Renting

Here you can give your suggestions for changes in the game. Please think them over and include an inquiry.

Renting

Postby CoraAudrey.com » 17 Jan 2021, 19:06

If you ask me, I am always striving to find the right clothes. I have not played for very long yet, so I am not so plentiful in clothing options. Or apartment furniture, for that matter.

I have noticed that many chat rooms (and clubs, such as mine) have dress-up contests that I was unable to find the right clothes for. These also include apartment contests sometimes. But not just for contests, I always feel like my outfits for engagement parties or weddings are not good enough.

So what if you could bargain with another player who has the perfect clothes? You could work out a deal with them! If you need to dress for an under-water theme and see that one lady has a mermaid outfit, you could ask them to rent this outfit to you for a certain amount of time. The longer you rent the clothes, the more you pay. It would solve a lot of my problems, especially in the beauty pageant theme.

I also wanted to include the option to rent from events, the mall, boutiques or collections. There should be two buttons at the top of each item, "Rent" and "Buy". The player can type in the time they would like to rent this item, and that will then give an automatic price.

This would run automatically; so when the bargain is made on the renting feature, the emeralds, diamonds, or cash from the renting lady's profile will be transferred automatically to that of the owner, and the clothes will be given back automatically on the set date and server time.

This way, even low-level, new ladies could have a chance in the pageant! I also think that if you are supposed to dress for something in the beauty pageant theme that you would not really want to spend so much money on, you could rent the clothes/furniture for less money. Please let me know what you think. ^_^
"People who jump to conclusions and realize their mistake too late, may look back and find themselves unable to return." - Me.
CoraAudrey.com

Have thanks: 12 times

Re: Renting

Postby Harmony » 18 Jan 2021, 00:38

I haven’t played for that long, just a little over a year for account age but actual play time is like 1/2 a year so I don’t have a lot of nice clothes for beauty pageant themes so I know how you feel

I my club doesn’t do contests and I have only been to 1 engagement since I started playing so that Doesn’t apply to me but I see how it can be useful in this situation

I like the idea of renting clothes from players since they usually have way nicer clothes than anything in the mall because of limited collections they were able to buy from before I started playing

Renting furniture would not work because it will mess up your room when it is time to return the item and mess up the renter’s room during the renting time

Renting from the mall would make a lot of players mad since some spend most of their time buying everything from the mall for fashion points

Unfortunately, there is also a downside to this idea...
* The rent price could be super expensive if it is for the player who you are trying to rent from to decide the rent price
* The total rent price could cost more than what the items are worth, which is bad if the item is not a limited edition item that isn’t possible to buy at the time of rent
* The owner of the item would not be able to use the item while it is being rented
* If not a high level player then if all the clothes are being rented out then you would have nothing to wear until your clothes are returned to you
* New players would not be able to afford the rent since they barely have any dollars, emeralds, or diamonds to spend on anything
* You get fashion points for buying the items but would not get them for renting the item from another player or store... Not that you should get fashion points for renting because it would be unfair to the player who is renting the items to you
* Etc...

From what has been said, it is probably better to buy the items yourself since the overall price is more affordable than the possible final rent price for the items being rented and there would be less complications to it to

This idea has potential but still needs to be worked on more to be a great feature for LP

For this post the author Harmony thanked: 2
CoraAudrey.com (29 Jan 2021, 13:26) • Wax Storm (19 Jan 2021, 17:09)
Rating: 2.41%

Harmony

Have thanks: 39 times

Re: Renting

Postby CoraAudrey.com » 29 Jan 2021, 13:25

I agree with you on most of what you posted, what I want considered is the fact that players would not be having their clothing up for rent (as in, a buy as in from the market, as all the clothing would be rented away if the renter is unlucky. I meant for private sales to profiles. Making the price fair would be up to the renter and of course, the buyer has the decision whether the clothing item is overpriced or not, especially considering he time.

Agree with you on the apartment that it would be hard, and with the mall, collections, events etc. would not always end up fair.

I have been trying to work out the downsides to this idea, my friends and I discussed some of them (okay, I have no idea what I was going to type, need a moment to reorganize my brain, it is 4:00 AM :p). Okay, not working... :wacko: <_<

Eventually, may be easier to leave the idea and move on with the game considering collections are re-appearing in the boutique and events are returning.

Veering off-track, but speaking of events returning, does anyone know when the puppy teleport is coming back? I had missed it last time, but I fell in love with that one pose... :wub:
"People who jump to conclusions and realize their mistake too late, may look back and find themselves unable to return." - Me.
CoraAudrey.com

Have thanks: 12 times

Return to Suggestions