Be honest: Writing time

Let's talk about some things beyond the game.

Be honest: Writing time

Postby mizztetianna » 16 Dec 2017, 01:30

Tell me what do you think about this paragraph. Be honest....I'm not afraid of the truth. If a story started off like this would you read the rest of it? :wink:

I was sick of being controlled. I was sick of pretending. I was sick of the judging. I was sick of just about everything in life. I just wanted to run away and leave everything behind. I just wanted to pack up my belongings and vanish. But, I couldn't, it was complicated.
mizztetianna

Have thanks: 13 times

Re: Be honest: Writing time

Postby Winter Violet » 17 Dec 2017, 18:27

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi mizztetianna. Below is my 100% honest feedback.

》It sounds like a suicide note.

》Way too many sentences in one paragraph beginning with "I".

》It sounds like you are simply reading a grocery list of complaints versus giving the reader any actual depth or feeling. Because of this, the character comes off as really self-involved...instead of self-aware, which is what I think you were aiming for.

》If your interested in writing as a hobby or future career, you should definitely get into some sort of writing course. It will really help develop your skills.

》Also, consider an acting course as well if you can. It couldn't hurt! This way you will be able to further develop aspects of each character in your story or book.

》Good luck to you! ♡

Winter Violet_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Winter Violet

Have thanks: 487 times

Re: Be honest: Writing time

Postby mizztetianna » 19 Dec 2017, 21:40

Winter Violet wrote:_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi mizztetianna. Below is my 100% honest feedback.

》It sounds like a suicide note.

》Way too many sentences in one paragraph beginning with "I".

》It sounds like you are simply reading a grocery list of complaints versus giving the reader any actual depth or feeling. Because of this, the character comes off as really self-involved...instead of self-aware, which is what I think you were aiming for.

》If your interested in writing as a hobby or future career, you should definitely get into some sort of writing course. It will really help develop your skills.

》Also, consider an acting course as well if you can. It couldn't hurt! This way you will be able to further develop aspects of each character in your story or book.

》Good luck to you! ♡

Winter Violet_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks so much! Actually acting sound pretty fun! I'll change improve it :biggrin:

For this post the author mizztetianna was thanked by:
Winter Violet (19 Dec 2017, 21:48)
Rating: 1.2%

mizztetianna

Have thanks: 13 times

Return to OffTopic