Is the voting fair?

You like one of the ladies or you think the clothes of another one don't match? Here is the place to gossip.

Do you trust forum staff judgement in picking winners fairly?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes : 21

Re: Is the voting fair?

Postby Red Queen » 17 Apr 2018, 15:35

Emirillia wrote:My main “concern” was that about the Elsa winning a contest about fairytales when it’s a movie not a fairytale.

Which contests are you referring to Emirillia?

For this post the author Red Queen was thanked by:
Annabelle Coco (17 Apr 2018, 15:37)
Rating: 1.2%

Red Queen
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 4024 times
National Flag:
South Africa

Postby Emirillia » 17 Apr 2018, 15:36

Bippity boppity boo
Lady: Emirillia
ID: 4462821
Emirillia
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 644 times
National Flag:
Australia

Postby Red Queen » 17 Apr 2018, 15:45

Red Queen
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
South Africa

Postby Emirillia » 17 Apr 2018, 16:01

Frozen is inspired by the fairy tale ‘The Snow Queen’ Elsa is not a character in that story
Emirillia
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
Australia

Postby Red Queen » 17 Apr 2018, 16:20

Let me point out again:

fairy tale
noun
a fairy story.
synonyms: folk tale, folk story, traditional story, myth, legend, romance, fantasy, fable, fiction; informal yarn
"the film was inspired by a fairy tale"
something resembling a fairy story in being magical, idealized, or extremely happy.
modifier noun: fairy-tale
"a fairy-tale romance"
a fabricated story, especially one intended to deceive.

Frozen may not have been a book or story when you and me where children, but 20 years from now girls and boys who are in their 30's will remember Frozen as a fairy tale.

We've got to keep up with the times :)
Red Queen
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
South Africa

Postby Emirillia » 17 Apr 2018, 16:34

When I’m in my 30’s I’m going to remember it as a movie, and if it being a movie (a fabricated story, resembling a fairy story in being magical, idealised or extremely happy) Doctor Strange, Harry Potter, Strange Magic, Barbie(some), Winx, Bratz(some) and Scooby-Doo(some) are fairytales.

For this post the author Emirillia was thanked by:
Red Queen (17 Apr 2018, 20:24)

Emirillia
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
Australia

Postby Red Queen » 17 Apr 2018, 19:32

Perhaps we could have a Scooby-Doo themed contest :D
Point is, Elsa looked awesome, she won. She's happy, you are unhappy. Yin and Yang. Perfect balance. And we can't keep all 24173 forum users happy, especially not the ones looking for a reason to be unhappy. :(
Red Queen
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
South Africa

Postby Lavenda » 16 Aug 2018, 19:29

May I present another point of view? One actually relating to the original question.

The everlong F2P vs P2W discourse.
F2P (free-to-play) players are almost always at a disadvantage to P2W (Pay-to-win) players. That is just how online games are. & every F2P who invests a lot of time in a game feels frustrated towards the F2P-P2W disparity. Since most aspects of the game are algorithmic-ally determined to put a determined F2P down. Think of FTV, Lady Podium, and apartment contests. Before the introduction of club talents and an enhanced wheel, P2Ws were the only ones who could get the 'charisma' talent and thus get more votes -- without much more effort. See how F2Ps feel at a disadvantage?

That's why they rejoice at forum contests. Forum contests, moderated and entirely chosen by humans (I hope!). No need to spend real life $$ to have a shot at winning.
Of course, there's never a real equal playing field and we all know this. The best and brightest clothes in every event always cost diamonds. The items that fit the contests' at times oddly-specific themes (does that make any sense?) more often than not cost diamonds.

F2Ps are mostly young players with hot tempers. They know they could most definitely make a better outfit with the aid of celebrity hairstyles, makeup, diamonds-exclusive clothes, the like. So they get angry when a high effort yet ugly by proxy (y'know what I mean) outfit loses to a medium effort but beautiful by diamonds outfit.

This creates a zero-criticism circlejerk zone.

My suggestion? Separating the two, or making contests exclusive to certain collections. For example: 'Only items that cost $$/emeralds allowed', 'only non-event items allowed', 'only diamond exclusive items allowed'. That would level the playing field a little bit? Perhaps. At the very least it lets new players know how much effort they would need to put in to achieve a certain style tier when being F2P/P2W.

Sorry for ranting. I play too many RPGs! Goodnight.
/end rant

For this post the author Lavenda was thanked by:
Goldilocks (30 Oct 2018, 17:57)

Lavenda

Have thanks: 50 times

Previous

Return to Gossip and Criticism