New and fair voting system for both LP and LP:FA

Here you can give your suggestions for changes in the game. Please think them over and include an inquiry.

New and fair voting system for both LP and LP:FA

Postby detarja » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:46 am

[Repost from Ladies' Talk forum, thanks @Arzosah - see original thread here]

I've always wondered how a single lady might possibly be able to amass that amount of votes and suspected something along the lines of 'voting groups' (or the 'voting mafia' - 'we have an offer you cannot..' and so forth ^^) for quite some time now..

Thus, I wholeheartedly agree with what was said above and would like to summarize it with my own two cents thrown into the mix..

Proposition for a new voting system in both LP and LP:FA

How does it work?
  • Voting from a lady's profile is no longer possible.
  • Instead, a queue of sorts is added, in which randomly selected ladies (more below) are presented to the voter, and she/he can either vote or choose not to.
  • Available ratings are from -2 to +3, modified by optional (premium) bonuses as before, and a new option 'don't vote'.
  • A maximum of x ladies per day is presented to a single player. To prevent 'gaming' the system, ladies that a player chose not to vote for count towards the daily max of votes.
  • The competitions' lengths stay as they are: weekly for podium, apartment and (in LP) pets, monthly for FTV.
  • In order to exclude inactive ladies from the competitions and to keep votings focused, players actively have to sign up for the next competition. The sign up-process starts a day prior to the next round of the competition and ends before the current round ends (at the latest when the sign up for the next term starts)
  • As before, once a lady wins all trophies in a competition, she will no longer be able to sign up for said competition.
  • (optional) include some sort of small reward in each competition's term for active voters. This reward should be tied to the amounts of votes given, again encouraging players to actively vote and hopefully help against exploiting the system by choosing not to vote for anyone not included in a 'voting group' *
  • (LP only) The pet-contest works in the same way as the other contests mentioned above.
  • (LP:FA only) In addition to the points above, voting in LP:FA costs lady dollars as before, increasing Generosity. This includes choosing not to vote for a lady, but this should not give generosity points in return. For this to stay in accordance with the other stats in LP:FA (which are not limited by a daily maximum), the maximum amount of daily votes should be modified by one of the following options:
      the maximum amount of votes per day is increased.
      the maximum amount of votes per day can be increased by paying a certain fee (lady dollars or emeralds/diamonds, not dissimilar to energy)
      the maximum amount of votes per day is removed altogether (price of each vote regulates the system)**
* Rewards should not be tied to the total amount of points that have been given, which would instead allow players to just give the maximum of points to every single lady in the queue to win one of the rewards, again diminishing the value of a style-oriented (instead of a popularity-oriented) system
** Personally, I'd choose this third option, as long as one of the other systems to prevent exploitation of the system (skipping ladies until one of a 'vote-group' comes up for instance) is in place.

Important note
A more thorough explanation on the process of selecting ladies to vote for - what I am suggesting is that every lady who wants to take part in the competition may do so - the 'pool' of contenders, so to speak, should not be limited. What would be limited in the above system is the amount of votes every player can _give_ on a daily basis, as well as the ability to hand-pick the ladies who whould be voted for (or against). Thus, it would be impossible for a small group of 'devotees' to push a single lady to the top and likewise penalize one of the other competitors, since they would be simply unable to choose whom to vote for.

Why would the developers and the community want that?

Community
The system proposed above holds a number of advantages that almost every player should be able to appreciate:
  • Reduction in pointless/generic comments and emails which only serve the purpose of generating votes
  • Equal baseline chances of receiving votes (and subsequently, a trophy/reward)
  • Increased chances of receiving positive votes based on effort put into personal styling/apartement design
  • Option to leave the competitions alone altogether and focus on other aspects of the game without being bothered by 'vote-beggars'

Developers
There's - in my opinion - even more in it for the devs (even if there are fewer points ^^)..
  • Reduction in support tickets, as much fewer reports of abuse or rule violations are to be expected, leaving more time for payment / ingame issues.
  • Increase in sales (popularity bonuses -> diamonds); ladies who did not partake in the competitions up to now because they felt like they didn't stand a chance anyways are probably going to give it a try with the obviously more 'fair' system above.
  • Competition is always a warrantor for turnover - sales would likely not only increase in directly related categories (bonuses, etc.), but also in other categories as clothes and styling options - after all, if a player wants to win a competition that is indeed - at least to some degree - based on style and looks, premium items offer ways of uniqueness and the certain 'it'-factor to win such a competition.

Final words
If you, dear reader, can at least relate to the problems mentioned above or think that a change is in fact due (even if you don't actually agree with the proposed solution), please give us a thanks or a comment below. Thank you!
Last edited by detarja on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Note: I want to free LP from vote-begging spam once and for all. Would you like to help? Please check this topic about a new (and hopefully more fair) voting system for both LP and LP:FA and give your thoughts or likes.. Thank you!

For this post the author detarja thanked: 24
fiki123 (Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:29 pm) • JunoTessa (Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:35 am) • LucyKamui (Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:46 pm) • RaniaSpice (Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:05 am) • sandhukirat (Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:55 am) • Sevda (Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 am) • silver_shadow2753 (Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:24 pm) • Snowhite (Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm) • sofyildor (Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:42 pm) • Zaryeh (Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 pm) and 14 more users
Rating: 29.27%

detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 142 times

Re: New and fair voting system for both LP and LP:FA

Postby RaniaSpice » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:00 am

Agreed. This also could decrease the based-on-friend-or-comments-voting and increase the based-on-style-and-fashion-voting. You know what i mean, right? ;)
Personal Note: I want to free LP from vote-begging spam once and for all. Would you like to help? Please check this topic about a new (and hopefully more fair) voting system for both LP and LP:FA and give your thoughts or likes.. Thank you!

For this post the author RaniaSpice thanked: 5
CATHYCARLEEN (Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:15 am) • CrazeyHoe (Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:36 pm) • kitkatlover (Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:33 am) • Sevda (Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 am) • silver_shadow2753 (Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:24 pm)
Rating: 6.1%

RaniaSpice
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 589 times

Postby detarja » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:26 am

I do ;)

For this post the author detarja thanked: 3
CATHYCARLEEN (Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:15 am) • RaniaSpice (Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:46 am) • Sevda (Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 am)
Rating: 3.66%

detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby Ms Lavanya » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:44 am

Very well thought out ideas for improvements to the game. Don't know if the developers are at all interested in major changes like this, but I hope they rethink how it is playing out right now. We have seen how they can introduce an entirely new event with rewards so don't think it would be too difficult to try out these excellent suggestions given here.

For this post the author Ms Lavanya was thanked by:
CATHYCARLEEN (Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:15 am)
Rating: 1.22%

Ms Lavanya

Have thanks: 52 times

Postby detarja » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:17 am

Thank you very much for your support, I really appreciate it..

and of course you're right - major changes don't spring from one nice post in the forums.. then again, I have found communication between both sides to be at least interesting here, so I thought I could just give it a shot..

as for the changes, I believe that despite them being massive, they would be quite in tone with the revamped challenge-system for LP:FA, in comparison to the 'old' system we're sort of carrying around right now.

Again, thank you for being interested ;)

For this post the author detarja was thanked by:
RaniaSpice (Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:39 am)
Rating: 1.22%

detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby RaniaSpice » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:06 am

Since the admins didn't read this topic, now spammers are on the podium.
And the report abuse button didn't work. :mad:
RaniaSpice
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby Arzosah » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:30 am

Administrators are not the ones in charge of making changes to the game structure, or even the rules.
Also, huge changes such as this which would affect the entire format of the game and the system by which it operates, would take a very long time to implement, not to mention a great deal of thought needs to go into viability and popularity. I believe only a very small number of players even visit the forums, which is quite sad, so it's difficult to know if most users would even be accepting of the changes.
Feel free to promote this topic to your in-game friends, and ask them to comment and contribute, so that the game developers really see how much support there is for it.
~Lady Arzosah
Arzosah
Community Contributor
Community Contributor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 204 times

Postby RaniaSpice » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 am

If that so, then I'd suggest for the report abuse button to be working! 1000 comments from spammers reported, yet they keep reach the podium? Completely confusing. :huh:

For this post the author RaniaSpice thanked: 2
Kennethrix (Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:19 pm) • Peys (Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:37 pm)
Rating: 2.44%

RaniaSpice
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby RaniaSpice » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:44 am

And their spams only said: "KIss .. I miss you !!" which is completely annoying. :mad:
RaniaSpice
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby VillowWhisper » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:35 am

I like the goal of this, and want it reached.

But this suggestion I do not like.

1) Too much administration, and admins are overburdened enough as it is.

2) "Randomly selected" also means "unevenly selected". We are going to get all sorts of conspiracy theories. "I havent been selected tor 4 months. Im sure it is because {insert admin or helper name here} pulled my lady out of the list".

3) For those who vote voting is (now) a fairly casual thing, a pat on the back saying "I like you and/or your getup". Do we really want to change that ?

4) This proposed system create a 'market' for votes. With only a few ladies allowed to vote each day, those few ladies can downright 'sell' their vote to the highest bidding 'I-gotta-win'-crazed contender in the race.

Sorry.

love Villow

For this post the author VillowWhisper thanked: 2
Peys (Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:38 pm) • QuinnFerrero (Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:01 pm)
Rating: 2.44%

VillowWhisper

Have thanks: 428 times

Next

Return to Suggestions