Chapter 6. The family rebellion

Chapter 6. The family rebellion

Postby ClaudiaM25 » 06 Nov 2019, 12:36

The decision Osman had to take was hard, but he needed to do it!!
He needed to get rid once and for all of the ones that didn't obey him and wanted his throne! Especially after all the rumors that got to his ears...

But what did they do to deserve this harsh sentence?

What do you think the mean relatives did in order to attempt to the throne? An unsuccessful attempt, luckily...this time!

End date: 11.11.2019 08:00 server time

For this post the author ClaudiaM25 thanked: 7
bearavocados (07 Nov 2019, 06:52) • Eva Adamova (10 Nov 2019, 15:04) • Loca Luna (06 Nov 2019, 22:17) • nefeliethan (06 Nov 2019, 12:38) • Red Queen (06 Nov 2019, 15:51) • Thyriah (06 Nov 2019, 15:22) • Trinity Starling (06 Nov 2019, 20:37)
Rating: 8.43%

ClaudiaM25
Community Contributor
Community Contributor
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 3724 times
National Flag:
Romania

Re: Chapter 6. The family rebellion

Postby Trinity Starling » 06 Nov 2019, 18:47

*Six months before the sultan's coronation*

Princess Annara paced around the grand hall. Her mind ran like a wild horse as she thought of her father's oncoming choice of who next to be sultan. There's got to be something more I can do! Ever since Osman returned, father has stuck by his side like glue. she thought. But, there was something...

*Two months before the sultan's coronation*

The sultan's health was failing him, and he still hadn't made a decision! Oh, Annara thought, I've really got to win over father's heart now. Ever since Osman came back, she had been doing her best to avoid her siblings' fighting, for that was not what the sultan wanted to see in his predecessor. Indeed, Annara had been her father's favorite child -- studious, gentle, compassionate -- a perfect choice, perhaps. But, evidently, there was more to be done. Annara wasn't going to sit back and watch Osman be crowned, not when she still had a key to her father's heart and soul.

*One month before the sultan's coronation*

"Annara," Osman called out.
"Wh-- Osman!" she replied, startled, "What are you doing here?"
"I need to ask you something."
Annara's eyes narrowed, sensing he would come to banter with her about her father's still unmade choice. "I suppose you've come to let me know I'll have to bow down to you as you're crowned? Well let me tell you something..."
"No, no!" Osman interrupted, "I have come to propose an alliance."
"An alliance?!" Annara was shocked, but also wary, of this new idea. Her two sisters -- Bahar and Iman -- as well as her brother, Gündüz, had been eyeing her every move to make sure she didn't jeopardize their chances at the throne. But she liked the idea of an alliance to level the field. "What kind of alliance?"
"One where we are equals. One where both of us can embrace new possibilities for our futures."
"One where you become sultan and I sit idly by?"
"No. Father, of course, can only officially choose one sultan, but whichever one of us chooses, I can promise you we will rule as one."
"One of us?" Annara was skeptical, "You think our brother and sisters don't have their chances at the throne too?"
Osman let out a chuckle. "You think they haven't been bickering too much to even notice our father?"
"But still, father could see their determination as a good quality for a ruler. I don't know what he thinks about my quietness."
Osman sympathized with his sister. "Our father would never choose any of them. Don't you see the way he looks at them sabotaging each other?" he whispered.
Indeed, Annara thought, Osman is right. Father would never choose such scheming little devils to become the next sultan. But I might still have a chance. "Alright," Annara proclaimed. "We've got a deal: we work together to make sure none of our siblings have the advantage and that either of us may rule officially, but the other does so as well."
"Good. I knew you'd come around! Now, I think we both know that none of those who are violent and greedy may become the next sultan. But what about the two of us?"
"We can't just stand around! Wooing father won't work well either. Believe me, I've tried. We've got to think bigger."
"I've got a plan! So, let's begin." Osman's eyes lit up.

*One week before the sultan's coronation*

The sultan's children chattered among themselves nervously. The sultan had announced his intent to name the next sultan, but who would it be? Just then, the sultan came in. All the children bowed to him and he motioned for them to be at rest.
"I know it has been a very long, agonizing few months, for me and for all of you. But you'll be glad to know it has come to an end, as I must now hand over the title of sultan to one of my children."
Excitement loomed in air. Annara was sure it was going to be her, for she had done more for her father than Osman had outside of their alliance.
"It is with great pride that I name the next sultan as Osman!"
Suddenly, the children -- Annara included -- went into a frenzy. They had all schemed and fought and prayed so much to ensure their place at the throne. But it had all been in vain. At least one of them didn't get the throne. But what about me? She over at Osman, who was being showered with attention. So much for an alliance, she thought. Look at him! Bragging about how he was to be the greatest ruler the world had ever seen! I knew he would forget. So I can too...

*At the sultan's coronation*

All the noblemen and women from the court arrived in their best clothes to see the sultan's coronation. Finally, the day had come. Osman, dressed in golden fabric, walked slowly down the aisle where the royal treasures waited for him. Where Annara waited. This is my last chance! I have to make a move now to make sure I have the throne. When Osman came down, Annara suddenly tensed up, but regained her senses. She took the jeweled scepter at her left and suddenly, with great force, sent it reeling across the room, where it made a dent in the palace wall and shattered like broken glass. The crowd was still in a shock after what they'd seen. Now that one of the royal treasures had been broken, a new sultan could never be crowned!
"Annara! I should've known!" Osman cried.
"Yes, you should've know to uphold our alliance."
"You had been scheming against me all along, hadn't you?"
"Haven't you been doing the same?"
Osman ran away in a fury, but, to his better judgement, announced the imprisonment of Princess Annara as his first command as sultan. Annara lunged at Osman, but was carried away into the dungeon by his bodyguards. Osman knew he couldn't have any more people -- family or not -- try to take his throne.

And so began a new era.
Lady Name: Trinity Starling
ID: 5498311

For this post the author Trinity Starling thanked: 6
bearavocados (07 Nov 2019, 06:52) • Eva Adamova (10 Nov 2019, 20:05) • Loca Luna (06 Nov 2019, 22:17) • nefeliethan (11 Nov 2019, 15:02) • Thyriah (06 Nov 2019, 22:43) • Wax Storm (07 Nov 2019, 01:15)
Rating: 7.23%

Trinity Starling
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 890 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby Allison Whitney » 07 Nov 2019, 00:42

Osman hasn't had one good night of sleep since he has become the new Sultan. There have been assassination attempts that seem to come every couple of days, thankfully they are small ones and his guards have been able to keep him safe. He hasn't been able to figure out exactly who is trying to kill him but from the way his family members have been acting since he heard the news it isn't too hard to figure out that his two uncles and two aunts are unhappy and want him gone. Not to mention how his older brothers have been so upset that they left the palace in anger but those are the ones that are easiest to read. The worst ones are the family that stick close to him meanwhile plotting the worst betrayal he could feel. His one sister has stayed close to him and the servants have found 3 food poison attempts on his life. I can't forget how a trained hawk came at me when I was taking a walk to think. I can't be anywhere without heavy protection and I feel suffocated by responsibilities and changes that have happened since becoming Sultan. I didn't know realize how terrible things would become after following father's decision to choose me!

For this post the author Allison Whitney thanked: 7
bearavocados (07 Nov 2019, 06:52) • Eamane (08 Nov 2019, 20:11) • ethelind helena chua (07 Nov 2019, 01:37) • Eva Adamova (10 Nov 2019, 20:05) • nefeliethan (11 Nov 2019, 15:02) • Thyriah (11 Nov 2019, 02:08) • Wax Storm (07 Nov 2019, 01:16)

Allison Whitney

Have thanks: 45 times
National Flag:
Canada

Postby ethelind helena chua » 07 Nov 2019, 01:36

Osman, never forget what his mother taught him to have a good heart, he knew that upon accepting the thrown there will be traitors and betrayal within his circles especially with his brothers and sister.
Hearing all the rumors, he is wise enough not to make any action without proving that the rumors are true. But when the rumors have been proven true, still his good heart prevail, he just send them outside the palace to live, strip off everything.

One night while sleeping and with all the guards guarding Osman room, someone planned to kill him, but Osman knew all along the plan will be done, he pretended to be as sleep and alerted his guard, in order to catch the culprit, upon catching it, instead of putting him imprisoned he summon to send him to live outside the palace and strip off everything. Not only did he do these one time but he did it to the one who attempted to poison him. Stripping off everything that they have is the only thing he can think of.

helena
id=1200723

For this post the author ethelind helena chua thanked: 7
Allison Whitney (07 Nov 2019, 07:59) • bearavocados (07 Nov 2019, 06:52) • Eamane (08 Nov 2019, 20:09) • Eva Adamova (10 Nov 2019, 20:06) • nefeliethan (11 Nov 2019, 15:03) • Thyriah (11 Nov 2019, 02:09) • Wax Storm (07 Nov 2019, 04:48)

ethelind helena chua

Have thanks: 301 times

Postby Loca Luna » 07 Nov 2019, 02:02

Beginnings:
As a child,Osman was aware of the story of the two kidnapped boys that lived in the palace. Although they were captives, they were treated well, taught alongside Osman and his brothers on things of language, religion and war. In fact, the younger boy, Radu, and Osman had developed a close friendship. Together they would sneak into the kitchens and steal treats even though the cooks would chase them out with wooden spoons threatening to hit them. They also practiced their battle skills out in the forest, having mock fights against each other, testing their strength and strategy. They even hunted together, tracking game through the woodlands so they could impress the men with their kills.
The other kidnapped boy however, had a growing hatred for the Ottoman Empire. He was a loner who refused to become a "civilized" member of the Ottoman society. He was an angry child and an even angrier young man who would go on to rule his home country, Wallachia.
When Osman was sent away from the Empire, he was unable to remain in contact with Radu. So as time went on, they forgot their friendship and moved on in their own lives.

Present:
As Sultan, Osman wanted to be brave and fair. His natural graciousness was already showing in the early parts of his leadership. Iman had been convinced to work with her brother. They had not yet decided to what end this partnership was, but they were both sharing their collective knowledge for the benefit of the people. Iman worried that Osman's sense of fairness would be seen as a weakness and that it would be used against him. She was already seeing and hearing things involving her siblings that caused her to worry. Since she had grown up in the Empire, she had a vast network of people who were loyal to her.
Osman soon learned of the dangers that faced not only him, but everyone in the Ottoman Empire. He gathered his great army, which included some his brothers, uncles, cousins and nephews. All able bodied men fought for their nation. Iman, as a woman, was unable to join the campaign. Besides, only Osman knew of her fighting abilities.

They headed in the direction of the army that was advancing their way. They had to stop them and as far away from the capital as possible. As they got closer to the offending army they came upon horrific sights. A message. A warning really, of what the enemy was capable of. There were whispers of unease in Osman's camp. He worried that some of his men were losing courage. One night, as Osman was in his tent eyeing a map and making plans for the next day, one of the young boys, around aged 12, asked for entry as he needed to speak to the Sultan. He greeted his Sultan with great reverence, apologizing for the information he had come to deliver. Two of his brothers were seen leaving the camp, taking supplies with them. They were headed in the direction of the enemy. At first, Osman thought worriedly, his brothers were being too brave. Maybe trying to seek glory ahead of the army. However the young steward quickly squashed those fears. He had been on the outskirts of the camp near the trail the brothers were using in their departure. The boy heard what they were softly saying to one another. They were going to help this terrifying enemy, reveal plans and tactics to gain favor with that leader.
Osman knew that it was cowardice that drove his brothers to such actions. He would not tolerate cowardice or traitors. He headed up a group of soldiers, many of them related to him, and quickly went after these foolish men. Osman knew that if his brothers were to reach the enemy, it could be devastating to everyone he'd sworn to protect. For Vlad the Impaler did not leave behind survivors. He and his men would decimate the Ottoman Empire. Osman's brothers could not reveal vital information to Vlad Dracul. He knew they would try to join forces with him to gain the throne from Osman. They had to act fast.

Loca Luna
ID: 6345252
Club: Equality
What if it really is all about the Hokey Pokey?

For this post the author Loca Luna thanked: 7
Allison Whitney (07 Nov 2019, 08:02) • bearavocados (07 Nov 2019, 06:52) • Eva Adamova (10 Nov 2019, 20:06) • nefeliethan (11 Nov 2019, 15:03) • Red Queen (13 Nov 2019, 13:02) • Thyriah (11 Nov 2019, 02:09) • Wax Storm (07 Nov 2019, 04:48)

Loca Luna

Have thanks: 199 times
National Flag:
United States

Postby bearavocados » 07 Nov 2019, 06:51

My story, sorry for my english -_-

When the throne successor's name was announced a few days, Prince Orhan - Osman's brother and Princess Rabia came to Uncle Urtugrul to inform him. "Hmm!" that man grimaced: "It's really out of my plan. But that's alright, just let Osman take the throne. The Byzantine Empire's people have sent me the secret message, within a month or so they will send their troops here. When Osman takes his troops to fight back, we will take this opportunity to bring the soldiers in to overthrow him."
"I'm afraid we won't make it, uncle Urtugul." Princess Rabia cried. "Osman seems to have suspected us, if we do not act immediately, iam afraid it will be late."
Urtugul flashed a vicious look. "So we will poison him and announce him to die of illness. Then we will take the throne and the three of us will rule this country as agreed, my dear prince and princess."
Prince Orhan continued: "But how to poison him, the guards kept strictly, his food and drink were also strictly inspected?"
" I have a way." Urtugul waved his hand. "I prepared for him a gift." After saying that, he clapped his hands: "Come out, Fazila!" From behind the crimson curtain, a radiant beautiful girl gracefully came out.
NAME: BA.C
ID: 5596711

For this post the author bearavocados thanked: 6
Allison Whitney (07 Nov 2019, 08:00) • Eamane (08 Nov 2019, 20:15) • Eva Adamova (10 Nov 2019, 20:06) • nefeliethan (11 Nov 2019, 15:03) • Thyriah (11 Nov 2019, 02:09) • Wax Storm (07 Nov 2019, 06:57)

bearavocados

Have thanks: 267 times

Postby nefeliethan » 07 Nov 2019, 16:41

Osman's brother and sisters envied him.They found their father as the last hoe to expel him "You know he is always envied us. If we live in his kingdom... we are afraid."
"Tell that its you all who envied him."
The eldest prince, after the coronation of Osman, was heartbroken. He did his best to adjust with it .But he soon realized that even his wife had started to disrespect him.
His father-in-law, Zafar, feared that Osman's hostility to the eldest prince would affect his family. He always tried to degrade him ... he degraded him infront of the rest of the family.
His wife was severely ill. She asked if she could see her father. The elder pRince came to his father-in-law. Zafar made no move. The prince bowed to him. Zafar didn't even gave him a smile
"what do you want?"
He told Zafar that his daughter was severely ill. She wanted to see him urgently.
"Then?"
"Can you come with me to the please?"
"What, to see her?"
The prince suddenly stared into his face. Three years ago he was not this bad. Look at how his way of speaking changed. Three years ago he treated me like a king. But now ...
"Yes"
"I don't have time. Bring her here if you want. You can go."
"But she can't travel."
"Then go urge your brother to see her"

Osman! Osman! Osman! Why he is always mentioning him ?
The prince couldn't control his emotions.Without saying a word,he gets out of there
Osman ..... everyone needs him ..... even his father
He returns and tells the whole incident to his wife.
He covered his face.
His wife, who was dying, sighed.
"Um ...... because he has the throne ... Osman has the throne .... I dreamed of becoming a queen .... I shouldn't have wanted it .... Now my last wish is to see my own father ..... My wishes are just ... "
prince runs away ..... he could no longer tolerate it ... it was raining cats and dogs ... he was out for a long time ... but the rain only hurt him. That day his wife left him.
he walked towards his father with a wet face and a frightened face ...
"I never expected you to do this ..."
His father looked shocked at the monster's gaze
"You knew he hated us all. You would ruin our family. You made me bow to a stranger ... he didn't even deserve to be a king. I bowed in front of someone younger , everyone, my family, my friends ... now I lost my wife, I was unable to fulfil her last wish .I am a vain infront of all…Its him who is killing us.
Count your days, Father… before you die, you will see your own kingdom's destruction by him ”.
The father could not forget his son's words ..... Was he right? Why does he speak that way? ... he thought it was necessary to console him ..

Osman's father was going to meet his elder son. Suddenly the bad news came to him. He ran to his son. He could have bear any other than it. Seeing the dead son , the father fainted.The sultan was also heartbroken by his brother's death.
The father kept thinking of his dead son. His relatives used the situation to expel Osman. They reminded him of the eldest prince's words. Osman was able to understand his father's feelings
"Lord, I am willing to give away my crown if you wish ... and if you need please, don't hesitate to mention it"
The rest of his children are waiting. The father entered.
"You all mean he died because of Osman.?"
"Can't say it's not right .." Some of them stared harshly at Osman
"He does not let anyone live that easily"

"That is why I am afraid , if I give it to you he won't be easy to you too."
They knew he was mocking them. "You've lost your mind." "Osman made him lost his mind"

The father did not stand to hear their curses .He told Osman, "I have been a dumb father for so long. I do not want to be that anymore." I regret for their actions towards my eldest son. Everyone treated him that badly. But I don't want to let them treat you like that too. "
Nefeliethan

LP ID : 6081080

ImageG-dragon fashion

For this post the author nefeliethan thanked: 6
Allison Whitney (09 Nov 2019, 00:26) • bearavocados (09 Nov 2019, 03:25) • Eva Adamova (10 Nov 2019, 20:06) • Red Queen (13 Nov 2019, 13:03) • Thyriah (11 Nov 2019, 02:09) • Wax Storm (07 Nov 2019, 21:02)

nefeliethan

Have thanks: 217 times
National Flag:
India

Postby Eamane » 07 Nov 2019, 20:31

In old times it was a cusrom to have brothers fight to death and whichever was left alive, he became next sultan. Those times were horrible, so much blood and good men lost.
Later, it was a rule that every new sultan has to kill all his brothers and it was done by strangling him with silken string. What terrible times. How could you order it done, and sleep while they were dying?
After that, the oldest male relative would be a sultan and he would be inherited by the next. Much better, but still. .. it was a time of weak sultans.
I do not want to be weak. My father was not, and I do not intend to be one. But how could I sentwnce my relatives, regardless of their awful deeds? But if not punished, someone else will try again. I will never be safe, that I know, but if this is not punushed severely, someone might try it even tomorrow.
I cannot believe what they did. What kind of a person could think of it?
First, a poisoned pillow, to kill me via inhalation. That poor harem girl died after the... um. The vesir who got the task to investigate was found in the woods yesterday, with wounds made by 10 different weapons. What cruelty...

The very next morning, my bath water started boiling while I was in. Luckily a servant came by and helped me out, they would cook me alive. The pain was something horrible. The doctor game me an ointment to soothe the pain and the sleeping powder to help me recover from pain. I should have never taken it, I know better now. Luckily, my body does not take much opiats so I woke just in time to push my leather belt to stop them to close the lid of an iron box covered with spikes inside. Again it was luck it were only two boys hired to do this and I fought them off. If there were my brothers there, I would be a bloody mush right now. Two of the harem girls helped me back to bed, the pain was too much. I will see to marry them well as a reward for their help.

Later that day, a rabid woolf attacked me in the garden. I guess my sister has led it in, she's good with wild animals.

And that very evening, another attack: poisoned drink, poisoned food, even poisoned grapes. I' m so gratefull to that servant girl who saw my sister poison it and has switched the plates, so my dear sister died in convulsions. I'm sorry that the bird ate the grapes, it died in a second.
After that, my favourite robe was full of acid and left for me to wear. They knew I get dressed alone, but just then I had a boy sent as a servant, a gift from Greece. That boy who was to help me dress lost the skin on his fingers.

And just now, when I went to bed, my brothers and uncles paid the guards and came after me into my chambres with silken strangling threads. I must find out which of the girls has equiped the sleeves of my nigt shirt with daggers because she saved my life long enough for other guards to come, but not before I was forced to stab my own uncle. I need some relaxation, but it is probavly wise not to call any of the harem girls, some of them might do the next try. Oh, will I ever be able to relax!
I see my father's wisdom now, to separate me from them all, so that I would feel not as bad when I had to kill them. He knew too well my soft heart.

No, this must be dealt with, and dealt with now. Servant, call everyone to the grand hall, all respectables, guards and people. In the dawn to be there. And order all prisoners to be brougt stripped to the plain underclothes, to be bared in front of everyone. I will now talk to my trustful vesirs.
Everyone were gathered that dawn in the grand hall. As the sun came out, so did Osman. Prisoners were chained in the middle of the hall. Osman looked at his uncles, brothers and sisters. Luckily, some came out clean, so he still was not left alone, there was still a brother or sister left on his side.
The vesirs red out loud all the deeds they did. Some denied, sisters begged for mercy, some confessed. Only one brother repented. Paid-off guards stood frozen and those two young boys cried.

Osman stood, holding father's turban upside down.
- I need no more proof, you all are guilty, he said. And here is your punishment.
The brother who has repented will be sent off to the farther land with no money. He will serve. I might bring him back if he stayed true.
My brother that supported the plot and tried to strangle me because he was jealos of wealth and of harem, who cried just now but still looked at me with anger, will be turned into an Eunuch, his tounge will be cut off and will loose an eye. He will never enter harem again, but will be sold to public harem to guard their girls.
The leader of this will be burned with acid and stabbed with spikes till he bled out.
The rest of you will draw your fate out of father's turban. Here are all the things that you planned to do to me. One will be suffocated by poison you put on my pillow. one will be boiled to death. One will be thrown to the wild woolves, another will wear an acid-soaked robe till the moment of death, one will be locked into an iron maiden, and the rest strangled. All punishments will be performed in public tomorrow morning. The husbands and wives of yours will be exiled and children sold to slavery. Now, draw your fate!
With that, Osman approached each of them, looked them straight in the eye and put the turban forward.

From that day forward, Osman was called Osman the Righteous.
Last edited by Eamane on 07 Nov 2019, 21:30, edited 4 times in total.
Lady: Eamane, id=978139

"Now, Anne, that spoonful ain't any bigger than it was last year and I'M ever so much bigger." (Davy)
"When your heart skips a beat, it isn't love, its indigestion." (Mrs. Rachel Lynde)

For this post the author Eamane thanked: 8
Allison Whitney (09 Nov 2019, 00:25) • bearavocados (09 Nov 2019, 03:25) • Eva Adamova (10 Nov 2019, 20:06) • Loca Luna (08 Nov 2019, 02:55) • nefeliethan (11 Nov 2019, 15:04) • Red Queen (13 Nov 2019, 13:03) • Thyriah (11 Nov 2019, 02:09) • Wax Storm (07 Nov 2019, 21:03)
Rating: 9.64%

Eamane

Have thanks: 1570 times
National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Eamane » 07 Nov 2019, 21:17

Hi all, I must report rhat I think I've hit that red exclamation mark to soymeone. I did not intend to, I'm currently on a bad tablet and it froze, so i kept hitting all over the screen to get it to respond, and I accidently hit that exclamation triangle, whatever that is. I apologize to the person whose post it was (could't see who it was).
I tried to press it again to unmark it, bur it did nothing, except crashing my tablet.
Lady: Eamane, id=978139

"Now, Anne, that spoonful ain't any bigger than it was last year and I'M ever so much bigger." (Davy)
"When your heart skips a beat, it isn't love, its indigestion." (Mrs. Rachel Lynde)

For this post the author Eamane thanked: 3
Loca Luna (08 Nov 2019, 02:56) • nefeliethan (11 Nov 2019, 15:04) • Thyriah (11 Nov 2019, 02:09)
Rating: 3.61%

Eamane

Have thanks: 1570 times
National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Wax Storm » 07 Nov 2019, 22:38

Eamane wrote:Hi all, I must report rhat I think I've hit that red exclamation mark to soymeone. I did not intend to, I'm currently on a bad tablet and it froze, so i kept hitting all over the screen to get it to respond, and I accidently hit that exclamation triangle, whatever that is. I apologize to the person whose post it was (could't see who it was).
I tried to press it again to unmark it, bur it did nothing, except crashing my tablet.

everything is fine. I checked it and you didn't report anyone ;) All good.
Wax Storm
id=116317

For this post the author Wax Storm thanked: 3
Eva Adamova (10 Nov 2019, 20:06) • Loca Luna (08 Nov 2019, 02:56) • Thyriah (11 Nov 2019, 02:09)
Rating: 3.61%

Wax Storm
Forum Freak!
Forum Freak!

Have thanks: 1338 times
National Flag:
United States

Next

Return to Life of Sultans