Insomnia

You like one of the ladies or you think the clothes of another one don't match? Here is the place to gossip.

Insomnia

Postby poliq » 18 Jul 2018, 06:37

Hello all. For the past year or so I've been having some pretty bad sleeping habits and after doing some research on the matter, I concluded that I have insomnia. Not officially though, since i haven't seen a doctor about it because I'm dumb so there's no true diagnosis yet, but the symptoms do match. Because of this, my sleep schedule is completely out of wack; pretty much nonexistent. For example, I'll go to sleep at like 5 or 6AM, wake up at like 12 or 1PM, end up taking a nap at around 7 or 8, wake up at like around 10ish and then be up for the rest of the night. Any one else suffer from insomnia or any other sleep disorders? Feel free to share your story(ies)!
poliq

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Insomnia

Postby Jessika » 26 Jul 2018, 10:57

Each person is different. But what has been shown to help is to turn off the cell phones and computers an hour or two before bedtime. The emitted blue light disrupts sleep. A bath or shower relaxes muscles that may be sore from work or exercise. Do not drink alcohol and stop caffeine consumption at least 4 hours before bed. Try to maintain a steady sllep schedule. Keep the windows open, so as to feel the slow wind. To avoid the noise, put a soft pair of good ear plugs so that your sleep don’t get disturbed. Invest in a nice, soft comfy pillow and mattress (here are some useful reviews https://sleepmentor.net/serta-perfect-sleeper-mattress-review/)Turning down, or off, lights helps your circadian rythym adjust and kick in the melatonin. Bedrooms are for sleeping, and occassionly getting lucky; no TVs, cell phones, or computers!
Jessika

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Gossip and Criticism