Fashion Machine is Lady Popular: Fashion Arena's (LP:FA) newest gimmick, and while it's decidedly entertaining (and addictive ^^), the whole plethora of buttons and options might be overwhelming at first.. so I decided to write a quick guide about the Fashion Machine, how to play, some of my observations, and hope that this might be useful for some of you..
At first, let's take a look at the screen and some of the controls, then I'll dig into some of the stuff listed..
With that being said, here's some general rules and facts about how to play the game
The rules itself are rather simple. Your goal is to mark numbers in the playing field (3), resulting in one or more of the combinations listed under (4). For every combination you manage to put together, you're rewarded a random component (listed under (2)), from which you can later craft unique pieces of clothing, furniture, pet clothing or VIP-items. Yes, more than one component per game is more than just possible.
After starting the game, you get to spin the numbers. If one of the numbers that appear in the row (7) are part of your playing field (3), you get to mark them by simply clicking on the number (on the playing field ^^). Once all the numbers are matched, the Spin-button (6) gets unlocked and you get to do another round.
Jokers can act like wild cards. If you had a Joker of any kind before starting the game, the option to get one of that type is available for the entire length of the current game. If a Joker shows up on your reels, you get to pick any number for free. The silver Jokers (called Mini-Jokers) let you pick one number from the column in which they appeared, while the gold ones (the Super-Jokers) let you pick any number on the playing field.
If you're still confused, check out the walkthrough that starts in the next post ^^
Facts & the not-so-Basics
- You get one free game every day, every additional game costs you 3 diamonds.
- Each game lets you spin five times for free - but because that might not be enough, you can buy more spins by investing either money (300$ per spin), one point of energy or one diamond. If you wanna play completely for free, make sure you have some dollars and energy left which will bring you up to 11 spins per game for (almost) free!
- The game stays consistent even if you do something else in the meantime. You have to quick-check something else or do some quick challenges because your energy is full? Nevermind, just go and do that, your game will be exactly how you left it. Be careful about midnight (GMT+1), though, when the game starts a new day..
- The game features numbers from 1 to 75
- each column has a possible range of 15 numbers - column 1 from in between 1 and 15, column 2 from in betwen 16 and 30 and so forth
- The numbers that appear on the reels can only be found in their own column, not in different ones.
- The Spin-Button is locked as long as you can still pick a number on the field, be it because of a regular number or a Joker. Nice feature.
- As soon as your regular free spins are gone, the big button is replaced by three smaller ones for investing money, energy or diamonds. The buttons for money and energy show a small number on top, displaying how many spins you can still get by using this sort of ressource.
- As long as you still got free spins, the 'Start new game'-button (1) is disabled.