Insomnia

You like one of the ladies or you think the clothes of another one don't match? Here is the place to gossip.

Insomnia

Postby poliq » 18 Jul 2018, 06:37

Hello all. For the past year or so I've been having some pretty bad sleeping habits and after doing some research on the matter, I concluded that I have insomnia. Not officially though, since i haven't seen a doctor about it because I'm dumb so there's no true diagnosis yet, but the symptoms do match. Because of this, my sleep schedule is completely out of wack; pretty much nonexistent. For example, I'll go to sleep at like 5 or 6AM, wake up at like 12 or 1PM, end up taking a nap at around 7 or 8, wake up at like around 10ish and then be up for the rest of the night. Any one else suffer from insomnia or any other sleep disorders? Feel free to share your story(ies)!

For this post the author poliq was thanked by:
nefeliethan (20 Sep 2020, 04:15)
Rating: 1.2%

poliq

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Insomnia

Postby Lady Drakharis » 20 Sep 2020, 04:08

I get bouts of insomnia. It's why I do yoga and workout in hopes it'll help me have better sleeping habits. However, I act as my husband's caretaker because he has MS. I try to keep my schedule with his. I try to sleep when he sleeps. It doesn't always work out that way. I'll sometimes not sleep for several days in a row. I once stayed awake for 20 days in a row during basic training until my drill sergeant demanded I sleep and tried but couldn't do so, The next morning she sent me to Sickbay because of it. They gave me benadryl in hopes that would help knock me out. It did for 5 hours which was better than nothing at all. I didn't start having more normal sleep cycles until I went for my core training in NBC. I was in Basic training for 6 weeks.

I still have problems with sleep but I do meditation, tai chi, yoga and workout. Which helps me at least. I also will spend a sleepless night going on a cleaning spree waiting until morning to vaccum because I live in a close-knit apartment complex and don't want to rude with vaccuming at 2 or 3 in the morning. I like my neighbours.

When I was a child my mom was worried about my lack of sleep and I was diagnosed with insomnia and night terrors and nightmares. The Nighmares would trigger insomnia because I would wake up and be afraid of sleeping and would stay up for some times days at a time even back then. When I would sleep I would thrash and scream like somebody was trying to kill me or something like that.

For this post the author Lady Drakharis was thanked by:
nefeliethan (20 Sep 2020, 04:15)
Rating: 1.2%

Lady Drakharis

Have thanks: 135 times

Return to Gossip and Criticism