Page 1 of 2

Is the voting fair?

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 14:13
by ClaudiaM25
I have been reading that some of you think we are not picking winners fairly...
What do you think?

Re: Is the voting fair?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 08:53
by Red Queen
Hi all
I would like to use this thread to explain how winners are chosen (when it's done by the team)

First I write down all 'rule' and contestants and tick off if they have followed the 'rule / guidelines'.

Image

Then I mark the ones I really like with a *
Next the rest of the team members give their favorites, and I mark those with *
I've highlighted their choices in two colors, but the orange didn't work that well, sorry :huh:

Image
Image

Now we check which ladies has the most stars and those are your winners. :)

This is why we don't give winners the second we lock a topic.
To be fair we've established this system and it does take time.

Image

Re: Is the voting fair?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 13:44
by ClaudiaM25
Also, the ones that don't think the winners are fairly picked, if you want, can leave your arguments and we can discuss on them.

Re: Is the voting fair?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 14:36
by Annabelle Coco
I think the "concerns" may come from people who have started participating in contests fairly recently? It takes time and hard work to start winning contests. It's not an overnight thing. When I was a newbie I participated in most contests and never won any for a very long time, none, but instead of saying "Oh it's not fair" I looked at what I could improve. And now looking back at those old looks (over 2 years later!) I see that they were atrocious!
Now I do win more contests because 1) I have kept participating and improving and also I understand better how to fulfil the criteria, what is expected of me, that work is required, and 2) I have a huge amount of better items in the game as well. That's also hard-work to gather. I joined the forum in 2016 and worked to improve since. I have never seen any reason to question the integrity of the judging whatsoever even back when I didn't win anything, nor now whether I win or not. I see that one of the players who voiced that concern only joined a few months ago, in January of this year. Trust me that within three months of joining I was NOWHERE near ready to be worth winning contests.
Not even close. I understand the frustration but it's gonna take some time, like it did for all of us. But still some newbies manage to win some too thanks to creativity and execution.

Re: Is the voting fair?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 14:56
by Emirillia
I wasn’t complaining because I lost, I’ve seen many outfits that are a hundred times better than mine so don’t go assuming that’s why I argued it wasn’t fair.

Re: Is the voting fair?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 15:03
by Annabelle Coco
I don't believe that's I've said that Emi.. You assume that I assumed :P I'm not really replying to whatever your argument may or may not be.. I'm not in your head. With respect, not every line is about you at all. OP states "some" people think not "Emi" thinks. My post is mostly about me and my experience with regards to forum contests 2 years into it versus when I was a newbie. That's my intent in any case, as I can only speak for myself and my own experiences/POV and insight.
I do hope you don't feel attacked or interpret things to be hidden hits directed at you when they really aren't at all hon, it's all good.

Re: Is the voting fair?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 15:15
by Emirillia
Annabelle Coco wrote:I think the "concerns" may come from people who have started participating in contests fairly recently? It takes time and hard work to start winning contests. It's not an overnight thing. When I was a newbie I participated in most contests and never won any for a very long time, none, but instead of saying "Oh it's not fair" I looked at what I could improve


As I said, I didn’t voice my “concerns” because I was losing.

Annabelle Coco wrote: I have never seen any reason to question the integrity of the judging whatsoever even back when I didn't win anything, nor now whether I win or not. I see that one of the players who voiced that concern only joined a few months ago, in January of this year.


My main “concern” was that about the Elsa winning a contest about fairytales when it’s a movie not a fairytale.

Re: Is the voting fair?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 15:19
by Annabelle Coco
Again I don't know what your concerns are or are not. Nor do I have opinions about them. And original post by Claudia says "some" people are concerned about fairness not "Emi" is concerned. You're not the only one. I'm not always talking about you hon, I have my own experiences to share.


Emirillia wrote:
Annabelle Coco wrote:I think the "concerns" may come from people who have started participating in contests fairly recently? It takes time and hard work to start winning contests. It's not an overnight thing. When I was a newbie I participated in most contests and never won any for a very long time, none, but instead of saying "Oh it's not fair" I looked at what I could improve


As I said, I didn’t voice my “concerns” because I was losing.


Emirillia wrote:I wasn’t complaining because I lost, I’ve seen many outfits that are a hundred times better than mine so don’t go assuming that’s why I argued it wasn’t fair.


Where did I write "Emi is questioning fairness of the jury because she lost"? That's not what I believe at all so...

Re: Is the voting fair?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 15:29
by Emirillia
Annabelle Coco wrote:I see that one of the players who voiced that concern only joined a few months ago, in January of this year. Trust me that within three months of joining I was NOWHERE near ready to be worth winning contests.

So because I’ve been on for three months and haven’t won I’m arguing it’s not fair?

Re: Is the voting fair?

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 15:34
by Annabelle Coco
Emirillia wrote:
Annabelle Coco wrote:I see that one of the players who voiced that concern only joined a few months ago, in January of this year. Trust me that within three months of joining I was NOWHERE near ready to be worth winning contests.

So because I’ve been on for three months and haven’t won I’m arguing it’s not fair?


Nope. Again I never said "Emi hasn't won so she argues it's not fair"... Just because I use your date as an example doesn't mean my post is about you, because it actually is not. As a matter of fact I have no idea whether you've won contests or not. I don't pay that much attention. lol I also don't know what your arguments are so I sure won't address what I don't comprehend. I feel like there's no point honestly, if you want to feel attacked go ahead but that wasn't the point of my post. I have no interest in arguing with you. I apologize if your feelings were hurt if they were. And if they weren't, good, because you were not the subject of my post, the subject was newbies vs later and what i've learned since. I think we're having two entirely different conversations.
Have a good day, sending love.