Administrator
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 2105 times
National Flag:
United States

Re: Day 2

Postby HarshitaSingh » 03 Aug 2020, 16:43

But do you think it is safe for them to speak up? I guess they should just hint at our right or wrong assumptions without needing to reveal their identity, because we will be able to lynch one or two mafia and that too only if we reach majority, but at N2, the oracle receivers, they both will be surely targeted. So I suggest them to indirectly state their views and hint at the mafias
LADY NAME-Jahnabi Singh
LADY ID-5879668

https://v3.g.ladypopular.com/profile.php?id=5879668
HarshitaSingh
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 302 times
National Flag:
India

Postby ladyana » 03 Aug 2020, 16:46

The one with the dream please come forward.
It'll be perfectly safe because I'm sure the Oracle will not be sending you the dream everyday. So the Mafia have no reason to target you at all.. But if you're having second thoughts, we can always request the doc to protect you at night:) .

Ana Stacy
Lady ID: 6806506
PoshCulture

Visit me on LP!
:wub:

For this post the author ladyana was thanked by:
AndreeaG (03 Aug 2020, 16:57)
Rating: 1.2%

ladyana
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 702 times

Postby AndreeaG » 03 Aug 2020, 16:56

HarshitaSingh wrote:But do you think it is safe for them to speak up? I guess they should just hint at our right or wrong assumptions without needing to reveal their identity, because we will be able to lynch one or two mafia and that too only if we reach majority, but at N2, the oracle receivers, they both will be surely targeted. So I suggest them to indirectly state their views and hint at the mafias

You don't get it. I am not asking the oracle to reveal himself, but the receiver is chosen each night, so it is random. The one that receive has no powers, is not beyond a regular townie at all. It is like a one time thing. Like I may be wrong but from what I have read there is not any direct relationship between oracle and the receiver. (corect me Wax if I am wrong) I think it may be exact like the doctor and patient thing *except now the receiver of this benefit has some info we want*

Let's say A player is the oracle.
N1- A sends dream to B
N2- A sends dream to C
N3- A sends dream to D
etc.

Makes sense? So after thinking more about it I dont think it is dangerous for the receiver of the dream to reveal itself and the info he got. And the advantage overweights any possible danger.

The oracle - NO! however you are, just dont do it, keep your identity secret, you are too important
e+e=2e

e=2.71828182846

Andr5.43656365692a

{id}5454201

For this post the author AndreeaG was thanked by:
HarshitaSingh (03 Aug 2020, 17:18)

AndreeaG
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 821 times
National Flag:
Romania

Postby Carla@Ananya » 03 Aug 2020, 17:15

About the Oracle, we know this much:
1. The Oracle is obviously a townie.
2. The player can send “Dreams” about player X to Player Y. This makes it similar to a cop, so I’d suggest the Townie who holds the Oracle role to not reveal herself.
3. Assuming that the Oracle can send the Dreams to anyone she likes, she must have sent it to a player she thought was a sure townie. (Now, I’m not saying she definitely sent it to a Townie, but she would want to, since she is herself pro-town).
4. I’m also assuming that the Oracle can see the Dream herself.

Now, there are two possibilities.
1. The player X is a townie.
2. The player X is a scum.

So, if a townie player gets the Dream stating possibility 1 or 2, she can safely state that. And, the player who is the Oracle can confirm the statement of the townie. (By this, I don’t mean confirm to us, but to herself, since if she posts “This townie is saying the truth”, she basically reveals her role).

A scum can do two things.
1. Stay silent. (We can’t do much if they choose this)
2. Try to convey the wrong info to us. (I’ve elaborated this down below)
If a scum gets the Dream stating possibility 1, it depends upon her whether she’d speak the truth or lie. If she lies, then the Oracle would know that that player is a scum, since she lied. If the scum gets possibility 2, then she’s got to lie (obviously). In this way, we’d get to know the identity of 2 scums.

Now, it is up to us, how we would form our strategy to weed out scums before the Oracle dies. (Since the mafia are going to target two people every night, there is a chance that the Oracle might die on N2 itself. So, if you’re a townie who got the Dream, speak up!)
You have to look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then will your true self reveal itself.
Whatever it takes...
Lady Carla, Club Magic
ID:6718382

For this post the author Carla@Ananya thanked: 2
AndreeaG (03 Aug 2020, 17:56) • HarshitaSingh (03 Aug 2020, 17:20)
Rating: 2.41%

Carla@Ananya
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 599 times
National Flag:
India

Postby AnnNoor » 03 Aug 2020, 17:21

The oracle should not say its role to anyone, but if you are a townie that got the dream you should speak about it and warn us. Because now when we are 12 and we don't know how many are mafias we maybe outnumbered and we should act. For Q i even said in day 1 that she is suspicious but i will try to read the thread more carefully to see whats going on.
AnnNoor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 512 times

Postby HarshitaSingh » 03 Aug 2020, 17:23

Sounds pretty right. I thought that the oracle is just a message sent to any two players, and they both are permanent, Sorry I should have looked into the role a lot more thoroughly. So the two please speak up, there is no advantage in staying quiet, if you are a scum, its up to you what to do
Screw you mafias!!! :cursing:
LADY NAME-Jahnabi Singh
LADY ID-5879668

For this post the author HarshitaSingh was thanked by:
AndreeaG (03 Aug 2020, 18:36)

HarshitaSingh
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
India

Postby Undead Elaine » 03 Aug 2020, 18:01

ClaudiaM25 wrote:
I think Stella might be indeed the serial killer and Q the mafia who wrote that testimonial?!

Interesting how Andreea and Forme didn't vote for stella and only did for Q then.....[/quote]

I only seen real-ish proof of Q and I wanted to make sure I got to vote so put my vote now since I know I can always change it later and I feel the line I know Q said after me and others voted her that the proof provided wasn't done by her but there was no proof to her statement and the original proof showed it as true

now that everyone is on here again it is once again hard for me to keep up I am only on page 11 of reading to get caught up again can someone maybe do a gist of what has been said on the remaining pages I only have a few minutes each time I get on here and I wanted to be more active any of the rest of the days for this
UNDEAD ELAINE
id=5521625

Club Diamond Divas
Looking for active members to join
Undead Elaine
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor

Have thanks: 101 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby AndreeaG » 03 Aug 2020, 18:31

Carla@Ananya wrote:About the Oracle, we know this much:
1. The Oracle is obviously a townie.
2. The player can send “Dreams” about player X to Player Y. This makes it similar to a cop, so I’d suggest the Townie who holds the Oracle role to not reveal herself.
3. Assuming that the Oracle can send the Dreams to anyone she likes, she must have sent it to a player she thought was a sure townie. (Now, I’m not saying she definitely sent it to a Townie, but she would want to, since she is herself pro-town).
4. I’m also assuming that the Oracle can see the Dream herself.

Now, there are two possibilities.
1. The player X is a townie.
2. The player X is a scum.

So, if a townie player gets the Dream stating possibility 1 or 2, she can safely state that. And, the player who is the Oracle can confirm the statement of the townie. (By this, I don’t mean confirm to us, but to herself, since if she posts “This townie is saying the truth”, she basically reveals her role).

A scum can do two things.
1. Stay silent. (We can’t do much if they choose this)
2. Try to convey the wrong info to us. (I’ve elaborated this down below)
If a scum gets the Dream stating possibility 1, it depends upon her whether she’d speak the truth or lie. If she lies, then the Oracle would know that that player is a scum, since she lied. If the scum gets possibility 2, then she’s got to lie (obviously). In this way, we’d get to know the identity of 2 scums.

Now, it is up to us, how we would form our strategy to weed out scums before the Oracle dies. (Since the mafia are going to target two people every night, there is a chance that the Oracle might die on N2 itself. So, if you’re a townie who got the Dream, speak up!)

I couldnt have said it better! Bravo Carla!

one thing though: from this source https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=The_Oracle I am not convinced he can see it itself-

QUESTION FOR WAX: Can Oracle see the dream himself? Or only the receiver of the dream?

Thanks!
e+e=2e

e=2.71828182846

Andr5.43656365692a

{id}5454201

For this post the author AndreeaG was thanked by:
Carla@Ananya (03 Aug 2020, 20:08)

AndreeaG
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 821 times
National Flag:
Romania

Postby HarshitaSingh » 03 Aug 2020, 18:37

If the dream is sent to one of the scums, then our bad, the mafias will know who the oracle is and she will be surely targeted at N2
LADY NAME-Jahnabi Singh
LADY ID-5879668

HarshitaSingh
Mafia Survivor
Mafia Survivor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext