New and fair voting system for both LP and LP:FA

Here you can give your suggestions for changes in the game. Please think them over and include an inquiry.

Re: New and fair voting system for both LP and LP:FA

Postby detarja » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:44 pm

[quick note beforehand - maybe you wanna skip to the last paragraphs below 4.. this might clear things up and you don't need the rest.. ^^]

Being the author of the suggestion you've sadly not taking a liking to, I of course have to disagree - and I'd like to point out why..

ad 1)
I agree that this change (and probably all more drastic changes to the system) would take up quite some developer's time - however, I fail to see how this might affect the admins, them apparently being separate entities, maybe Kravko aside.. maybe you would care to elaborate here?

ad 2)
"Randomly selected" does mean "unevenly selected" on a daily basis, of course - but any system that picks stuff at random worth their money follows the laws of probability - which would, given a sufficient high amount of votes - result in a fair distribution again.
And no, I do not want to encourage conspiracy theories - however, I'm wondering if there is a realistic chance of getting rid of those.. I believe our chances for reducing spam are in fact better..

ad 3)
The way you put it, no, I wouldn't wanna change that. But I disagree about the premise, because to me, it just isn't like that. Maybe my misanthropic side gets the better of me here, but I can't help but wonder if a generic comment that's posted on dozens of different profiles, inviting me to vote for the comment's author is really a pat on the back for me, or is rather there to meet a different end.. you know what comments I'm happy about and feel like being patted? The ones that feel personal. The ones that might lead to a conversation. The ones I'm not immediately suspecting I'm being baited.
And the really awful thing about all these spammy, vote-begging comments and mails is that I now start to suspect more personal comments to stem from the very same foul root - and this, was and is precisely the reason I got myself involved into the whole matter, because I couldn't separate honest and nice comments from spam anymore.. and that just sucks.

ad 4)
This might be a problem, depending on the exact implementation by the devs. If one can look at the profiles offered to her before voting, she might try and reach someone from the list to get a price for her vote.. if the player has no way of knowing beforehand, there practically will be no market to speak of.
..wait a sec.. I just read your comment again, and I believe you have actually mistaken my initial suggestion.. maybe this would explain some of the other points before..

okay, let me elaborate.. the core of my suggestion is NOT to have a few ladies as "contenders" - every lady who wishes to do so should automatically be a contender (hence no increased workload for admins).
I am however suggesting, that your own votes, the votes you can give to others, are limited, and that you are not allowed to choose whom you vote for, but are presented - one profile at a time.

I just went over my original post and I might be able to see where this apparent misconception seems to be coming from.. so I'll go ahead and change the wording..

What do you think?

PS: Before I forget, ungrateful person that I am.. Thank you for taking the time to read and evaluate this, and present your answer, especially since it is (or, as I hope, wasn't) not in favour at all.. Thank you!
Personal Note: I want to free LP from vote-begging spam once and for all. Would you like to help? Please check this topic about a new (and hopefully more fair) voting system for both LP and LP:FA and give your thoughts or likes.. Thank you!
detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 142 times

Postby Nirvana » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:37 am

Couldnt agree more.
I love this idea.
And as for burdening the Administrators, that shouldnt be an issue if cleverly designed and developed. There shouldnt be a need for manual intervention (apart from the actual development ofc)- this process can be done systematically.

For this post the author Nirvana was thanked by:
MarvellQueen (Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:55 pm)
Rating: 1.2%

Nirvana

Have thanks: 704 times

Postby RaniaSpice » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Thank you for your participation, lady Nirvana.. :)
Personal Note: I want to free LP from vote-begging spam once and for all. Would you like to help? Please check this topic about a new (and hopefully more fair) voting system for both LP and LP:FA and give your thoughts or likes.. Thank you!
RaniaSpice
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 589 times

Postby Lady Drakharis » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Maybe have a group of judges selected to vote would work too. We wouldn't know who those judges would be. Each week choose a different group of ladies or gentlemen to judge.
The one week in Arena one of the ladies had a blank apartment nothing on the walls, nothing on thye floor and won 1st or second place that week and the lady who was number 10 that week had a beautiful apartment something you'd expect to find in magazines. So yes I agree it is unfair to a point. That was unfair she should have been in first place that week. I think for apartments you have to have at least "wallpaper" and flooring to be able to qualify that week to be voted for. As apartments go have a picture of the default room on the profile.

With style I say it's about individuality. If you combine florals with plaids and polka dots with clown make up and hippy shoes. I'm still going to give you the highest vote I can because you are expressing your own individual style you want for your lady. We all have our own idea of what we think is we wat to express for our ladies. Because you are expressing yourself no matter how
Lady Drakharis

Have thanks: 118 times

Postby RaniaSpice » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:05 am

Lady Drakharis wrote:Maybe have a group of judges selected to vote would work too. We wouldn't know who those judges would be. Each week choose a different group of ladies or gentlemen to judge.

What if those judges were only choosing their friends?
RaniaSpice
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby LucyKamui » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 pm

in reply to the OP,
i would also suggest removing the names of the ladies shown, so that there will be no way of telling which lady is which.

i don't think we should sign up in the voting system, but instead, a group of 50, 100 or so ladies, of the active ones in that day, hour, should be shown, and once lady wins all the trophies, she can be logged in 24/7 and she still won't appear - or if she appears, we won't be ale to vote for her anyways. this is how this contest is done in a different site i play.
the profile voting needs to go, like yesterday!!
LeLe from FA club: Fashion Wizard
LucyKamui

Have thanks: 513 times

Postby RaniaSpice » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:29 am

LucyKamui wrote:in reply to the OP,
i would also suggest removing the names of the ladies shown, so that there will be no way of telling which lady is which.

i don't think we should sign up in the voting system, but instead, a group of 50, 100 or so ladies, of the active ones in that day, hour, should be shown, and once lady wins all the trophies, she can be logged in 24/7 and she still won't appear - or if she appears, we won't be ale to vote for her anyways. this is how this contest is done in a different site i play.
the profile voting needs to go, like yesterday!!

I agree to the first and second paragraph.
But what does the third means?
RaniaSpice
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby LucyKamui » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:14 pm

rania: you refer to "the profile voting needs to go, like yesterday!!" ? it simply means we shouldn't have the voting system on the profile page. like the place were we place our votes, has to be removed. does this make more sense? ^^

having "unnamed" ladies shown to us, in a different system, we cant be sure who we're voting for, and the voting system can't be by-passed anymore with "max/vote for me/ visit my profile". plus the winning ladies will have much less votes.

For this post the author LucyKamui thanked: 2
micillina (Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:57 pm) • RaniaSpice (Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:07 am)
Rating: 2.41%

LucyKamui

Postby detarja » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:23 am

@LucyKamui
Thanks for taking your time to participate, much appreciated :)

An anonymous vote might be useful as well, although some ladies have quite the distinct look to them, and their buddies might be able to identify them more or less easy (especially with a quick look in the profile), but it might be an additional help..
detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 142 times

Postby LucyKamui » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:05 pm

you might be right, however, in order for the friends to spot her, the friends have to e online at the same with the lady. as i mentioned the selected ladies must be online in order to be shown to the other players that want to vote.

maybe if, during one week, we can vote for a single lady just once, for each contest then, it wouldn't really matter. what this means, is that if i have 7 friends, even if i coordinate with them to be online at the same time, we memorize the looks, each of us can only have 7 vote in the apartment contest, 7 in the catwalk and 7 for the other one. once we cast the votes, they're registered, and we wouldn't be able to come the next day to vote again for each other. does this make sense?
LucyKamui

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions