Can't sign in with Google account/possible OAuth problem

If you notice any problems or bugs, here is the place to report them.

Can't sign in with Google account/possible OAuth problem

Postby doe » 07 Mar 2019, 02:55

I haven't been able to sign in with my Google account, which I used to create an LP account, since late last night. Whenever I click on the "g Login" icon the sign-in pop-up window loads in blank, closes, then the LP tab itself won't refresh and log me into the game.

I've tried deleting browser history/cache, disabling adblockers and other extensions, using a different device and browser (which ended up screwing with my PC upon uninstall and I've spent all day trying to fix it to no avail [thanks, Firefox!], but I digress), restarting my computer, reinstalling java, making sure I have cookies and site data enabled, and still no luck. I'm not a developer and my coding knowledge is very menial, but after some searching, I suspect that the problem lies within Google APIs OAuth 2.0, which basically lets you sign-up for and into websites using your google account instead of with a regular username and password. I've found a couple of posts on GitHub that sound a lot like the problem I'm having here and here.

If my suspicions are correct and this is all thanks to OAuth, is there anything I can do as just a user and not a LP dev? If not, I already emailed support so I hope this issue gets resolved soon. I'd be really devastated if I lost my account because of this.

I use Chrome on a Windows 7 64-bit, if this helps.

*3/7/19 UPDATE*: I just got word back from LP support. They said that the devs have been notified of this issue and are looking into it.

*3/8/19 UPDATE*: It's been fixed and I can sign in with my google account again!
Last edited by doe on 08 Mar 2019, 20:50, edited 2 times in total.

For this post the author doe thanked: 2
nina04 (08 Mar 2019, 23:26) • Trinity Starling (07 Mar 2019, 14:58)
Rating: 2.41%

doe

Have thanks: 126 times

Re: Can't sign in with Google account/possible OAuth problem

Postby Trinity Starling » 07 Mar 2019, 03:24

I have the SAME exact problem. I also use my google account to sign into the game and Google Chrome to play. I' used to sign in using the "g sign in" button but every time I click the button and choose my account, the tab itself does not change into my profile. I tried using Microsoft Edge, which didn't work either. When I choose my account from the sign-in window that pops up, it loads and then closes. Then I'm still stuck on the home page. The weird thing is that yesterday I was able to sign in without a problem! I am also still currently able to use my Google account to sign into other services.
Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

Trinity Starling

Have thanks: 502 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Wax Storm » 07 Mar 2019, 03:49

So try this: 1. log in game from www.ladypopular.com with your google credentials. If that doesn't work then,
2. Try log in on game from your facebooks. Like use your browser while logged in on your gmail account, open facebook and try it through facebook apps.

If none of those work I can't really help you anymore cause it will depend on the admins to find out more. :(
Wax Storm
id=116317

For this post the author Wax Storm was thanked by:
Trinity Starling (07 Mar 2019, 14:58)
Rating: 1.2%

Wax Storm
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1088 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby doe » 07 Mar 2019, 04:34

Wax Storm wrote:So try this: 1. log in game from http://www.ladypopular.com with your google credentials. If that doesn't work then,
2. Try log in on game from your facebooks. Like use your browser while logged in on your gmail account, open facebook and try it through facebook apps.

If none of those work I can't really help you anymore cause it will depend on the admins to find out more. :(

Oh my God, Wax Storm. You're a gd genius. Thank you so much! :shocked:

I sent a password reset link to my gmail, entered the keyboard smash username and new password they sent me, and BOOM, I was logged into my account again, no problem. I also changed the password to something I can actually remember. I considered trying this yesterday, but I thought it wouldn't work and would just end up registering a new account because oddly enough that happened when I tried to make a backup account using this method in the past.

But even though we've discovered a workaround, I really do hope they fix this soon because signing in with a randomly generated google username and password is a bit too convoluted for me, that's why I prefer the google account login option. It's more private, faster, and requires very little effort.

For this post the author doe thanked: 2
Trinity Starling (07 Mar 2019, 14:59) • Wax Storm (07 Mar 2019, 04:55)
Rating: 2.41%

doe

Postby doe » 07 Mar 2019, 04:57

Trinity Starling wrote:I have the SAME exact problem. I also use my google account to sign into the game and Google Chrome to play. I' used to sign in using the "g sign in" button but every time I click the button and choose my account, the tab itself does not change into my profile. I tried using Microsoft Edge, which didn't work either. When I choose my account from the sign-in window that pops up, it loads and then closes. Then I'm still stuck on the home page. The weird thing is that yesterday I was able to sign in without a problem! I am also still currently able to use my Google account to sign into other services.

*Insert joke about comrades or brothers in arms here* I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this! I thought that something was definitely wrong on my end for awhile. Be sure to try sending a password reset request to your gmail and log in with the username and password they give you because doing so worked for me!

For this post the author doe was thanked by:
Trinity Starling (07 Mar 2019, 14:59)

doe

Postby Trinity Starling » 07 Mar 2019, 05:20

Wax Storm wrote:So try this: 1. log in game from http://www.ladypopular.com with your google credentials. If that doesn't work then,

I logged into Facebook and it worked! Thanks so much, Waxi! Although, for the first part, I'm not sure what you mean by logging in w/ Google credentials. I tried to log in with Google and it still doesn't work. D: Anyways, at least Facebook works, lol.

Trinity Starling

National Flag:
United States

Postby Wax Storm » 07 Mar 2019, 05:32

Trinity Starling wrote:

I logged into Facebook and it worked! Thanks so much, Waxi! Although, for the first part, I'm not sure what you mean by logging in w/ Google credentials. I tried to log in with Google and it still doesn't work. D: Anyways, at least Facebook works, lol.

Google credentials- your google username/email and password for that, like you'd usually log in on the google account not LP ;)
Wax Storm
id=116317

For this post the author Wax Storm was thanked by:
Trinity Starling (07 Mar 2019, 05:35)

Wax Storm
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1088 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Trinity Starling » 07 Mar 2019, 05:36

Wax Storm wrote:
Trinity Starling wrote:

Google credentials- your google username/email and password for that, like you'd usually log in on the google account not LP ;)

Okay, thank you! Still not sure why Google isn't working... :mellow:

Trinity Starling

National Flag:
United States

Postby reneecford » 07 Mar 2019, 06:11

i can't sign in with my google account nor can i sign in with facebook. it logs me in to a new account at the beginning of the game. i tried to login just using my email address and password but when i went to set a new password, i received a message that said the user does not exist. i have had the same account for many years and i have no idea what to do. i'm having the same problem as the other players here but the workarounds are not working for me. any suggestions?
reneecford

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby nina04 » 07 Mar 2019, 09:21

The same to me. :(
nina04

Have thanks: 11 times

Next

Return to Bug Reports - International