She told me she loves me. I’m not ready. Advice?

Something is not clear to you and you have a question? We are here to answer.

She told me she loves me. I’m not ready. Advice?

Postby jacob143 » 10 Jan 2018, 01:30

I’m in a situation where I should be over the moon but I’m not. Well, I don’t really know how I feel. The story goes like this. My girlfriend and I were talking over the phone last night when out of the blue she just dropped the “Love” word on me. She told me she loved me and I got caught off guard. My response was “you too,” just something cordial so I could give a response at that very moment. She didn’t seem to mind, though.
We’ve only been together for six months. My friend went on a romance tour and I tagged along as a tourist. While he was at this event, I went out and eventually met this girl. We had a lot of fun together and we kept communicating even after I left. That’s how we got together. It’s quite a sweet story for me, to be honest. However, no matter how sweet this is, this still doesn’t mean that I already love her. It could lead to that but not now.
I’m afraid to tell her that I’m still not on that level yet because she might get upset. Do I have to say the L word too even if I don’t really mean it? Won't that be even worse than not saying it at all? I think I can dodge her for a while but I know eventually I would have to explain why I'm not saying I love you back. I'm confused here. I need some advice.
jacob143

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: She told me she loves me. I’m not ready. Advice?

Postby ReginaSnake » 12 Jan 2018, 16:57

Just tell her the truth. Anything but that will lead her on and in the end when you finally have to tell her it would hurt her even more.
ReginaSnake

Have thanks: 31 times

Return to Ask a Question