Fashion Machine - Playing Guide

Something is not clear to you and you have a question? We are here to answer.

Fashion Machine - Playing Guide

Postby detarja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:03 am

Hello everyone!

Fashion Machine is Lady Popular: Fashion Arena's (LP:FA) newest gimmick, and while it's decidedly entertaining (and addictive ^^), the whole plethora of buttons and options might be overwhelming at first.. so I decided to write a quick guide about the Fashion Machine, how to play, some of my observations, and hope that this might be useful for some of you..

The Basics

At first, let's take a look at the screen and some of the controls, then I'll dig into some of the stuff listed..

FM_01.jpg
  1. This is our button to start the game as a whole.
  2. Here are the components listed that you already won
  3. This is the actual playing field, consisting of five rows and five columns
  4. A small diagram of possible scoring combinations
  5. The amount of jokers you currently possess
  6. The big spinning-button
  7. A single row of five with the numbers from your current spin (sometimes called 'reels')

With that being said, here's some general rules and facts about how to play the game

The rules itself are rather simple. Your goal is to mark numbers in the playing field (3), resulting in one or more of the combinations listed under (4). For every combination you manage to put together, you're rewarded a random component (listed under (2)), from which you can later craft unique pieces of clothing, furniture, pet clothing or VIP-items. Yes, more than one component per game is more than just possible.
After starting the game, you get to spin the numbers. If one of the numbers that appear in the row (7) are part of your playing field (3), you get to mark them by simply clicking on the number (on the playing field ^^). Once all the numbers are matched, the Spin-button (6) gets unlocked and you get to do another round.

Jokers can act like wild cards. If you had a Joker of any kind before starting the game, the option to get one of that type is available for the entire length of the current game. If a Joker shows up on your reels, you get to pick any number for free. The silver Jokers (called Mini-Jokers) let you pick one number from the column in which they appeared, while the gold ones (the Super-Jokers) let you pick any number on the playing field.
If you're still confused, check out the walkthrough that starts in the next post ^^

Facts & the not-so-Basics

• You get one free game every day, every additional game costs you 3 diamonds.
  • Each game lets you spin five times for free - but because that might not be enough, you can buy more spins by investing either money (300$ per spin), one point of energy or one diamond. If you wanna play completely for free, make sure you have some dollars and energy left which will bring you up to 11 spins per game for (almost) free!
  • The game stays consistent even if you do something else in the meantime. You have to quick-check something else or do some quick challenges because your energy is full? Nevermind, just go and do that, your game will be exactly how you left it. Be careful about midnight (GMT+1), though, when the game starts a new day..
  • The game features numbers from 1 to 75
  • each column has a possible range of 15 numbers - column 1 from in between 1 and 15, column 2 from in betwen 16 and 30 and so forth
  • The numbers that appear on the reels can only be found in their own column, not in different ones.
  • The Spin-Button is locked as long as you can still pick a number on the field, be it because of a regular number or a Joker. Nice feature.
  • As soon as your regular free spins are gone, the big button is replaced by three smaller ones for investing money, energy or diamonds. The buttons for money and energy show a small number on top, displaying how many spins you can still get by using this sort of ressource.
  • As long as you still got free spins, the 'Start new game'-button (1) is disabled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by detarja on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personal Note: I want to free LP from vote-begging spam once and for all. Would you like to help? Please check this topic about a new (and hopefully more fair) voting system for both LP and LP:FA and give your thoughts or likes.. Thank you!

For this post the author detarja thanked: 3
AuroraLuna (Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:54 pm) • azuri88 (Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:45 pm) • PurpleBondGirl (Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:15 pm)
Rating: 3.61%

detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 143 times

Re: Fashion Machine - Playing Guide

Postby detarja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 am

Walkthrough

Okay, so let's do a quick little walk through a single game.. the numbers in brackets reference to the numbers in the first picture, which is the same as featured in the opening post..

FM_01.jpg

We basically start with clicking the 'Start new game'-button (1) on top of the frame. This unlocks the Spin-Button (6) and presents us with a fresh playing field where no fields are checked.

After hitting the Spin-button (6) for the first time, we get something like this..

FM_02.jpg

Notice how the Spin-button (6) is disabled now so you can't click it? That is because we actually get to pick numbers on the playing field (3), a nice little precaution by the developers..

So we start by clicking the 10 in the first column of the playing field (3)..

FM_03.jpg

..which brings out our first smiley of the game. Yay! ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by detarja on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

For this post the author detarja was thanked by:
PurpleBondGirl (Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:15 pm)
Rating: 1.2%

detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby detarja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:07 am

And there's more! Numbers 25 and 33 in columns 2 and 3 respectively are also a hit!

FM_04.jpg

..and we're still not done yet. There's a silver Joker on the reels, which allows us to pick any number in the column in which it appeared. Since I already have three boxes in the third row, I'll use my Joker to make it four.

FM_05.jpg

That was a nice first round. Notice how the Spin-button (6) in the picture got bright and unlocked again? Now it's time for our next spin..

FM_06.jpg

this wasn't quite as successful as the first one, but still nets us yet another box on the field in row 4, column 2.

PurpleBondGirl (Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:17 pm)

detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby detarja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:09 am

Fast forward, two more spins award me my first completed row. Notice how the column is marked in the top right corner on the "How to play"-thinggy (4).

FM_07.jpg

The last free spin brings yet another box and the option of doing more spins with money and energy..

FM_08.jpg

..which I'll of course gladly take ^^ a few spins later..

FM_09.jpg

..we got some more boxes marked and a golden 'Super'-Joker, which allows us to pick any cell on the playing field! Oh, and another Mini-Joker as well. Neat!

PurpleBondGirl (Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:16 pm)

detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby detarja » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:11 am

So first, the Mini-Joker.. which goes into the fourth row (and, since it appeared on the fifth column, in that column as well).

FM_10.jpg

..and then, the Super-Joker. Notice, how the 47 is lit up? that's because my mouse cursor is over it, of course, because I am going to click it, finishing another combination! ^^

FM_11.jpg

And lastly, two more quite successful spins later..

FM_12.jpg

We get yet another combination completed, resulting in a total of 3 new components! Not too bad for a single day, is it?

I could've gone on at this point, investing some diamonds and stuff, but the chances of getting a matching number get slimmer with every box marked, since the numbers you already matched can still appear on the reels.. so I didn't ^^

I hope you enjoyed this walkthrough, if you got any further questions, words of encouragement, corrections, criticism, please feel free to post!
Personal Note: I want to free LP from vote-begging spam once and for all. Would you like to help? Please check this topic about a new (and hopefully more fair) voting system for both LP and LP:FA and give your thoughts or likes.. Thank you!

For this post the author detarja thanked: 2
Lady Drakharis (Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:56 am) • PurpleBondGirl (Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:16 pm)
Rating: 2.41%

detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby RaniaSpice » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:12 am

Wow! Thank you, lady detarja!! I'm quite crazy about the game before - I thought the 3 options (which are 300 dollars, 1 energy, or 1 diamond) are prize I must choose before.. So of course i click the 1 diamond button, but I don't have any diamonds, so it says "Not enough diamond" which really make me confused.. Thank you for the guide!! I see you are so lucky... ^_^

For this post the author RaniaSpice was thanked by:

RaniaSpice
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 590 times

Postby LucyKamui » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:44 pm

thanks for this... should have seen it sooner :/
LeLe from FA club: Fashion Wizard
LucyKamui

Have thanks: 513 times

Postby detarja » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Only been here since yesterday.. ;)
detarja
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Postby bleeding_vanilla » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:04 pm

hello my lovely Warrioress!long time no see.....what I really -lets say -hate about this game is the fact I can not understand the way the "elements" pop up....has anybody figured out what rows to complete so the elements needed for clothes to be the ones given?

For this post the author bleeding_vanilla was thanked by:

bleeding_vanilla

Have thanks: 464 times

Postby azuri88 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:41 am

hah i'm wondering exactly the same but i somehow guess it's random or maybe not? hmm
Lady Popular: Azuri88
Fashion Arena: Azuri
azuri88
Community Contributor
Community Contributor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1565 times

Next

Return to Ask a Question