations live.

So sorry for going off on a tangent. It's just that I was a CNA/nursing student before I had to stop working due to connective tissue disease complications, so I have had to learn a lot about this kind of thing, and it is extremely important to me. Thank you for sharing what you do know. :)
Lady Name: Melisande
Lady ID: 5508915
Melisande

Have thanks: 204 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby HappyMJ » 08 Jun 2018, 16:41

Diets too low in fat can damage the hair, as dietary fat helps us to absorb certain vitamins

Right you are! My friend lost a lot of hair an doctor said it was because of lack of vitamins...
HappyMJ

Return to Beauty and Fashion