How to edit photos

You are new to the game/forum and you don't know how to tackle things? Here is a start point. If your question doesn't have the answe here, feel free to post a question the "Ask a Question" section

How to edit photos

Postby zmaya » 05 Jan 2012, 20:55

Hello, ladies!

There are different forum games in which you need to edit photos. Right now there is one where you need to make a collage photo so I will make here few simple instructions. If anyone has good skills with photo editing programs feel free to post instruction here.

Instructions don't have to be just for contests. I am sure lot of ladies still have problems with reducing sizes of their avatars or taking photos of their apartments,...

If you make step by step instructions feel free to add as much photos as you like to your post. Also, add a topic to your post. ;)
zmaya
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 274 times

Re: How to edit photos

Postby zmaya » 05 Jan 2012, 21:16

How to make collage photo in few simple steps :)

OK, this is probably the simplest way without actually editing or adding some special effect to the photo.

1st Pick your background photo and save it to your PC (right mouse click Save image as) :D

harley-davidson-black.PNG

2nd Save the photo of your lady to a PC :)

3054_2012_01_05_20_49_37.png

3rd Open both your lady photo and the background photo in some photo editing program. Select the area around your lady and copy paste is to the background photo. Or set the first photo as background.

In standard Windows programs:

Select your lady and click copy (look at the photo to see where is select tool in the Microsoft photo editor):

step03.PNG

Open the background photo and paste:

harley-davidson-black03.PNG

This is the simplest way and with programs you have in your Windows pack. For editing in some later posts. Now I don't have enough time. Everyone is welcome to add more. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zmaya
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 274 times

Postby Viks » 07 Jan 2012, 03:33

FelisaRockoza wrote::-< can u plz describe more detail 4 us to understand. "Open both your lady photo and the background photo in some photo editing program. Select the area around your lady and copy paste is to the background photo. Or set the first photo as background"<<<< I do exactly what u said but it doesnt work.There's always a white range around my lady when i copy n paste into my background picture-I think it suppose to be clean like ur last picture.Plz rep asap cuz i really want 2 join "January Ecology".Thanks for ur help

Hello, what's the format of the picture you saved on your PC? If it's a .png pic of your lady, you shouldn't have any problems with it.
For example, here's a pic of my lady:
muffinator.png

Then I'm opening this image with Photoscape

Editor -> Object -> Photo
Add the one you want, position it as you wish, you can change its size as well and just save it. It's very easy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tall guys with black hair and blue eyes, THANK YOU that you exist ;D

For this post the author Viks thanked: 4
angieb1997 (03 Feb 2013, 15:33) • CATHYCARLEEN (10 Nov 2013, 17:43) • FelisaRockoza (08 Jan 2012, 10:45) • lami112 (27 Feb 2012, 09:03)
Rating: 4.82%

Viks
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 512 times

Postby Viks » 07 Jan 2012, 16:45

Viks
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby pinnnky » 04 Feb 2012, 17:50

can u please describe about taking a photo of your apartment??? :biggrin:
i'M NoT aRgUiNg ,I'M eXpLaInInG wHy I'M cOrReCtImage

For this post the author pinnnky was thanked by:
CliffMiller (28 Nov 2014, 04:53)
Rating: 1.2%

pinnnky
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 705 times

Postby Viks » 04 Feb 2012, 21:07

pinnnky wrote:can u please describe about taking a photo of your apartment??? :biggrin:

Check this topic :) viewtopic.php?f=14&t=574&start=20

For this post the author Viks was thanked by:
CATHYCARLEEN (10 Nov 2013, 17:43)

Viks
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby new » 12 Feb 2012, 21:49

thank you

For this post the author new was thanked by:

new

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby VillowWhisper » 28 Jun 2012, 20:11

Another way to avoid 'white edges' like that is to make sure NOT to change the size of you lady's picture. when you change size pixels that are transparent background gets merged with pixels that are not and you get such a line of nearly-white pixels on her 'outer edge'.

We can see it happened also to zmaya in the original post.

Instead re-size of the background photo the other way so it fits with the size of your lady, merge the pictures, and finally re-size the merged picture back to the original size of the background. You loose a little bit of resolution in the background image, so do not do it more often than necessary, but even windows Paint can do this and give nice picture.

love Villow

For this post the author VillowWhisper was thanked by:

VillowWhisper

Have thanks: 428 times

Postby Viks » 30 Jun 2012, 14:16

VillowWhisper wrote:Another way to avoid 'white edges' like that is to make sure NOT to change the size of you lady's picture. when you change size pixels that are transparent background gets merged with pixels that are not and you get such a line of nearly-white pixels on her 'outer edge'.

This happens when you're using lame programs. Nowadays there are plenty of useful and simple programs that can give you a nice result when it comes to any kind of artwork.
Changing the background's size, so it can fit the lady's original image, isn't the best option imo. I'd rather do it the way I showed in my previous post, than scrolling up and down to make sure it looks acceptable.

Regarding Paint, I don't believe in it as much as I believe in the saying "The day MS makes something that doesn't suck, is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners." :]
Viks
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Return to How to?