New Ads are Terrible

Here you can give your suggestions for changes in the game. Please think them over and include an inquiry.

New Ads are Terrible

Postby Anne2018 » 13 Dec 2018, 16:00

The new ads that are showing up on the left side and bottom of the screen are terrible for a couple of reasons.

1) You let us close out the bottom one but not the left one? Why? At least, if you're going to keep it there, let us close both of them if we don't care about the company being advertised.

2) The left side ad banner takes away from the aesthetics of the game. Like, big time. It makes it much less enjoyable. Like enough that if this is a regular thing where I cannot click an 'x' to remove the ad, I will not be buying diamonds anymore.

We already watch ads and do all kinds of spammy things for this game. Pushing the huge banner ads is a final straw for me. Please tell me that these banner ads are not here to stay. If they are, I'm losing my password and you will never get another ad view or dime from me.

For this post the author Anne2018 was thanked by:
Winter Violet (08 Jan 2019, 19:55)
Rating: 1.2%

Anne2018

Have thanks: 2 times

Re: New Ads are Terrible

Postby doe » 08 Jan 2019, 16:58

I don't like the side and bottom ads either, they're a real eyesore and even partially cover up some parts of the site that you actually need to see like your apartment, at least on my computer.

But I use an ad blocker and only turn it off when I watch daily ads for free emeralds, then I turn it back on right after I'm done lol.

Also, if anyone wants to try to lecture me about how important the ads are because they keep the game relatively free, please don't. Ads slow down my already slow computer significantly and I just don't like looking at them. :lipsrsealed: That's all there is to it
doe

Have thanks: 131 times

Postby Winter Violet » 08 Jan 2019, 20:00

For me, the ads completely slow down my ability to play the game. It takes way longer to refresh the screen, or to click onto another part of the game. It's so obnoxious and time-consuming.
Winter Violet
Winter Violet

Have thanks: 699 times

Postby Wax Storm » 08 Jan 2019, 20:41

Winter Violet wrote:For me, the ads completely slow down my ability to play the game. It takes way longer to refresh the screen, or to click onto another part of the game. It's so obnoxious and time-consuming.

I agree with what you said above, and might as well add the fact that sometimes I click on the bottom one when I want to write in club chat, therefore I get a new tab which I need to close and go back to LP one so I can go on with what my purpose was...And when you have a busy chat like mine that bottom add always creates issues like that because it doesn't load right after you open that page, it takes a second or two and appears when you click on chat box... Also they don't disappear when you buy ds (no matter the amount)
Wax Storm
id=116317
Wax Storm
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1338 times
National Flag:
United States

Return to Suggestions